06.

Pure Bliss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7:05am

‘Finally, summer is over’ JangMi exhaled while walking towards the hospital.

JangMi never thought she would hear herself say those words, for a second she was about to slap some sense into her, but then she remembered why in the first place she wanted to be back to school so desperately.

The whole kitchen incident opened her eyes to realize that she had to let things flow with Jaehyun, if things turn out with them as friends, she would gladly accept that, no more than a friendship, and if they were meant to drift away, then there’s not much she could do anyways.

‘Morning JangMi! Are you ready for our last year?! It’s going to be amazing!’ Yeri, her classmate, was jumping around and grabbing her arm.

‘Hi there, Yeri! Yes, I am quite expecting of our last year!’ JangMi widely smiled to her friend.

Before they could go on with their conversation Dr. Hwang loud voice interrupted them.

‘Good morning soon to be doctors!’ He smiled fondly towards everyone in the hall, starting his new academic year speech.

JangMi heard attentively to everything he had to say, the encouragement words, the rules, the grading system and other doctor’s questions.

‘Okay, everyone, this is the beginning of the end and I want all of you to start the best way possible, on the wall you will find which department you are assigned for this week, good luck everyone!’ Dr. Hwang ended the reunion with a round of applause.

JangMi and Yeri walked towards the wall to watch her schedule, JangMi was assigned to cardiology this week.

‘I am on neurology this week! And you?’ Yeri turned around to face JangMi

‘How cool! I have cardiology! I already love this week’ JangMi clapped

‘Well then, I see you at lunch if we’re both available, fighting JangMi!’ Yeri was already walking towards the elevator.

‘Have fun Yeri-ah!’ JangMi waved her hand, ready to face her last year.

The first few hours went by smoothly; she already knew the doctors from her last year hospital experience and they asked her to watch over some patients.

JangMi was waiting for further instructions from the doctors when a nurse called for her, apparently someone was looking for her.

When she arrived to the VIP patients front desk, she saw Edward waiting for her with a bouquet of flowers.

JangMi mentally rolled her eyes, why is he in here?

‘Hello there gorgeous’ Edward smiled and came forward to hug JangMi

‘Hi Ed, how are you?’ JangMi tried to dodge the hug but it was too late, now he had his hand around her waist.

‘Better now that I am finally in front of you’ He answered

‘You are so funny Ed, but how come you are here?’ JangMi was getting impatient, she should be working, not in here.

‘Oh, I came with my father, he has an appointment with his doctor, and I guess you could say I was lucky because Lucas told me is your first day in here, so I figured I should bring you a present’ Edward was handing her the flowers.

Lucas is so dead, JangMi thought to herself while taking the flowers from Edward’s hands. She really thought he was over with all of the crush thing with her, but apparently, she was wrong.

‘Well then, I think I am already leaving, I need to check on some stuff before 5 and I haven’t started’ JangMi was ready to leave.

‘Wait, don’t you think you can join us to lunch, I know the sushi place that is your favorite’ Edward interrupted her.

‘I’m afraid I can’t, today it’s my first day and I don’t want my doctors and classmates to think that I am lazy, spoiled or anything like that’ JangMi was explaining when Edward’s dad appeared.

He was a scary person, despite his age he was really big, he had tattoos all over his body and he was always injured, just like right now, that he was hiding a bandage on his hand, it seemed like a cut, a really deep one to be precise.

‘Oh Miss Choi! What a lovely surprise!’ Mr. Kim greeted her with his low voice.

‘Good afternoon Mr. Kim’ JangMi bowed

‘I heard that you are joining us for lunch?’ He answered, despite being so scary he was friendly towards JangMi, and that creeped her out ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter