14.

Pure Bliss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7:37 am

Jaehyun was way too immersed on his tie to even notice that his mom walked into the room, his head was filled with what he heard at his grandpa’s house, as much as he has tried getting information from his hyungs no one has talked to him, probably because it was a direct order from his grandpa, but still he wasn’t going to sit around and wait for something else to happen. His thoughts were stopped by his mom’s voice.

‘Jaehyun honey, did you heard what I just said?’ Mrs. Jung said after asking him about breakfast and not getting an answer from him.

‘Sorry, I was thinking about something else’ Jaehyun half-smiled.

‘I just asked if you wanted to have coffee or juice with your breakfast’ Mrs. Jung calmly repeated herself.

‘Coffee, please mom’ Jaehyun’s smile grew wider as he answered to his mom.

A few minutes after, Jaehyun was already sitting at the dining room table with both his parents.

Suddenly Mrs. Jung cleared to gain the attention of both Mr. Jung and Jaehyun, something she does every time she wants to talk about a something important

‘What happened dear?’ Mr. Jung was the one to ask first.

‘Well, I talked to JiHyo yesterday to ask how she was doing and she sounded so heartbroken’ Mrs. Jung started talking, her voice showing pity and just with that Jaehyun already know where this conversation was heading to.

‘How come, is it that difficult for her to be in Korea?’ Mr. Jung genuinely asked, after all, he promised to keep an eye on the girl.

‘No, not at all! She was heartbroken because she went out on a double date with Jaehyun and he let her go home with a total stranger!’ Mrs. Jung was immersed in the story and so was his dad.

‘Son, you did that to JiHyo? That’s not like you at all!’ Mr. Jung was surprised that Jaehyun did something like that, they’ve always taught him that he had to be respectful and mindful of others, especially with girls and taking to account that JiHyo was a friend it was even more important.

‘Mom I don’t think she told you the whole story, yes I did ask her to leave with another person because the double date was actually with JangMi and another guy’ Jaehyun started to defend himself.

‘JangMi was uncomfortable and I did what I had to do to get her out of there, plus, JiHyo was friendly towards that guy the whole dinner’ Jaehyun ended.

‘I had no idea that it was our JangMi’ Mrs. Jung was surprised; it was no surprise that she had a special spot in her heart for the Choi’s family older daughter.

‘It was great that you helped JangMi, but even when JiHyo was friendly to that guy you still had to look after her, she’s your friend after all’ Mr. Jung answered.

‘You are right dad, I had to make sure she arrived safely to her dorm, that was a mistake and I’ll apologize to her, but now that you mentioned, she is just my friend, nothing else’ Jaehyun replied, taking advantage of the timing to get some points clear.

‘What does that last part is supposed to mean Jaehyun?’ Mrs. Jung confusedly asked.

‘Mom, I know you’ve been trying to set me up with JiHyo ever since we met her and her family back in New York, but whatever you and her family think is going to happen between us, is not happening, I don’t think of her as something more than my friend’ Jaehyun seriously said, trying to sound as calm and as respectful as he could, he needed to come clean with this matter, especially with her mom, but he wasn’t going to be rude.

‘But you need to settle down honey, and she is the only girl who has admitted her feelings for you, she even applied to study here in Korea to be close to you, plus we are friends with her family’ Mrs. Jung tried to explain, she would never make Jaehyun get into any kind of arranged marriage, but she was worried that Jaehyun wasn’t interested nor in girls or even boys and she knew deep in her heart that JiHyo wasn’t the answer to that problem, but there were not many options.

‘Mom, I think we all know who I love, my heart has remained the same all this time’ Jaehyun answered confidently, his relationship with his parents was strong enough for Jaehyun to talk about his feelings without feeling embarrassed.

‘It has always been JangMi, isn’t it?’ Mr. Jung smiled; it was obvious that his son was head over heels for JangMi since they were both kids.

‘Yes, and I don’t think it will change, things are complicated with her right now, but she’s the one for me’ He said while taking a sip of the coffee in front of him as an attempt to not sound so serious now.

‘So please mom, stop trying to set me up with anyone, I am trying so hard to get her back and I don’t want any misunderstandings’ Jaehyun grabbed her mom’s hand and Mrs. Jung smiled widely.

‘Okay sunshine, I won’t cheer for anyone but JangMi’ his mother placed her other hand on top of his son’s, trying to hide her excitement because deep down she always knew she was going to be in-laws with her best friend, JangMi’s mom.

‘Actually, I’ve always cheered for you two, isn’t it darling?’ Mr. Jung playfully asked Mrs. Jung.

Jaehyun couldn’t help but smile at his parents, at this moment he knew that even when things were not perfect, he could trust a lot of people.

‘Just 10 more seconds’ JangMi repeated to herself, she was about to give up but she needed to go through this. Sweat running down her face, her limbs were slightly shaking and her breathing was really fast. Her whole body was about to shut down at any moment until JooHyun finally raised her voice.

‘Done, let’s move on to the next exercise’ JooHyun said while changing her current plank position.

‘Joo, are you perhaps trying to kill us!?’ Jennie was panting so hard and so was JangMi.

‘Dude seriously you shouldn’t be a ballerina, you should enroll in the army with these routines!’ JangMi continued to whine just as Jennie did.

‘You guys are so weak! Let’s get you some water before you pass out in the middle of the gym’ JooHyun helped both girls to stand up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter