Vol. 8

Love Exposé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: it's amazing how the story i originally planned changes while I'm writing it.. :) l realized I don't want to make a long- fic once again, since I'm too busy with school anyway. hope you like it!

..........................................................................................

I got out of the van and into a quagmire of camera flashes.

 

I’ve always thought how ridiculous it is that people care so much about what celebrities wear to the airport. At the end of the day, it all comes down to being comfortable while sitting for hours on the plane. I know some artists who go all out dressed like they have an appointment on the runway while walking in but quickly change back to sweatshirts and pants as soon as they are out of the public eye. It’s ridiculous and it’s just not my game. Even their expectations of me as Sehun’s new girlfriend cannot change that. So, I chose a light pink knitted top, black fitted jeans, and combat boots for my get-up. I crossed the road slowly, then turned my back against the glass doors of Incheon airport, so I can briefly smile for the cameras. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Junho and one of my staff tasked to accompany me today, hurry to get my luggage inside. Meanwhile, Boyoung stood silently on the side, her attention focused on me while I let the media and the fans take my picture.

 

Despite my stance on my attire though, this time’s flight is admittedly more special. Sehun and I are going to travel together for the very first time. This is to shoot our cover feature for W Magazine in Greece. Unbeknownst to many people however, Sehun and I made an arrangement to arrive separately at Incheon. We didn’t want so many pictures of us circulating online even before we could arrive at our destination. Of course, we’re not gonna be able to completely avoid that, but at least, we didn’t want to cause such media frenzy to ourselves right from the very beginning.

 

Thus, Sehun arrived 20 minutes earlier than me. His team and the W Magazine staff arranged to wait for us before the express check-in counter.

 

“Youjin, let’s go,” manager Boyoung said. I bowed to the media one last time, and finally entered the airport. Some of them followed but I didn’t look back anymore. I made a point however to smile to the fans who were struggling to keep up with me, although the guards at Incheon were making sure they couldn’t come close within a meter’s distance from all sides.

 

Sehun saw me first before I could even try to look for him. He raised a hand high up in the air and motioned for Boyoung and I to approach the whole team. He was already in the express lane of the VIP check-in counter where I could just see the attendant trying hard not to ogle at him. At Sehun’s actions, some of the fans and onlookers turned their head and noticed me approaching. I tried hard not to look down from embarrassment. The cameras were already clicking in my direction and some of the travellers were also pausing to gauge what’s happening.

 

“They’ll think we coordinated,” I told Sehun as soon as I’m close enough to whisper to him. Surprisingly, Sehun, not quite unlike my get-up, chose to wear a knitted long-sleeve top, although in color black, which fitted his body perfectly that it emphasized his muscular upper arms. He matched it with faded blue jeans and a black bonnet on his head.

 

“What’s with the glasses?” I joked. He also wore round eyeglasses that made him seem like a studious person.

“Don’t tell me you’re not digging the look,” he smirked at me. I wanted to punch him on his shoulder blade but I restrained myself because the pictures would be enough to paint me as an abusive to Sehun.

“Youjin, your passport!” Boyoung loudly asked so that her voice would carry over the chaos. I left Sehun for a while and approached the counter to process my baggage check-in.

 

The whole ordeal was fairly smooth. The attendant, who seemed like she could only be a little bit older than me, looked so shy and embarrassed, but I knew it wasn’t because of me. So, after my luggage were processed, I leaned closer to her and asked, “Do you want to take a picture with Sehun?”

Her eyes went wide and she shook her head wildly. I thought she was cutely innocent. “Oh no, Ms. Han, I’m not—“

“It’s okay, I know you’re not allowed to ask, that’s why I’m offering,” I stealthily muttered with a gentle smile.

She seemed to be debating with herself at my insistence. I knew she wanted to, so I turned my head and called for Sehun. Sehun looked at me curiously, probably at a lost for what I wanted at that moment, but he still followed.

“Can you give me your phone, please?” I asked the attendant.

Still quite a bit stunned, she fumbled through her pocket quickly and eagerly handed me her phone with both hands as if it’s an offering.

“What is it?” Sehun asked me, quite perplexed.

“I insisted she take a picture with us,” I told Sehun happily. He titled his head a bit, probably wondering what’s going on in my mind. Still, he was quick to think it through and turned to smile at the attendant before us, “Okay.”

 

He moved closer to the counter. He exchanged small niceties with her and then he put a hand lightly around her shoulder.

 

“I’ll take a picture of both of you first, and then we’ll take a selfie,” I informed them. They both nodded.

“Thank you, Ms. Han,” the attendant said with so much gratitude.

“Youjin, please,” I insisted and then started counting. Quickly, I took two shots of them, and then I turned around the camera so we could take a selfie, all three of us. I was aware that the other attendants in the nearby counters were staring at us enviously.

“Here,” I said, giving back her phone.

 

She smiled at me widely and bowed. Sehun ushered me to quickly follow him and the rest of the team to the VIP Lounge where we would wait out our flight.

 

“That’s nice of you,” he whispered to me, and as soon as we were out of view of the general Incheon public, he lazily put an arm around my shoulder, while the other one went into the pocket of his jeans as he scanned the stores on our way. I gave him a look as if he’s being annoying. Sehun just gave me a grin combined with a small shrug in response.

 

We didn’t wait long in the lounge as expected. Slightly separate from our individual teams and the Magazine staff, Sehun and I stuck together mostly, save for the time I noticed some rich, teenager girls debating near us whether to approach our table. So, I excused myself from Sehun in the guise of going to the bathroom. As soon as I left, the girls stood up and excitedly approached him.

 

In the meantime, I lingered at the magazine section, just checking out the covers. Boyoung kept her eyes on me from where she was sitting but she let me on my own. I thought that’s what I like about her compared to my past managers. She doesn’t invade my privacy more than what is necessary. She knows I can handle myself. She also lets me chat with strangers, which is probably why she didn’t act when one approached me. I’m not sure Junho would have let it if he was allowed to come with us on our trip.

 

“Excuse me,” the guy said. I quickly assessed him to be almost of the same age. He was wearing an indigo polo and black pants, as if he’s a young entrepreneur. By his demeanor, I could tell he’s not middle class. “You’re Han Youjin, right?”

“Yes,” I responded. There was no point lying about my identity.

“I’m Ban Jinyoung,” he smiled as if he was relieved he didn’t misidentified me for someone else. Then, he raised a hand to shake mine. I took it. “I didn’t expect to see you here. I’m a fan.”

“I didn’t expect anyone to recognize me,” I declared, smiling back. He laughed as if my remark was nothing sort of silly.

“I attended your first concert with my mom,” he shared. “She likes to sing so we’ve followed you since your contest days.”

“Really?” I responded rather incredulously, and tried to search for anyone behind him. “Is your mom here?”

“Unfortunately no,” Jinyoung said.. “I’m on a business trip on my own. But I’m sure she’d be glad if I can show her I met you.”

“So you want to take a picture?” I asked nicely.

“That and a video message, if it’s alright. For my mom,” he said.

“Of course,” I smiled.

 

We posed for a picture and afterwards I gave a short message for his mother. I thanked her for supporting me and to come with Jinyoung at my concert this year. When the video was accomplished, I also signed Jinyoung’s phone cover.

 

“Thank you, you’re really kind, I didn’t expect that from any celebrity,” Jinyoung stated so directly that I had to chuckle. He isn’t entirely wrong. There are so many pretentious people in the industry. I’m just lucky I met Sehun, who still has his head attached to his body even with all that fame.

“I’m just glad to have met a fan,” I uttered back, with a grin on my face. “I—“

“Jin?”

 

Both of us looked to see who called. It was Sehun, of course.

 

“Oops,” I apologetically told Jinyoung. “I think I need to go.”

“Sure, it was nice meeting you,” Jinyoung said. With one glance at Sehun, he said, “You two look good. Hope it works well with him.”

Without seeing it, I knew I reddened on the face. “Thanks.”

 

“Who’s that?” Sehun asked in curiosity as he watched Jinyoung walk away.

“A fan, so he said,” I informed Sehun simply. “Are we boarding now?”

“Yeah,” Sehun answered me, then looked at me accusingly, “So did you leave me so you can have a small meet and greet?”

“Please,” I said, with a small laugh at his suggestion. “I left you so the girls can have a go at you. Did they talk to you?” I asked eventhough I already knew.

“Yeah,” Sehun replied shortly again. “You shouldn’t have to do that.”

“Why?” I asked genuinely. “You love your fans, and I love your fans, too.”

“Well then you should love me too,” Sehun said in a matter-of-factly way. I raised an eyebrow at him, almost sure that he didn’t mean it the way I would have wished too. “You know I’m not good at small talks, I really need you beside me so no one else can approach.”

“I didn’t know I’m supposed to be the intimidating girlfriend,” I joked.

“I’m just saying you should take more responsibilities for your best friend,” he whined.

“Stop being a child, Sehun,” I chuckled, and playfully messed his hair. I know he doesn’t like people touching his hair, especially when it’s waxed, but I guess I’m the exception.

 

Sehun and I sat next to each other on the plane, and just watched movies since we were both not sleepy. Sometime in the middle of the flight however, he kept on checking messages on his phone so I took a peek. He didn’t move it farther away from me.

 

“Dahyun’s texting you?” I asked in surprise.

“Yeah,” he casually answered. He just opened the message and didn’t even bother to read it. “I don’t even know how she got my number.”

 

Sehun kept on opening messages and not reading them. I briefly gave him a weird look, wondering why he just won’t delete them if he’s not interested. I saw many female celebrity names, to my astonishment. Some are even way older than us but they obviously were hitting on Sehun.

 

“Wow,” I let out in amazement, and then looked at him reprovingly. “Why do I not know you have so many admirers?”

Sehun shrugged. “I’m sure you also have random texters that you don’t tell me about.”

“Yeah because they’re not important,” I immediately defended.

“Exactly,” Sehun said and smirked.

“Stop putting that annoying expression on your face,” I frowned, but Sehun only smirked more prominently. I pushed his face away with no real force in it. He laughed.

“Even Sohee’s messaging you?” I said in disbelief as I turned my eyes back to his phone. “I really love her, you know? She looks like a living doll.”

“Nah,” Sehun dismissed nonchalantly, while scanning the rest of his phone messages. “You’re prettier.”

“Really?” I asked him expectantly.

“No,” Sehun answered in a blink of an eye.

I stopped leaning on him and tutted. He didn’t have to be so harsh about it. Why did he have to say no so quickly even if it’s true?

Sehun put his phone down and stared at me with a bewildered but quite amused expression on his face.

“What?” I asked with a failed attempt to hide my annoyance.

“You’re obviously annoyed at me,” he pointed out, slightly teasing.

“And so?” I asked bitterly.

“Nothing,” he shrugged. “I just find it funny that you’re so ready to believe what I said. You’re very pretty to me, I don’t know why you don’t know that.”

 

Then Sehun went back to his phone as if he didn’t say anything that made me just fall in love with him all over again.

 

“You should stop saying things like that to me, Sehun,” I told him softly.

“I thought that’s what you wanted to hear,” Sehun replied, looking even more perplexed now. No, Sehun, I thought. I don’t want to have a one-sided love for you for a very long time.

“I’m just saying,” I said then wore my headphones so I can continue watching the movie on the screen. But even before I could click the play button, Sehun removed my headphones which messed my hair. He didn’t wait for me to negatively react before he tried to fix it for me.

“Wait, there’s something I need to ask before I forget,” he said in a rush.

“What?”

“Why haven’t you accepted the movie with me yet?” he let out demandingly. “It’s been two weeks. I thought you wanted to work with me on a film?”

“I do,” I slowly said, peering at his expression. “I’m just taking my time reading the script.”

“What?” his lips twitched up a bit. “Don’t you trust my project choices?”

“Well, I’m sure you’re so great,” I said then quickly rolled my eyes to let him know I’m just playfully boosting his ego. Sehun faked his grimace at me. “But yeah, I’m almost finished with the script anyway…”

“So you’ll accept?” Sehun asked but he is clearly urging me to with his eyes.

“Aren’t you doing a film with Director Bong?” I asked. This is the part I’m really curious about.

“I’m still doing it, I’ve worked out the schedules,” he simply waived it off. I felt disappointment wash through me which seconds after, made me feel very ashamed of myself. Why would I even wish Sehun to drop the film? It’s irrational and selfish, and I guess I’m just really losing my head. “So are we doing our film??”

“If you don’t eat any of my flight food, I’ll accept,” I jokingly negotiated.

“That’s easy. Make sure your phone has enough bat to make an overseas call after we land,” he grinned in a very childish way, and then he put back the headphones on my head.

 

Truth to be told, I’m rather impressed with his film choice. It isn’t action like the other one, but slice of life with some heavy melodrama scenes.

 

The story isn’t linear, we’ll start the film as adults, but the main chunk of the story is set in high school. Sehun and I would play as high school students in the same class, and we’re both smart but our situations are different, so at the beginning we aren’t exactly friends. We just train together for math competitions. Sehun’s character is the school body president who always tries to be perfect and be very helpful to other people, mostly because he has to maintain a reputa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter