Getting closer to the truth

I think we were meant to be together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany is in her bathrobe while sitting in front of her dresser mirror, absentmindedly brushing her dark brown hair. I wonder what Jess is doing right now. She’s probably getting ready for school, like I am. I wonder what her routines are for starting the day? Is she putting on makeup for me?

You don’t really have to do that, Jess. I’m already so attracted to you.

“Fany! Let’s get going! Yul’s outside our dorm right now!” Taeyeon calls out urgently from the doorway.

“Already?” Tiffany snaps out of her thoughts and checks the time on her clock. “! What am I going to wear?!”

“I don’t know, just hurry up! Go in your bra and for all I care!” the short girl says impatiently, smiling briefly at the thought. However, she was too anxious to think about it for long; she really did not want to be late for her History class again.

“You’d like that, wouldn’t you?” The brunette throws her bathrobe off and quickly puts on a pair of jean shorts. “It’s supposed to be kind of warm today, isn’t it?”

“I don’t think it’s that warm,” answers Taeyeon, watching her friend dress.

Still in her bra, Tiffany hastily puts on a simple t-shirt and a pink sweatshirt, and then grabs her bag. “Alright, I’m ready to go! That was really fast, wasn’t it?”

“Finally! We might make it if we run!” Taeyeon locks their door after Tiffany comes out, and then starts running down the hall.

“Girl, we don’t need to be in a hurry for that stupid class!” Tiffany yells, running anyway so that they won’t leave her behind.

 

After classes were over for the day, Tiffany grabs a tray and joins the students waiting in line at the university café. She notices that the girl standing in front of her was wearing a sweater that she liked.

“That’s a really cute sweater you’re wearing!” compliments Tiffany.

The girl turns around and smiles. “Thank you, my boyfriend bought this for me last night!”

“That was nice of him! He bought the sweater, but you chose it for him, right?” Tiffany asks, grinning.

The girl giggles. “Yes, you’re right. He has pretty bad taste in women’s clothing.”

“I was like, there’s no way a guy would’ve picked something like that!” Tiffany points at the sweater.

A male student approaches the girl in front of Tiffany. “Hey babe, could you also get me some soda?”

“No problem,” says the girl.

The guy checks Tiffany out, and was clearly impressed. “Whoa, is she a friend of yours?”

The girl frowns at him. “Were you checking her out?”

“No! I was just… I thought she looked familiar so… I’ll just go back to our table now.” The guy hurries away.

“I’m guessing that was your boyfriend?” says Tiffany, glancing at a text message from Yuri.

“Yeah, he has an issue with keeping his eyes away from hot girls sometimes,” the girl replies, still frowning a little bit.

Tiffany continues to chat with the girl as they walk through the area where the food was served. She was just feeling mildly hungry, so she grabs a bottle of cran-apple juice, a small bag of chips, and a cup of broccoli cheddar soup.

“It was nice talking with you!” Tiffany says to the girl as they part ways.

“It was nice talking to you too! Maybe I’ll see you here again tomorrow,” replies the girl.

Tiffany joins her friends at their usual table, taking a seat between Taeyeon and Yuri.

“There’s the lover girl, who just had their first date!” Sooyoung says, cheering.

“How’d your first date with Irene go yesterday?” Yoona takes a bite of her tuna sandwich.

Yuri turns her attention to Tiffany. “Yeah, how far did you get with her?” she asks eagerly. “Did you at least get to feel her ?”

“It wasn’t a date. We just got to know each other, and spent some time with her friends.” Tiffany opens her bottle of juice and takes a drink.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter