05.

Pure Bliss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8:13 am

It was a bright sunny Sunday morning and JangMi was already preparing breakfast, cooking was a hidden talent of her, she loved cooking for her family and friends, and today she took advantage of her insomnia and decided to cook, hopefully that would keep her mind busy and away of these weird feelings lingering her.

Last night’s party left her restless, she couldn’t close her eyes without feeling her heart race. She just wanted to stop thinking of him but after Jaehyun’s sudden hug every memory is a blur one.

She just remembers coming home, but those hours in between the hug and her arrival home vanished from her brain.

While she was making some smoothies for Seung Min and her, JangMi heard footsteps coming from the stairs.

‘Good morning sunshine, why are you up this early?’ JangMi’s mom kissed her cheek

‘Oh, I couldn’t sleep, so I decided to cook breakfast for all of us’ JangMi answered lazily

‘Hmm, the lack of sleep has something to do with last night’s events?’ JangMi’s mom asked

JangMi hesitated for a second, but she knew that her mom was the best person to ask for advice, that’s what she always do.

‘Yes, it does, I never imagined that Jaehyun coming back could affect me this much, I always thought that if he ever came back, we would be usual friends, just like in middle school’ JangMi chewed on her bottom lip.

‘You know it’s impossible to try and think that everything that happened between you would vanish into thin air, even if you never developed feelings for each other, his 5 years departure already makes things awkward enough’ her mom was now chopping some vegetables.

‘But I feel like I am the only one feeling like that, everyone acts like he never leaved, and that bothers me the most’ JangMi answered.

JangMi’s feeling were a mess, although Jaehyun coming back felt like a dream to her, she couldn’t help but feel lost, how was she supposed to treat him, how are they going to continue with their “friendship”? With memories of the past only? Or now the plan was to forget it all?

And even more important, how come her friends act like he was gone for a vacation week?

Breakfast went smoothly, no one asked anything uncomfortable, and they actually kept the party topic off limits to try and make JangMi feel distracted.

And it worked, she forgot everything during breakfast, and now she felt lighter so much more relieved that she even decided to take a walk along her neighborhood to try and clear her mind.

On her way back home, some trucks passed by her, and they parked just in front of Jaehyun’s former house.

‘Oh no, please tell me this is someone else’ JangMi prayed, adrenaline was rushing through her veins.

‘My goodness! JangMi sweetie is that you!?’ She heard a woman’s voice from the back, a voice she knew perfectly.

‘Crap, its them’ JangMi winced and turned around slowly, just to find Jaehyun’s mom coming out of her car and almost sprinting towards her.

‘Yes, you are! Sweetie come here and hug auntie HyeJin!’ and just like a dejavu she was pushed towards the older female and now her arms were around JangMi’s shoulders. Jaehyun probably learned it from her mother, JangMi thought.

‘I am so happy that I can finally reuniting with you! I wasn’t able to chat with you last night!’ Mrs. Jung excitement was something else, she could swear more than one neighbor was now watching them.

‘I am glad to see that you are doing great Auntie’ JangMi smiled, even when her relationship with Jaehyun was a complete mess JangMi really loved her auntie, she would always spoil and love her as if she was her own child, Mrs. Jung always wanted to have a daughter, but after Jaehyun was born she decided to quit the idea and focused completely to Jaehyun.

‘There’s so much I need to catch up with you and your parents, is surprising how much things change in 5 years, good thing we are settling in our old house and now we are back to being neighbors!’ Mrs. Jung excitedly clapped.

‘That’s great auntie, I hope to see you before I go back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter