Vol. 13

Love Exposé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Short chapter. :) 

 

The next day, Sehun was back to his usual calm and friendly self. He was extra-talkative with the director and the staff, and he had more ideas in his head about the scenes. I kept observing him, wondering if he could remember anything at all about last night. He must have, I thought, even just a little. Still, I didn’t bring it up. I have no wish to continue our little chat.

 

During breaktime, Jongin called me on the phone while Sehun and I were reviewing our scripts. I didn’t stand up anymore, since it was just Sehun and Boyoung nearby.

 

“Hello,” I said.

“Hi,” somehow all our conversations start like this. “My pictorial got postponed. When do you get off tonight?”

“I’m not sure,” I thought out loud. “I have three more scenes left. I’m probably good around 8 PM at the latest. Why?” I noticed Sehun slightly moved his head to look at me.

“There’s a new wine section at the bar where you got drunk before—“

“Thanks for reminding me about that,” I quickly interjected. Jongin laughed.

“Yeah well they’re inviting me to taste them, do you wanna come along?”

“If you’re willing to wait for me,” I suggested.

“Of course,” he said. “Do you want me to pick you up?”

“No, it’s fine, I’ll drive myself,” I said. “You just have to make sure I’ll stay awake this time.”

“Great,” he said, I can imagine him smiling at the other end. “Then I’ll see you.”

“See you,” I said back before we ended the call.

 

I was in the act of slipping my phone in my pocket when Sehun inquired.

 

“Kai?”

“Yeah,” I confirmed.

“Have plans tonight?” he asked me.

“Sort of,” I replied casually. I couldn’t understand why there’s a feeling of guilt seeping in my veins. I really prefer it when Sehun just doesn’t say anything or act curious about my relationship with Jongin. So, I purposely looked around us and uttered just to change the topic, “Looks like it’s gonna rain isn’t it?”

Sehun looked up at the sky too. “Yeah.”

 

“Sehun-ssi?” somebody called. We both turned our heads at the direction of the voice. It was one of the staff named Yoon Arin.

“Yes?” he responded politely.

“You have a visitor waiting for you near the buffet tent.”

“Who?”

“It was the director who told me about it and just asked me to call you, so I don’t really know, but it’s a middle-aged man,” she said. At that bare description, Sehun seemed to understand. He didn’t stand up immediately though, as if he didn’t want to go. I looked anxiously at him. He noticed my expression but just gave me a small smile in return. Then, after what seemed like a whole minute of thinking about it, he finally stood up.

“Be right back,” he told me.

 

I was going to obediently wait for him so we can practice our lines together, but when ten minutes passed and he still haven’t returned, the uneasy feeling in me grew stronger and stronger. I started pacing around to calm myself down, knowing that I’m probably just overreacting, but Sehun’s sad and tired face kept flashing in my head like a broken record. That’s when I finally decided to look for him. I knew he might hate for me for it, even think that I’m prying too much, but I just couldn’t care enough about that at the moment.

 

Quickly, I handed Boyoung my script and without telling her anything, went to the direction of the buffet tent. When I arrived, I couldn’t see Sehun at all. So, with a feeling of apprehension and nervousness, I started to look around. It didn’t take that long when I heard voices. I made my way quietly near a white van and immediately knew both Sehun and the man he’s speaking with were just behind it.

 

“She’s your sister, and this is really going be the last time, alright?” the man spoke. He seemed to have said that as a request but his voice was too arrogant and rough for that.

“I know you’re not gonna use the money on her…I gave you more than enough last time. I also clearly told you not to visit me when I’m working,” Sehun said. There was a clear edge in his voice. “Besides, Jihoon’s my only sibling. No one else.”

“Is it because you’re already so famous that you’re being such an impudent son?” The man started shouting. “I didn’t raise you to be so ungrateful! What has your mom been doing all this time? I’m not even asking for your bank account. I’m just asking a little amount from you and you can’t even give me that?? Do you think I wanted to divorce your mom and leave you alone with such a good-for-nothing—“

“Don’t you dare say that about mom—“

“And now you’re even answering back?” The man laughed in anger. “If that’s what Jihoon’s gonna learn from both of you, I’m just gonna have to take hi—“

 

Without thinking so much about it, I put some distance between me and the van. Then I summoned all my courage, counted 1, 2, 3 in my head and yelled, “Sehun!” while pretending to run towards them.

 

When I rounded the corner, I knew by the look on their faces that I caught them by surprise. I quickly scanned Sehun’s face. His eyes were a bit dilated at my appearance, but his jaw was clenched and I could easily decipher the anger beneath it. His fists were balled up too, like he was trying his best to control himself. I immediately stood right next to him.

 

“The director’s looking for you, he’s really in a rush!’ I told him in pretend innocence. Then as if I just noticed the man, I turned to him and bowed, “Annyeonghaseyo.”

“Han Youjin is it?” Sehun’s father was quick to recover. I didn’t like how I could see the facial resemblance between Sehun and him. Is this why Sehun hated himself so much when his father cheated on his mom? Is this the reason he’s so afraid he would turn out to be like him?

“Yes,” I confirmed.

“You should have properly introduced me to your cute girlfriend, son,” he said.

 

Sehun didn’t speak. He seemed incapable to. I laced his hand with mine and held on to it tightly. I wanted to tell him that he need not do anything. I got this. I got him.

 

“Yes…we have to go back now ehrm…sir,” I lied.

“Is that so?” he said. “Well, it won’t take long, I just have to tell my son one more thing—“

“I’m sorry sir, Sehun really has to go now,” I stated more firmly this time. Then I bravely added, “…and he doesn’t seem like he wants to talk to you any longer.”

 

Almost immediately as if I expected it, shock flashed on Sehun’s father’s face. It did not take one more second before it turned into something sourer. I braced myself to receive an earful for being rude to an adult and a practical stranger, but Sehun started pulling me away. I stumbled on my feet, but I still managed to give a bow to his father before he’s completely out of our sight.

 

Sehun didn’t stop pulling me until we were near his trailer. His grip on my hand was rather tight and painful, but I acted like I didn’t mind. He was clearly angry. He has a right to be. His father was so brazen. I know how touchy Sehun can be when someone talks about his mom…

 

“You shouldn’t have done that,” he suddenly let go of my hand and turned around to face me. His furious gaze was so strong that anyone else would have coiled. I almost did, but I stopped myself. Instead I tried my best to look unaffected, and just stood my ground. After all, I know his anger isn’t directed at me. Not at all.

“And what?” I asked, somehow heatedly. “Let him step on you like that? He can’t just go and disrespect you at your workplace like you’re the one at fault—“

“Still!” he almost yelled, and that made me stop talking. He hung his head low, his eyes shut close. I could feel all the frustration inside him, and that hurt me too. Sehun doesn’t deserve any of this. He’s a kind person. How can his dad treat him like he’s the bad one in this scenario?

“You shouldn’t have done that,” Sehun repeated in a voice that sounded like he was trying his best to make sense of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter