What's our plan?

I think we were meant to be together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi readers! It's been a few days since I've updated, hasn't it? :P

I have no excuse... I've just been busy, and struggling with inspiration. I seem to be a little more inspired now after taking a break, so we'll see how that goes! ^^

Thank you so much for your patience!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Taeyeon and Irene were quietly eating their ramen; the only sounds that were heard in the restaurant were their chopsticks occasionally making contact with their plastic bowls, and soft music playing in the background.

Their moods had been dampened after having seen Tiffany and Jessica kiss earlier.

After the two girls had finished eating their noodles, they spent some time silently looking through their phones.

Taeyeon reads some of the text messages that she received before, but didn’t have the chance to reply yet. I guess I could just pretend that we never saw that kiss… but what do I say? Make some comment about the weather?

Irene looks up from her phone and sees that the older girl didn’t seem to be in the mood to talk. However, Irene felt like it would be better for both of them if they discussed the issue, instead of trying to sweep it under the rug. She gives the older girl a half smile. “That kiss was a little tough to watch, wasn’t it?”

“Yeah, I have to admit, it was.” Taeyeon had avoided watching Tiffany and Jessica kiss while sitting next to them. She had thought that she had gotten over Jessica after not seeing her for almost a year, but seeing Jessica date her best friend is making her realize that she actually still had some feelings for Jessica. I’m supposed to be happy and supportive for my best friend, not be feeling upset when she kisses her girlfriend! What am I going to do?

Irene sighs. “This isn’t going to be easy… we’re probably going to be seeing them be affectionate with each other quite often now.”

Taeyeon doesn’t reply. She’s right, the couple haven’t been shy at all with displaying their affections in public; which means this is only the beginning. I guess we’ll have to get used to that… somehow.

Irene, seeing her companion stay quiet, decides to try to look at things in a more positive view. “Even though it may be difficult it is for us, we should be happy for them. It’s their right to be affectionate with each other, since they’re a couple.

And even though I don’t know Tiffany very well, I do know that she’s not the type of person to do something like that on purpose to make us feel uncomfortable.”

Taeyeon nods in agreement. “Yeah, you’re right. Neither Tiff nor Jess knows how we feel, so it’s not like they did that on purpose.” But that doesn’t really help my problem.

 

After a few minutes of awkward silence, the two girls decided that it was time to leave the restaurant.

“How did you like your ramen?” Taeyeon tries to change the subject as she warily checks the floor on their way out. Her was still hurting a little bit, and she wasn’t planning on ending up on the floor again.

Despite her discouraged mood, Irene couldn’t help giggling as she notices the older girl’s careful inspection. “It was good. Are you looking for something?” she inquires with a hint of teasing in her tone.

Taeyeon has a small grin of satisfaction on her face when she safely arrives at the front door. “Yeah, I really don’t want to step on any more toys today!”

As soon as the two girls stepped outside, Taeyeon receives a text message.

 

Tiffany: Are you ok? You seemed kind of depressed when Jess and I left the restaurant. I didn’t want to ask in front of Irene, in case it was personal

Taeyeon: Yes I’m ok, just some school related stress

Tiffany: Yeah right. I doubt school stuff can make you look sad like that

Taeyeon: I wasn’t sad

Tiffany: You know you can always talk to me about anything

Taeyeon: I know. Don’t worry about me

Tiffany: I’ll do what I want

 

Taeyeon couldn’t help grinning at her best friend’s sassy response as she puts her phone away.

The two girls walked silently together for a few minutes, deep in thought.

“Did your friends decide to watch a movie today?” Irene tucks some of her hair behind her ear as they walked along the University District. She also decides that it was time to change the subject.

“I’ll ask right now.” Taeyeon takes her phone out of her coat pocket and sends a group text message.

 

---

 

Tiffany and Jessica are in Jessica’s car as the older girl drives.

Tiffany was pensively eating the leftover gummy bears that were stored in the glove compartment. She had finished off most of the contents of the bag from the previous times that she had been in Jessica’s car.

Realizing that her girlfriend had been uncharacteristically quiet, Jessica takes a glance at the younger girl and notices her expression. “What are you thinking about?”

“Something’s kind of bothering me… did you see the looks on Tae and Irene’s faces before we left?”

“Not really. I only took a brief glance at them as we headed out. Why?”

“I don’t know, maybe it was my imagination, but they seemed a little downhearted.” Tiffany puts a few gummy bears into . “I texted Tae about it, but as expected, she just denied feeling that way.”

“You could’ve been reading too much into their expressions,” suggests the older girl as she slows the car down to a stop.

“Maybe, but they both seemed to have the look of someone who recently got rejected by their crush.” Tiffany realizes what she just said. Rejected by their crush, as in Tae has feelings for Jess, and Irene has feelings for me? No way, that’s not what really happened, right?

As the possibility dawns on the younger girl, she remembers her best friend’s behavior. “Wait a second, remember we were talking about how Tae seemed to have been acting weird around us yesterday?”

Jessica does remember. “Yeah, what about it?”

“I hope I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure that Tae and Irene got those dejected looks right after we kissed at the restaurant earlier!”

Jessica raises a brow at the implication made by her girlfriend. “Are you saying what I think you’re saying?”

“It would make sense, wouldn’t it? Tae obviously had a crush on you when you two first met and kissed, and when the kiss was brought up again yesterday, she started acting strangely.

And then after we kissed at the restaurant, she seemingly became depressed,” explains Tiffany. Even though it was making sense, she didn’t want to believe it. It would be awful if Taeng still had feelings for Jess! That could make things really awkward between us!

“Oh my god, then that would mean that Tae still has feelings for me!” Jessica replies apprehensively. I thought that Tae had gotten over our kiss, just like I have. But if she hadn’t, then that’s going to be a problem.

“I know, right? It seems crazy, but the pieces fit!” Tiffany reaches into the bag for more gummy bears, but was disappointed to find that it was now empty.

Jessica thinks back on how Taeyeon had wanted to say something to her before she left to find Tiffany at the bar. Tae seemed pretty uncomfortable with what she had in mind, and was discouraged when I was impatient with her. “If it is true, what do we do?”

Tiffany really hoped that she was wrong, but her instincts were saying otherwise. She just knew her best friend too well. “I don’t know,” she answers uncertainly.

The couple hears text message notifications on their phones, but they ignored it, being preoccupied by their current discussion.

“I think it’s time that I had a talk with Tae,” says Jessica, arriving at a grocery store parking lot.

Tiffany looks at her girlfriend curiously. “What would you say to her?”

Jessica parks her car, and then turns the engine off. “Well, the first thing we’d talk about is if she really does still have feelings for me.”

Tiffany felt doubtful about that plan. “I’m not sure that’s a good idea; I doubt she’d admit how she feels about you with such a direct question. Most people would be embarrassed to answer that, and would just deny it.”

“Yeah, I suppose most people would… but that doesn’t include you,” Jessica replies, smiling fondly as she remembers how upfront Tiffany had been with her feelings for Jessica.

“Exactly! And that’s why we’re here today, as girlfriends!” Tiffany says, grinning proudly. She puts her hand up for a high-five.

Jessica cheerfully gives her girlfriend a high-five. “We’ve accomplished so much, thanks to both of us!”

 

As the couple continued their conversation about what to do about Taeyeon, their phones had been going off with multiple notifications.

During a pause in their discussion, Tiffa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter