Reassurance

I think we were meant to be together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany and Yoona were sitting in their political science class as their professor finishes his lecture.

“Make sure you read chapter seven, and go over your notes. Class dismissed,” announces the professor.

Tiffany looks up from her phone, pleasantly surprised. “Class is over already? Time just flew by!”

“Yeah, because you were texting the whole time,” Yoona responds wryly, putting her notebook into her backpack. During the lecture, she could hear the brunette chuckling softly while exchanging messages on her phone.

“I didn’t write anything down. Did I miss anything important?” Tiffany also puts her notebook away. The only thing that she wrote in it was today’s date.

“More or less. Were you texting Jess for the entire hour?” inquires Yoona, as she and Tiffany leave the lecture hall. Even though Tiffany hadn’t told her who she was texting, it was obvious who the other person was.

Tiffany smiles joyfully as she thinks about Jessica. “Yeah, I can’t wait to see her!”

Yoona also smiles, feeling happy for her friend. I’ve never seen her like this before. I guess this is how people are when they’re starting to fall for someone? “Are you two joining us tonight?”

“We’re thinking about it.” Tiffany looks around for Jessica. She should be nearby right now. Her class is not that far from here.
“Come on Fany, you have to go! We really want to hear the details your first date!” urges Yoona.

Tiffany squeals happily. “Oh my god, my heart still races when I think about it… it was just amazing!”

 

“Tiffanyyyy,” Jessica calls out cutely as she approaches the pair of friends. “How was your class?”

Tiffany’s expression noticeably brightens as she tucks some of her hair behind her ear. “Hi, honey! I hardly even noticed that I was in Poli Sci today.”

Jessica giggles as she holds hands with Tiffany. “I didn’t hear anything my sociology professor was saying.”

“I’m going to do badly in my class because of you!” Tiffany accuses playfully.

“That’s ok, I’m sure you won’t be doing much worse than you did before,” Jessica reassures teasingly.

“Was that supposed to make me feel better?!”

Jessica starts laughing.

 

Yoona raises a brow, after seeing Jessica act so differently than before. It’s really fascinating to see this side of Jess! The cute tone of voice she used, and just giggling and laughing so much… Fany did a great job of getting close with Jess.

 

Jessica gazes at Tiffany side profile for a moment. You’re so beautiful, Tiff. I’m still having a hard time believing that someone so pretty actually wants to date me. “Fany, I have to stop by someone’s dorm to pick up some papers for a group project. Want to come with me?”

Tiffany smiles in response. “Sure! And we can grab something to eat on the way!”

“You’ll soon find out that Tiff enjoys food a little more than the average person. There’s a reason why we call her Pig Fany,” Yoona says to Jessica, while laughing.

Jessica smiles at Tiffany. “Pig Fany? That’s pretty cute!”

Tiffany pouts. “You’re supposed to be on my side!”

“Awww, of course I’m on your side,” assures Jessica, giving Tiffany a peck on her lips.

Tiffany blushes a little bit as she giggles.

Yoona gasps in surprise. I’ve never seen Fany acting like this before! “Fany is blushing and giggling like a little girl just because she got a kiss?! I can’t believe this!”

Tiffany smacks Yoona’s shoulder, feeling a little embarrassed. “Shut up!”

 

---

 

As Jessica drives out of the campus parking garage, Tiffany squeals excitedly.

“This is the first time I’ve been in your car! This is so awesome! Let’s see what Ms. Jessica is carrying around in here.” Tiffany enthusiastically opens the glove compartment.

“Easy there, Tiff. Have you ridden in a car before?” teases Jessica.

“It’s just so exciting that I get to ride in yours! Wow, you carry a lot of candy in here. I think I’ll have some of these gummy bears.”

Jessica grins as she turns the CD player on. “Help yourself. Hyoyeon actually put some of that candy in there yesterday.”

“Next time, tell her to put some potato chips and cookies in here too,” suggests Tiffany, holding some of the gummy bears up to Jessica’s mouth.

Jessica lets Tiffany feed the candy to her. “Are you that hungry?”

“Yeah, I only had an orange for lunch.” Tiffany puts some gummy bears into .

“That’s hardly anything. Where do you want to go?”

Tiffany looks out the window, and then she eagerly points at a couple of food carts that were on the sidewalk. “Ooh! Let’s stop by here!”

“Alright. I hope they have something good,” replies Jessica, parking the car along the sidewalk.

Tiffany gets out of the car and approaches the first food cart, which was being run by a middle-aged woman. The brunette sees that the woman was preparing steamed pork buns. “Hi ajumma! How are you doing today?”

The woman gives her a brief, forced smile. “I’ve been busy. How many do you want?”

“These look very good. I’d like four of them.”

Jessica joins Tiffany. “I’ll have three.”

The woman places seven buns into a plastic bag, and then puts it onto a paper plate. “That will be 5,600 won.”

Both Tiffany and Jessica offer the woma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter