Vol. 15

Love Exposé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I woke up, Sehun was staring at me. I was so surprised, I immediately sat up and covered my face with the blanket.

 

“What?” I croaked out amidst the startled beating of my heart.

 

Sehun just gave me an eye smile as if he had such a good sleep. I noticed he had a towel in his hand, and his hair lied flat on his nape. He wore a simple white shirt and black jogger pants. It was clear to me he had just finished showering. “Nothing. Good morning.”

“Why are you being such a creep…” I accused him in a small, embarrassed voice, then added, “What time is it?” while fumbling around the couch for my phone.

“Just a little past 6,” he responded, handing the phone to me because it was sitting nearer him.

“Okay,” I said, relief spreading through me that I didn’t oversleep. I have to go to the studio today for a brainstorming session regarding my music video. Meanwhile, I know Sehun’s mall show starts at around lunch time, after which he has to immediately go to the filming location and shoot more of his scenes.

 

“Are you feeling better now?” I asked him, while scanning my phone for any important messages. Somehow, I couldn’t look at him. I still feel quite abashed from last night. I don’t even know how to define our present relationship.

 

“Yeah,” he briefly responded again, before adding, “Why did you sleep here? I have so many guest rooms if you weren’t comfortable staying in mine…”

“I didn’t want to invade,” I replied timidly. The truth of it was, last night after he fell asleep, I sat on his huge sofa set while wondering if I should just leave. It was only when I got tired of overthinking things that I finally rested. “I hope you don’t mind I grabbed a blanket, and a pair of your pajamas…”

“Of course not,” he said, visibly scanning the pair of yellow striped pajamas I took. They were completely oversized on me. “Your hair’s a nest…”

 

I knew, without seeing it, that I turned beet red at his remark. As though by self-defense, I took a cushion and threw it at him. Sehun let out a hearty laugh.

 

“Did you really have to say that?” I said, turning my back on him, and quickly attempted to comb my hair with my fingers.

“I’m just joking, Jin—"

“Anyway! – I need to use the washroom…”

“There’s a general wash area just around that corner, or you could use one in the guest rooms.”

“It’s fine down here,” I said, finally standing up. “I’ll just go get some clothes in my car.”

“Sure,” he said. The corner of his lips twitched up at that. I immediately knew what went on his mind –my arguments last night. He knew I lied about not having any clothes at all. Of course I do, artists always bring extra outwears for surprise schedules. I pretended I didn’t notice his reaction, but I can’t seem to get over the fact that I’ve felt so much embarrassment in a single morning.

“I’m going to buy breakfast. I still haven’t stored food here yet so…” Sehun continued, taking out his own phone.

“You don’t have to worry about that,” I said. “I don’t usually eat breakfast anyway…”

“I want to,” he said. He gave me a disapproving look after I finished speaking. “And I’m hungry. Go take a bath Jin.”

 

And so I did. The general bathroom he was talking about felt more like a Jacuzzi room. If I press the correct button in the remote, the curtains would move to reveal his huge swimming pool in the backyard. Still, it was too open for my liking, and I felt entirely , so I immediately had the curtains slide back to their original place. I already knew that it was an incredible house that Sehun bought, but now that I’m actually in here and experiencing the space, I couldn’t help but wonder just how much he spent to buy it. It must have cost him millions. He could afford it of course, after all the stints he took to get to this status. I just can’t believe I had the audacity to invite him to my small apartment, when he practically lives in a mansion…

 

I made sure I completely finished drying my hair before coming out. When I got back to his dining area, it was to find out that Sehun already fixed our breakfast on the glass table.

 

“I ordered rice, don’t complain,” he immediately said, completely erasing any room for debates. “You really need to eat.”

 

Sehun didn’t sit at the capital just like he did last night, but instead he set his plate where we could sit next to each other. I acted like I didn’t mind, but that made me feel something inside. Something fuzzy and warm.

 

“C’mon,” he invited. 

“Is your manager going to come by?” I asked him curiously.

“Maybe later,” he said. “I asked him to live with me, so it’ll be easier.”

“That’s a good idea,” I genuinely commended. I couldn’t ask Boyoung the same thing, because she has a kid to take care of. “Besides, this is such a huge house. You could feel lonely. Your mom doesn’t want to move?”

“No,” Sehun said rather disapprovingly. I know he bought this house with his mom and Jihoon as primary considerations. “Not yet at least. She keeps on insisting I should stop relying on her and live on my own. Not that I can’t be independent with them around.”

“I’m sure your mom just wants you to enjoy your life…”

“Yeah well...” Sehun said. “I’m okay with this set-up, at least for now.”

“Why…because of Da Yeon?”

“Jin, I really don’t want to talk about her right now, please.”

“Right… sorry,” I immediately backed off. 

“Instead,” Sehun said, pushing away his food. He inclined his chair to the right so he could comfortably face me. “Can we talk about us now?”

“What?” I asked, my heart immediately going into a frenzy.

“Well, it isn’t exactly clear…” he began carefully, scanning my face. I suddenly felt conscious. I hoped I wasn’t blushing as much as I thought. “So… what I mean is…will you be my girlfriend now?”

I almost choked on my food. Immediately, I grabbed the glass of water in front of me and emptied it. Sehun just watched without so much of a change in his expression.

 

I fixed my eyes on him then. Even without anything on his face, he is gorgeous…No wonder everyone loves him, and here he’s just looking at me, expectantly.

 

“Like…”I thought out in a small voice. “A real girlfriend?”

“Yeah,” he stated. “No more pretenses.”

 

I didn’t answer immediately. I couldn’t believe he just really asked me that question. After so many years of being just his best friend…

 

“You’re making me feel nervous, Jin,” he suddenly stated, breaking my trail of thoughts.

“Sorry! it’s just…I feel like I’m hearing things,” I stammered. 

 

Sehun let out a soft sigh and grabbed my left hand with both of his. “Does this feel real enough?”

I ignored the way my heart hammered in my chest at that simple touch. Instead, I anxiously asked, “Are you sure you want me?”

“I’ve never been surer in my life,” he replied. True enough, there was no doubt in his tone.

“Okay…” I softly answered.

“Okay you’ll be my girlfriend?” he repeated, his eyes imploring.

“I guess…” I nodded slowly, shyly. “Yeah.”

 

Sehun suddenly stood up, pulling me along with him. Before I knew it, he was embracing me.

 

“Thank you, thank you,” he whispered in my ear repeatedly. “I won’t make you regret this ever.”

“You better not,” I let out, and Sehun laughed. He tightened his arms around me.

 

I laughed along with him, and embraced him around the waist, because I, too, was happy. It really felt like Christmas came to me. I can’t believe he loves me the way I love him, and for a far longer time. I must have saved a country in my past life.

 

“Sehun…” My voice came out muffled by his shirt.

“Hmm?”

“You realize you’re my first boyfriend, right?”

“Of course,” Sehun said, then he looked at me confidently. “And there won’t be any other, Jin.”

 

 

…………………………………………………………………

 

I couldn’t concentrate at all at my meeting because of all the giddiness swarming my insides. I kept thinking of how Sehun had held my hand until before I got in my car to leave his place. Still, I didn’t dare text him while he’s working because I didn’t want to appear so eager. I kept myself on a leash, even when I’m already lying down in my room at the end of the day. I stared at my phone and stared some more, and I wondered for what felt like hours if I should at least bid him goodni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter