More information

I think we were meant to be together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I want some pizza,” Yoona announces as she and Sooyoung walk into the Mall Food Court area.

Sooyoung grins cheerfully. “Sure, I’ll have some too, and a burger with that!”

The pair of girls joins the line waiting at Pizza Hut. There was a group of three girls ahead of them.

“I’m kind of surprised at how well Fany seems to have progressed with Jess. I was starting to think that she considered Fany as not her type,” comments Sooyoung as they waited.

“I know, right? It did seem that way at first, but somehow, they actually became closer. Maybe it’s because of the ‘opposites attract’ theory?” Yoona responds contemplatively.

Sooyung nods in agreement. “That’s possible. But I wonder why Jess seemed like she wanted to keep her distance from Fany at first.”

Yoona shrugs. “I don’t know, it could be any number of things, like feeling intimidated by loud people, or playing hard to get.”

Sooyoung glances at the girls in front of them. “Speaking of loud people, they need to calm down!”

Two girls in the group were having a heated argument, and the third girl was watching them with crossed arms and a look of irritation on her face.

Finally, the third girl couldn’t take anymore. “Alright you two, that’s enough! Stop it!”

“Fine! Then tell Yeri that she’s overreacting!”

“Or you can tell Joy that she’s being dense and insensitive!”

“What are you talking about?! She’s a mutual friend! You know her!”

“Yeah, but you know her more than I do!”

The third girl was clearly trying to control her temper. “If you two don’t settle down right now, I’m going to ask you to leave,” she says sternly.

Seeing the look in the third girl’s eyes, the other two grumbled as they turned away from each other.

“That was pretty impressive,” Yoona compliments the third girl.

The girl turns to Yoona with a surprised expression. Then she blushes, smiling shyly. “Sorry that you had to see all that.”

Yoona grins reassuringly. “I see the same things with my group of friends on a regular basis, and our leader usually has to step in like you did.”

“Yeah, although sometimes our leader gets involved too!” adds Sooyoung.

The girl just smiles while looking at them curiously.

Maybe she wants to know our names. Yoona decides to introduce herself. “My name is Yoona, and she’s Sooyoung.”

One of the girls who had been arguing turns to them. “Sooyoung? That’s my Korean name also.”

Sooyoung gives her a thumbs-up sign. “Nice! Your parents have good taste!”

“Nice to meet you, Yoona and Sooyoung. My name is Irene,” says the third girl. Then she points at the other girl who had been arguing. “And she’s Yeri.”

Yeri doesn’t bother looking at them as she angrily types a message on her phone.

“It’s nice to meet you girls,” Yoona says with a smile, her gaze lingering on Irene.

Irene smiles back at her, blushing slightly.

Sooyoung looks at the two of them with a raised brow. Am I imagining this? Those two are acting like they’re interested in each other! There’s one way to find out. “Irene, are you seeing anyone?”

“Not really, I recently met someone at a… um… place, and found out that she’s not really my type,” Irene answers tentatively.

“By ‘place’, she means dating sites,” Joy explains helpfully.

Irene glares at her.

Dating sites? Like Fany? I hope she isn’t one of the girls that Fany was talking to! Though I guess it doesn’t really matter now. Sooyoung grins mischievously. “What a coincidence! Yoona is single too! Right, Yoona?”

Yoona smiles uneasily. “Yeah, I guess I am, aren’t I? Thanks for letting everyone know, Sooyoung!”

Sooyoung starts laughing when she sees her friend’s reaction. “This is great! I’ve never seen you so uncomfortable before!”

Yoona frowns, and then smacks Sooyoung’s shoulder; Sooyoung falls onto the floor laughing.

 

---

 

Tiffany stares at Jessica with widened eyes, with her hand over her open mouth. “Can you repeat what you just said?” she asks in disbelief. There’s no way she said that… my mind must be imagining things.

Jessica giggles. “You heard me, silly. I want to give us a try.”

Tiffany was still staring at her in shock. She’s got to be messing around with me. “Are you serious?”

“Yes! I would never joke about something like this!”

With all the rejections still fresh in her mind, Tiffany was still having a hard time believing it. “But why? Why have you suddenly changed your mind?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter