At the bar

I think we were meant to be together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Just wanted to say thank you so much for your support on the previous chapter! :)

I really appreciate you staying around to read this <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Tiffany was crying as she rushes outside. Her heart was hurting from what she had learned about her best friend and the girl she was falling in love with. “Why did it have to be Tae, of all people?! It could’ve been anyone else, BUT IT JUST HAD TO BE TAE!” she yells, with tears streaming down her cheeks.

But she also hated leaving Jessica like that, when the older girl was also about to cry. Turning her back on Jessica while she was begging, and seeing the look on her face was really painful, and it makes her cry harder.

 

Tiffany wipes her tears off with the back of her hand as she walks into the Blue Moon, the closest bar to where she currently was. Due to how close it was to the campus, it was one of the most popular bars in the area. Even though it was a weekday night, there were a lot of college students there, either socializing or drinking their problems away.

 

Tiffany takes a seat in front of the bartender, a young man who was probably a student himself. She didn’t care that she looked like she had been crying.

“Hey there, pretty girl! Meeting someone later?” he asks, wiping off a wet cocktail glass with a dish towel. Then the boy regrets asking when he sees Tiffany’s reddened eyes. Oops, I should’ve looked before I said anything.

“No, I just need some alone time right now. I’ll have a shot of Sunset Rum,” Tiffany orders in a flat tone.

“Everyone’s got those kinds of days. One Sunset coming up!”

As the guy pours Tiffany’s drink into a shot glass, she stares pensively at the rows of bottles behind the bartender. I’m not sure who I’m more disappointed with; my best friend or the girl I was possibly going to have a serious relationship with. I really trusted both of them.

And while I still do trust them, I just don’t know how I feel about this right now.

 

“Yo, Tiff! Am I glad to see you!” calls out CL, sounding relieved. She walks over to the brunette with an uneasy grin on her face, while carrying a half-full glass of Mojito.

Tiffany snaps out of her thoughts and turns to CL with a forced smile. Though CL is her friend, she wasn’t in the mood to discuss her problem at the moment, so she tries to act like things were normal. “Oh, hey girl! It’s been awhile, hasn’t it?”

The bartender places the shot glass in front of Tiffany.

CL exchanges a hug with Tiffany. “Yeah, too long, baby. I just met Yul a few hours ago, getting ready to meet someone.”

Tiffany takes her glass and drinks its content. “Oh, right. You were supposed to set her up with one of your hoes,” she replies, pushing the empty shot glass towards the bartender.

“You know it. Hey, I could always find one for you too, if you’re ever interested. I know plenty of girls who’d want some quality time with that of yours!”

“As deeply flattered as I am to hear such a lovely compliment, no thanks. I’m in a relationship right now.”

CL looks at her with widened eyes. “For real? Congrats, girl! I never knew you were the type to settle down and be all domestic like that!”

“What do you mean domestic? I’m just in a relationship, not a married life with a family,” Tiffany replies with a half grin.

“Being in a steady relationship leads to that kind of stuff, you know? But that ain’t for Yul, who gets nervous whenever she hears about long-term relationships.” CL says, chuckling.

“Yeah, if I want to make her leave the room, all I have to do is say ‘commitment’, and she’s instantly gone,” Tiffany responds with amusement.

CL starts laughing. “I need to remember that! That could be pretty damn useful someday.”

Actually, maybe I should get her opinion on this. Tiffany waits for her to calm down before asking her a question. “Speaking of relationships, what would you think if the girl you’re dating had kissed your best friend, about a year ago, and neither of them tells you about it until now?”

CL’s expression becomes serious as she contemplates the question. “Were you dating that girl at the time when your friend kissed her? Because if you were, that’d be ed up as hell.”

“No, neither of us knew who that girl was, and never met her before.”

“Then the next question I’d ask is, did they have something to hide?”

“The girl was afraid of me leaving her, and the friend was scared of me feeling devastated about it,” answers Tiffany.

CL purses her lips. “That’s a tough one to answer. There’s so many things to consider, like how much you trust them, how close you are to them, why they would be so scared, stuff like that.”

Tiffany sighs. “That’s where I’m at. I don’t know how to feel about all this.”

“So this is actually happening to you right now?”

“Unfortunately, yes.”

CL’s eyes widen. “Oh damn, that’s pretty serious! I don’t know who you’re dating, but I do know Taeyeon. And I know that she wouldn’t do stuff to purposefully you over. She ain’t that type, and you two go way back.”

“I know. I completely trust Tae, and that hasn’t changed. But it just hurts when someone like that actually ends up hiding something that important from me.”

“She wouldn’t do that without a good reason, even if that reason may from your point of view.”

Tiffany simply nods as she stares at the empty counter space in front of her, reminding her that it was time to order another drink. “Bartender! Give me a Daiquiri.”

“One Daiquiri coming up!” replies the guy behind the counter, grabbing a clean cocktail glass.

“What about the girl you’re dating? Is she trustworthy?” asks CL, taking a drink of her Mojito.

“Yes. Even though we’ve been dating for only a couple of weeks, we already have a strong connection because we’ve been there for each other, and have confided each other about many sensitive things.”

CL furrows her brow thoughtfully as she swirls the drink in her glass with a mint leaf stem. “Have any idea why she’d be scared of telling you about this?”

The bartender places a cocktail glass of Daiquiri in front of Tiffany.

Tiffany frowns as she thinks about Jessica’s past relationship with Shin Hye. “Jess has been through a lot with her ex-girlfriend. Her ex-girlfriend created a toxic relationship that really hurt her, and made Jess think that their relationship fell apart because of her.

So she felt like she might lose another relationship if I found out about the kiss.”

CL nods understandingly. “I’ve seen girls like that; damaged goods. Insecure as .”

Tiffany stares at her cocktail glass. “That’s why I’m feeling conflicted right now. On one hand, I totally understand why Jess felt that way, and I feel really bad for her. Shin Hye ed around with Jess, and made her feel very insecure about herself. But on the other hand, it hurts knowing that she kissed Tae in the past and didn’t tell me about it.”

“Maybe you just need to give it time. You don’t need to make any decisions right now, right?”

 “Yeah, I guess so. I don’t know what else to do,” Tiffany answers in a dejected tone, taking a sip of her Daiquiri.

 

CL gives the bartender her empty glass. Then she turns back to Tiffany. “Now I need some advice from you, since you seem to be an expert on getting the girl you want.”

“It did take a lot of skill to get someone like Jess to date me,” agrees Tiffany, with a hint of a smirk.

“Ok, so there’s this one girl I think I like…” CL says hesitantly.

“Whoa, you actually like someone? Is she rich?” teases Tiffany.

CL grins as she grabs a napkin from the counter. “Hell no, don’t be making me out as some ing gold digger! But yeah, I feel kind of attracted to someone,” she admits, folding and unfolding the napkin several times.

Tiffany watches her with amusement. “Are you embarrassed about this?”

“Are you gonna give me advice, or not?!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter