08.

Pure Bliss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2:34pm

Jaehyun’s house is a battle field right now, his mother is running around giving orders to the maids while trying to fix her hair and his father is trying to set up a table on the garden and failing, everything was a complete chaos.

Since yesterday everyone is helping Mrs. Jung arrange the house for tonight’s dinner, every family from that long-lasting friendship was invited to have dinner at the Jungs.

‘Jaehyun, sweetie, could you please help your poor father instead of giving me that look?’ Mrs. Jung stopped for some brief seconds to ask for Jaehyun’s help, he was leaning on a chair that was placed on the garden.

‘I will, but first tell me why are you doing something this fancy? I mean, it’s just my aunties and uncles, who happen to be your friends and their children, who happen to be my friends, I’m sure they will be fine with us just having a barbeque or maybe even coffee, we’ve never done something like this, it feels unlike us and I don’t want them to feel uncomfortable or different towards us’ Jaehyun questioned his mom.

‘I know that, but today it’s different, it’s the first time in years that we are having a gathering at home, we just came back and I want to let them know that we missed them and that we are thankful to be back for good’ Mrs. Jung honestly replied while folding some napkins.

‘Still, I think this is all too much, we promised each other as a family that when we came back, we won’t do a lot of fuss about our private life and so far, we’ve been on the newspaper almost every day, even before we landed in Korea’ Jaehyun was a bit weary.

‘I don’t want grandpa to start sending guards everywhere we go just because of all of the attention we are drawing, and most important I don’t want to risk anyone and end up having to go back to New York’ Jaehyun whispered to her mother.

‘Jaehyun, sweetheart, everything is going to be okay, it’s been 5 years, because of you and your grandpa we are safe and even stronger than before, don’t worry, just enjoy today’ Mrs. Jung was caressing Jaehyun’s face lovingly.

‘Now, stop pouting and go get ready, I heard that a certain someone called JangMi ended her hospital shift early and it’s coming over to have dinner too’ Mrs. Jung was now smirking playfully at Jaehyun.

‘Really!? I should help dad then, JangMi would probably want to sit outside and watch the night sky’ Jaehyun hurriedly walked towards the garden where his father was still trying to set up the table.

‘My god, just at the mention of JangMi his mood changes like this? It’s unbelievable.’ Mrs. Jung slightly smiled.

Music was blasting from JangMi’s speakers while she was trying on clothes, today she was in such a good mood, after so many years she was going to have dinner with all those people she considered as family even when they are not blood related.

Summer was still giving her headaches because of the horrid weather so she decided to wear a denim short, a navy-blue t-shirt with white sneakers. At the living room her brother was waiting for her, earlier her parents went ahead to lend a hand, so SeungMin waited for her sister and together they walked to the next block where the Jung’s house is.

When the Choi siblings stepped into the house, greetings started coming from everywhere, Yuta’s parents were having a glass of wine with Jennie’s mom in the kitchen, Yunho was with Suho in the living room talking about cars, the whole house was filled with laughs and talks from everywhere, it was just so heart warming that JangMi almost started crying right there.

‘Yo Mark! Where did you get those sneakers from, I’ve been looking for them for weeks!’ SeungMin yelled while he walked towards his friends, leaving JangMi in the middle of the backyard.

‘JangMi! Guess what auntie made for dinner specially for you?’ Mrs. Jung talked while taking JangMi’s hand into hers.

JangMi hesitated for a second and then she excitedly answered.

‘Your special spaghetti!?’ JangMi chirped.

‘Yes, and I even made some for you to take home too’ Mrs. Jung smiled

‘Thanks auntie! I’ve missed your spaghetti so much all this time you were away’ JangMi hugged Mrs. Jung tightly.

‘No problem, now go upstairs, I’m sure they are waiting for you in the balcony’ Mrs. Jung replied while grabbing a bottle of wine and started walking towards the living room.

Indeed, JangMi was the only one missing, everyone else was already there, as soon as JangMi stepped into the balcony at the second floor of Jaehyun’s house Doyoung handed her a glass of wine.

‘Look who is here! Korea’s prettiest doctor’ Doyoung hi fived JangMi

‘I would’ve much appreciated if you said smartest and prettiest doctor oppa, also, I’m not a doctor yet’ JangMi smiled

‘You can start calling yourself a doctor now, you are months away from your graduation’ Doyoung replied

JangMi smiled and took a sip from her glass of wine.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter