Another talk

I think we were meant to be together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Solar watches the interaction between Tiffany and Jessica as she takes a sip of her margarita.

Shin Hye had asked Solar to flirt with Tiffany, to see how serious Tiffany was about her relationship with Jessica. At first, Solar was reluctant to do that, because she and Tiffany were friends, and they had agreed to leave their romantic past behind. But then Shin Hye told her that Tiffany had stolen Jessica from her while Jessica and Shin Hye were on a break, and because of that, Tiffany and Jessica had a superficial rebound relationship that was going to end up with both of them being hurt.

Solar believed Shin Hye and didn’t want Tiffany to go through the pain of being a rebound for someone, so she agreed to see how serious Tiffany was about the relationship.

But after she had seen how upset Tiffany was, and the way that Tiffany and Jessica interacted, she was having second thoughts. Is this really just a rebound relationship? Their emotions towards each other seem real to me.

Shin Hye is a good friend and all, but so is Tiff. I shouldn’t be interfering with their relationship problems. Hell, I haven’t even talked with Tiff in awhile, so I don’t really know what’s been going on with her.

I was just trying to help, but I don’t think I want to be part of this anymore, whatever the hell is going on between Tiff, Jess, and Shin Hye.

Solar takes her phone out of her purse and sends a message.

 

Solar: I don’t want to do this anymore

Shin Hye: Explain

Solar: It just feels wrong, trying to mess up a relationship

Shin Hye: What relationship? It’s just puppy love between two girls trying to run from their past

Solar: It didn’t really look like that to me

Shin Hye: So now you’re the expert on this situation

Solar: Come on, don’t be like that. I’m sorry, I just don’t want to interfere. I could help in any other way?

Shin Hye: Forget it, I don’t need your ing worthless help

Solar: I said I’m sorry!

 

There was no response.

Solar frowns at her phone. “What the hell?! That was pretty rude!”

She was about to write, just because Shin Hye was a little older than Solar, it doesn’t give her the right to speak to Solar like that. Then she changes her mind, not wanting to get into a fight with Shin Hye.

 

Tiffany sniffles as she watches Jessica leave, and then slowly walks back to the counter. A part of her wanted to run after the older girl and hold Jessica in her arms, and tell her that she was sorry. What am I doing? I was hurt by what I’ve learned about Jess and Tae, and now I’m hurting even more seeing Jess like this.

“Still don’t feel like talking about it?” Solar inquires, putting her phone away when Tiffany returns.

“Yeah,” mumbles the brunette, and then she orders a bottle of soju from the bartender.

 

CL rejoins Tiffany and Solar, after having seen the interaction between Tiffany and Jessica. “Hey, you doing ok, girl?” she asks Tiffany, brows furrowed in concern.

“I’ll manage.” Tiffany opens her bottle of soju and takes a drink.

“That was Jess, wasn’t it?”

Tiffany nods, sniffling again.

CL takes a seat on the other side of Tiffany. “I could tell by the way you two looked at each other. Although I couldn’t see all that well from where I was sitting, I could tell that Jess really wants to get back with you.”

Tiffany doesn’t respond as she stares at her soju bottle.

Someone clears their throat behind the three girls. When they turn around, they see Dara standing there, with Bora, Hani, and Dasom.

CL was caught off-guard by Dara’s sudden appearance, but she tries to play it cool. “Oh, hey there, girl. I didn’t see you coming in. How you doing tonight?”

Dara was confused as she glances at Tiffany, and then back to CL. What the hell?! What is Tiffany doing here with CL? “Are you friends with Tiffany?”

Tiffany was looking at Dara with surprise. This was the first time she was seeing Dara in person, having only seen the other girl’s photos on the dating website. Seriously? I can’t believe this. CL, Solar, and now Dara? I picked the worst time to come in here.

CL casually put her arm around Tiffany. “Yeah, Tiff’s been my homegirl since high school.”

Then CL just realizes something. “Hold on, you know Tiff? Do you two know each other?”

Tiffany and Dara glanced at each other.

“Not really. We just have mutual friends, and I’ve seen her around,” answers Dara nonchalantly. I have to tell Shin Hye that Tiffany’s friends with CL! This could be a great opportunity!

“Hi Tiffany, it’s good to see you again,” greets Bora, waving.

Tiffany forces a polite smile, even though she really wasn’t in the mood to be with people; especially with a group of girls that she didn’t know very well. It looks like Bora is friends with Dara. That could get a little awkward. “Hi Bora.”

“How are you doing?”

“Could be better.”

There was an uncomfortable silence among the girls.

“Why don’t we move over to a table, so that you girls don’t have to be standing around?” suggests CL.

Soon, the seven girls were seated at the table where CL had been earlier. A waitress approaches them and takes their drink orders, as well as some appetizers.

Tiffany takes a drink from her soju bottle. Then she takes her phone out from her coat and stares at the screen, debating whether she should send a text message to Jessica. What would I say? I want to tell her that I miss her, and that I want to work things out with her.

CL, seeing Tiffany stare at her phone, puts her hand onto Tiffany’s shoulder. “Go after your girl.”

Tiffany looks at her. “I’ll be fine.”

“No, you won’t. You’ve been moping this whole time, and the only way you’re going to resolve this is to go talk to her.”

Tiffany was doubtful. “But, I feel… kind of, you know…”

“Then tell her how you feel. Give her and yourself a chance to work this out,” advises CL. “I ain’t no expert on relationships, but I do know when you just gotta talk with your partner.”

Solar concurs with CL. “I agree. I could tell she has strong feelings for you, and she wants to make things right with you. And I am an expert, so do what I say.”

Tiffany looks at Solar, and then back to CL. “You girls are right. I shouldn’t be here right now!”

“Exactly! Go to Jess!” encourages CL.

Tiffany stands up. Then she looks at Solar. “We have to catch up sometime.”

“Of course! Now get going! She’s waiting for you!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter