Private talk

I think we were meant to be together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica wasn’t paying any attention to the conversations around her; she was occupied with doubts about Shin Hye, and their past relationship. Did I give up on our relationship too quickly? Was there actually a chance that we could have worked things out?

Do I even want to try to work things out with someone like Shin Hye? She’s the one who abandoned our relationship.

As the troubling thoughts run through her mind, she continues to embrace Tiffany, while leaning against her. She would normally feel embarrassed about being clingy in front of people she doesn’t know very well, but she doesn’t care right now.

Being in close contact with Tiffany was making her feel calm and safe.

After a few minutes, Jessica was feeling like she could think rationally again, having had time away from her ex-girlfriend. She looks at the younger girl. “Tiff?”

“Hm?” Tiffany was struggling to maintain her focus on the conversations she was having with her friends; Jessica’s affections was making her flustered, and there were times when she forgot or misunderstood her friends’ questions.

“If you don’t mind, I’d like to be alone with you now. I want to talk about the conversation I had with Shin Hye,” Jessica murmurs softly.

Tiffany wasn’t expecting Jessica to be talking to her about it so soon. She figured that Jessica would want to put it off for awhile, after having been so shaken up over it. “Oh! You’re ready? Yeah, of course!”

Tiffany then turns to the group and smiles apologetically. “Sorry guys, but we’re going to have to take a rain check on this meeting. Maybe tomorrow night.”

Not surprisingly, Tiffany’s friends protested, or wanted to know why the couple was leaving.

Taeyeon raises a brow. “Are you serious?”

“Why are you leaving us?” asks Sooyoung.

“Come on, don’t leave so soon!” urges Hyoyeon.

“We have some important things to talk about,” explains Tiffany as the couple stood up and got ready to leave.

“Nooooo, stay with us!” demands Yuri.

“But you just got heeeeere!” complains Yoona, setting her phone down.

Sunny starts pouting. “Can’t it wait for an hour, after you’ve eaten?”

“I know you guys really love me, but I have to go. See you later!” Tiffany waves goodbye, leaving with Jessica.

“Wait!” Taeyeon gets up and walks over to them.

The couple turns and looks at Taeyeon.

“What is it, Tae?” asks Tiffany. She could see that her friend has a serious expression on her face; the kind of look Taeyeon usually has when she’s about to lecture someone.

“I need to have a talk with you, when you get home later tonight,” Taeyeon answers in a no-nonsense tone.

Tiffany had a pretty good idea of what that talk was going to be about, considering that Taeyeon had seen what had happened with Shin Hye earlier. “Alright, I’ll see you then.”

Taeyeon looks at Jessica. “Are you feeling better?”

“Yes, thank you.”

Taeyeon looked like she wanted to say something else to Jessica, but changes her mind. She forces a smile. “Good. You two enjoy yourselves.”

Tiffany notices the short girl was worried, but was trying not to show it. “Don’t be so upset, Taeng! We got this under control!” she assures, smiling.

Taeyeon simply gives her a tight-lipped smile in response. How can you be so sure about that? I don’t get the impression that even Jess feels like her emotions are under control.

But for both of your sakes, I sincerely hope you’re right.

 

---

 

Tiffany and Jessica arrives at Jessica’s shared dorm room. They set the takeout food they brought from the restaurant onto Jessica’s desk.

Tiffany eagerly opens her takeout box. “Yes! The food is still warm. I’ve been looking forward to trying the galbi from that restaurant!”

“I’m actually pretty hungry now.” Jessica places plastic utensils in front of Tiffany and herself.

“Then you can have some of these, they’re really good,” Tiffany puts some of the galbi from her box into Jessica’s.

“Thanks,” replies Jessica, as she puts some of her daeji bulgogi into Tiffany’s takeout box.

“Did you make this spicy?” Tiffany cautiously tries some of the pork.

“Not really. I’m not a big fan of spicy food.”

“Good, me neither. A little bit is fine, but some Koreans get a little out of control with that stuff.”

The couple eats their dinner in comfortable silence for awhile, both absorbed in their own thoughts.

“Taeyeon seemed a bit concerned about something.” Jessica takes a drink of water from her plastic bottle.

Tiffany picks up a forkful of seasoned spinach. “Yeah, I’m sure that she wants to talk to me about our relationship.”

“Or more specifically, about what’s going on between me and Shin Hye.”

Tiffany nods as she chews her food. “Tae was wary when I told her that you still had feelings for Shin Hye.”

Jessica sighs as she moves her rice around with her spoon. She knows how it must look to people on the outside, with her jumping into a relationship before getting over their ex-girlfriend. “I’m sorry.”

Tiffany looks at her quizzically. “For what?”

“I’m making it look like you’re a rebound.”

Tiffany grins when she hears the reason for the apology. “Don’t apologize! This was a decision we made together, and I don’t care if people judge us for it!”

Jessica smiles, feeling warmth towards the younger girl. Tiff really does have my back. This isn’t something I’ve felt in a relationship for a really long time.

 

Then Jessica suddenly seems a bit tentative. “Could I ask you a big favor?”

Tiffany becomes quite curious about the mood change, and what kind of a favor the older girl had in mind. “Sure, what is it?”

Jessica hesitates, seemingly conflicted about whether to say it or not. “I hope I’m not being too forward about this… and I’m completely ok with you feeling like it’s too soon…”

Tiffany reaches over and puts her hand onto Jessica’s. “Jess, just tell me what’s on your mind. You’ll find that I’m pretty open when it comes to ,” she says gently, while smirking.

Jessica blushes as she giggles nervously. “Stop it! I… I was just wondering if… you’d be willing to spend the night here with m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter