Interruption

I think we were meant to be together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon and her friends, with the exception of Tiffany and Jessica, arrive at a Korean restaurant.

The hostess leads them to their tables.

Sunny takes a seat. “It feels kind of weird not having Tiff around, you know?”

“Yeah, it’s definitely quieter without her,” Yoona agrees, as she sits down next to Sunny.

Sooyoung picks a menu up from the tabletop. “This is just the beginning. When you’re in love, people tend to forget their friends!”

“We’re a low priority for them now,” Yoona agrees, pouting.

Taeyeon senses a bit of a dejected atmosphere among her friends. “Come on guys, it’s not like Fany moved away or anything like that! She’s still around, but is just busy with her relationship!”

“I miss having Jess around too, but at the same time, I’m so happy for her and Tiff!” Hyoyeon responds, before glancing at a text message she just received.

Seohyun nods with agreement, her calm demeanor hiding the elation she felt about Jessica finally dating someone else.

Yuri pouts as she rearranges her silverware. “I guess I’m happy for Fany too, but it still ! I’m used to having her with us, and hearing her loud voice!”

“You’ll understand when you fall in love,” assures Taeyeon, though she wondered if that would ever happen.

Sooyoung laughs as she reaches for her glass of water. “When Yul falls in love? You might as well have said that she’ll never understand.”

“I don’t want to understand that feeling. It’s too much of a hassle,” Yuri answers dismissively.

 

A short distance away, they hear a loud female voice talk to a table of girls next to their’s.

“Hi everyone! Rene was right, you girls are really pretty!”

“Oh my gosh! Wan, that’s the wrong table!” Irene informs her friend, feeling really embarrassed. She grabs Wendy’s arm and starts pulling her away.

“What? You said it was this one,” Wendy replies, confused. She could’ve sworn that Irene was pointing at these girls.

Joy and Yeri bursts out into laughter, after seeing the confusion on the faces of their friend and the girls at the table.

“No, I was pointing at this one!” Irene points at the table where Taeyeon and her group were watching what was happening.

“Oh! At least I was close,” Wendy replies, shrugging. She wasn’t bothered by her mistake as she follows Irene to the correct table. They weren’t really that pretty anyway.

“You really , Wannie!” accuses Yeri, laughing.

“Heh heh, sorry girls, we just… uhhh… were mistaken…?” Seulgi explains awkwardly before leaving in a hurry.

“Hi everyone! Rene said you were all so pretty, and she was right!” Wendy says to Taeyeon’s group. Now this is more like it!

“Well hey there, you girls don’t look so bad yourselves!” approves Yuri, setting her spoon down.

Irene waves shyly at them. “Hi again, everyone. Um, these are my friends; Wendy, Seulgi, Joy, and Yeri.”

“It’s great to see you again, and to meet your friends! We’re happy that you can join us tonight,” greets Taeyeon.

“And we’re happy that you got to see a classic Wendy moment today!” Joy responds with amusement.

Sunny laughs. “That was the kind of thing that Fany would do!”

“Where is Tiffany unnie?” Seulgi asks curiously, noticing that the brunette wasn’t there. She hadn’t gotten the chance to get to know Tiffany yet, but Seulgi had enjoyed her company during the one meeting they had.

“She’ll be joining us later… if we still matter to her!” answers Yoona, pouting again.

Joy was confused by the response. “What do you mean?”

“She’s been dating someone, and has been spending time away from us,” explains Taeyeon.

 

---

 

Tiffany and Jessica were walking together as they approached the restaurant where their friends were waiting.

Tiffany glances at the time on her phone. “Hey, we’re actually kind of early! How did that happen?”

“That’s surprising, considering how much traffic we had to go through.”

“That was the first time I enjoyed sitting in a traffic jam,” Tiffany replies, grinning.

Jessica smiles while blushing slightly. “You made the drive really fun,” she answers, giggling.

 

The front door of the restaurant opens, and the girl they saw at the ice cream shop comes out with a few of her friends.

The girl was surprised to see the couple. “Jess! I’m so glad to see you!”

Tiffany notices that Jessica’s demeanor had instantly become serious. It’s that girl at the ice cream shop! I’ll finally find out who she is! Though now I’m starting to suspect that this girl is Shin Hye, based on Jess’ reaction.

“I’ve been trying to get ahold you, but it sounds like you’ve been really busy,” the girl continues, when Jessica doesn’t say anything.

“Come on, Tiff, let’s go,” Jessica starts heading into the restaurant, gently pulling Tiffany by the hand.

“Wait,” the girl calls out.

Jessica ignores her.

“Jess, can we please talk for a minute? I just want to say a few things, and then I’ll just let you get back to whatever you were doing,” promises the girl.

Jessica stares at her impassively. “Will you leave me alone after this?”

“Yes,” answers the girl, smiling. But only if you want me to.

I’m so glad that Jess isn’t looking at me like that anymore! “I think she’s lying,” Tiffany whispers to Jessica.

“She better not be,” Jessica whispers back, her expression softening. She gives Tiffany’s hand a gentle squeeze. “I’ll meet you inside in a few minutes.”

“That girl is Shin Hye, isn’t she?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter