13.

Pure Bliss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6:55 pm

Today was Saturday but for Jaehyun it was just another regular office day because apparently moving the headquarters from New York all the way to Seoul did imply a lot of extra work he didn’t even contemplate beforehand. This thought came upon the file he’s currently reading, a budget revision about the lobby’s flowers for this trimester.

’Mom was the one who used to decide over this things back at NY, I am sure someone else should be in charge of this, I don’t even know what flowers bloom right now’ he said while quickly discarding the file and sending an email to his secretary asking to please assign this difficult task to someone else.

The sunset was painting his office with pink and orange tones, making Jaehyun feel sleepy, everything was quiet and he was really tired after going through all the paperwork, and still, he wasn’t done, the sofa was looking really comfortable to take a nap right now, but he quickly discarded the thought, it was better if he ended everything sooner so he could go home earlier and at least spend some time with his parents.

Unfortunately, he was interrupted less than a minute later by the noise of his door being pushed open by a woman he knew too well.

‘Oppa! What are you doing here? It’s Saturday, you should go out and explore the city’ JiHyo excitedly said while lighting up the office and ending with the peaceful space Jaehyun created since he arrived this morning.

‘I’m sorry Jihyo but what are you doing in here?’ Jaehyun tried not to sound too harsh.

‘Auntie told me you were here, and I want to ask you if you could show me around the city, you know I haven’t been in here long and I don’t know much about Seoul’ She said while walking behind Jaehyun’s chair, her strong perfume was reaching Jaehyun’s nostrils and it was too overwhelming for his liking.

‘I’m sorry JiHyo, but I have a lot of important files I have to read before I leave’ Jaehyun’s voice sounded serious.

‘Yeah sure, because deciding colors for the curtains at the meeting rooms is something that you absolutely need to do right now’ JiHyo answered while peeking through the side to read whatever was on the computer screen.

Jaehyun rolled his eyes, he didn’t pay enough attention to that detail, more files about foolish things.

‘Come on, there’s a super pretty restaurant downtown I’ve been dying to visit’ JiHyo said while using her whole body to make Jaehyun stand up.

Jaehyun was too tired to protest, so he grabbed his sweater from the hanger and follower the girl to wherever she was taking him, maybe a little bit of a distraction was going to help him.

When he arrived at the restaurant, he wasn’t much impressed, it was pretty but not really his style, however, he got shocked as soon as JiHyo called someone ‘Unnie’ and when he turned around it was no other than JangMi with a guy.

At that moment, his whole body turned into stone, he tried to let go of the fact that JangMi’s date just called her ‘baby girl’ and he just listened to the useless chat about how they know each other.

‘Oh, how cool! Why don’t you join us and we have a double date!’ JaeHyun listened to that last sentence and turned to watch JiHyo, expecting a refusal from the girl, but just as everything she always does, she surprised him once again with the answer.

‘Absolutely! It’s an amazing idea’ JiHyo said while smiling as bright as she could. And with that single answer, Jaehyun could only turn to face JangMi.

When he locked eyes with her, he could sense the surprise and question in her eyes, but he couldn’t do anything, at least not right now.

Soon enough after some arrangements with the waitress, the table beside the garden had 4 chairs instead of the original 2.

During the whole dinner, Jaehyun barely spoke a full sentence, even when Edward tried asking about diverse topics to spark the conversation, he was way too angry to pay attention to whatever JiHyo and Edward were talking about.

And the few times he could spare a glance towards JangMi he could see how uncomfortable she was, the clearest sign being how she played with her hands, something she used to do since she was little whenever she felt nervous, especially around new people.

Finally, it was time for the dessert, JiHyo asked for a cake and he couldn’t care less, but when they asked JangMi what she was going to have Edward was quick to answer before her.

‘She’s going to have the melon sorbet please’ Edward said while handing the menu back to the waitress.

‘You are going to love it babe’ Edward said confidently.

‘Actually, JangMi doesn’t like melon at all, bring her the strawberry sorbet, please’ Jaehyun calmly answered, earning looks from everyone at the table and from the waitress who quickly changed the order.

He turned and looked at JangMi who was shocked at how he remembered such small details.

‘Wow, no wonder you both are best friends!’ JiHyo exclaimed

‘Unnie, you probably know a lot about Jaehyun oppa too, so you are going to have to help me pick up his gifts sometimes’ JiHyo said while looking at JangMi

‘Yes, sure’ JangMi answered in the softest voice she managed to squeeze out of .

‘I wasn’t aware of that detail Minnie, I still need to learn a lot from you then’ Edward added while looking uncomfortable.

After finishing the desserts and after Jaehyun and Edward had an ego fight deciding who was paying the bill, they were finally outside waiting for their cars.

‘It was lovely having dinner with you guys’ JiHyo said while trying to hold hands with Jaehyun, failing to do so beca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter