12.

Pure Bliss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8:34 pm

Mr. Park was patiently having his last cup of coffee of the day while waiting for his men to return from the place where the incident took place a few hours ago when a knock was heard from the outside of his studio.

‘Come in’ Mr. Park answered.

‘Sir, your grandson is here’ Secretary Kang announced to the man sitting on the couch.

‘Jaehyun? Don’t let him in, tell him I am asleep’ The man said while panicking a little bit.

Mr. Park is HyeJin’s father and Jaehyun’s grandpa, he is a gentle yet mysterious man who tried to give the world to his family since day one, his wife died 8 years ago, after fighting a heart disease for a long time.

‘Too late grandpa, I am in here already’ Jaehyun answered while pushing the door from the studio.

‘My dear grandson, what brings you here so late?’ Grandpa Park faked ignorance.

He may be a serious man when it comes to business, but oftentimes he is scared of Jaehyun, for his grandpa, Jaehyun had everything to be such a great leader, CEO, husband, and father, but his stubbornness was beyond his reasoning sometimes and he doesn’t want to trigger Jaehyun’s wild side.

‘Grandpa, I heard about the fight from mom a while ago, and of course I had to come and check if everything is okay’ Jaehyun answered, his voice filled with slight worry.

‘Oh, that? No need to worry, it was a small childish fight’ Mr. Park smiled assuring his grandson.

‘Well, if it isn’t something I should worry about, let me stay and hear what the hyungs have to say’ Jaehyun didn’t wait for an answer and immediately sat on the sofa across from his grandpa.

‘Jaehyun, it’s not necessary, I heard from your mom that this weekend you went to Jeju, you should be resting after you weekend trip, not in here hearing about useless reports’ His grandpa grumpily answered.

Noticing that Jaehyun didn’t answer him back Mr. Park decided to speak once again.

‘Things are not what they used to be 5 years ago you know, everything is under control now, we are back to the place we used to be and nothing is going to happen’ Mr. Park held one of Jaehyun’s hand in his.

Just before Jaehyun could answer another knock was heard. Mr. Park cleared his throat and Secretary Kang entered.

‘Master, our men are back’ Secretary Kang said.

‘Let them in please Sang Min’ Mr. Park said.

A second later at least 12 guys were in the studio, all standing in line and after another 2 seconds they all bowed politely to Jaehyun and his grandpa.

‘Well, Baek Min, tell me what happened earlier please’ Mr. Park politely asked.

‘The younger ones were doing their daily walk around the neighborhood, when they suddenly got attacked by some unknown men, no one was severely injured, but the sudden attack is what is suspicious, according to the guys they didn’t recognize anyone’ Baek Min said.

‘Well, it’s a relief that none of us got hurt a lot, please take care of everyone Baek Min-ah, I trust you, and about the attack, let’s not jump into conclusions, we should investigate first and try to be more cautious, but let’s go slowly and safely’ Mr. Park gently answered after hearing what happened.

‘Thank you, Baek Min hyung’ Jaehyun said.

‘Good job everyone, stay safe please’ Mr. Park said while showing a smile and trying to make eye contact with everyone in the room.

‘Yes we will, good night Mr. Park and Mr. Jung’ Baek Min and the rest of the guys bowed and started leaving the room.

Now that Jaehyun and his grandpa were alone in the room Mr. Park reached the big cabinet on his left and after he opened it, he took out a box and directly handed it to Jaehyun.

‘For me?’ Jaehyun asked.

‘Of course! It’s my welcome-back gift!’ The old man widely smiled.

Jaehyun opened the box and saw a silver Rolex watch, he gently took it out of the box and tried on his left wrist, the right one was occupied by an equally big and luxurious watch.

‘I like it, it’s not that big and it looks classy, thanks grandpa’ Jaehyun got up from where he was sitting and hugged his grandpa.

‘This is a special watch too, it has an extra button, it may be helpful whenever you feel like you need your hyung’s help, if you press it, they’ll be there as soon as possible’ Mr. Park explained.

‘This is just like yours then’ Jaehyun commented.

‘Exactly, and that means that soon you’ll be in charge of everything Jaehyun’ His grandpa smiled at him.

JangMi was feeling super curious about the whole scene that unfolded just before her a few minutes ago, and after all the chauffeurs safely helped the heavily hungover chaebols into their cars, she bided them goodbye.

JangMi followed Johnny across the airport, he wasn’t feeling that hungover and her mother called to tell him to just grab an Uber and to let Mr. Kim go home early.

‘Oppa please tell me what the hell Jaehyun meant with problems and all that’ JangMi was giving long strides to keep up with Johnny.

‘Minnie, for the tenth time, it’s nothing, it’s related with all the hassle that means moving a company from one country to another, chill dude’ Johnny was casually sipping on his iced americano and keeping up with the act, just as how he always does when it comes to Jaehyun and Minnie.

‘Are you perhaps on Jaehyun’s side more than you are one mine?!’ JangMi was now into the drama.

‘Come on, Choi JangMi, stop it with the tantrum, it’s nothing, I am sure Jaehyun will let you know later’ Johnny answered and sincerely hoped he would if he truly wants to come clean with her and to even think about a relationship with JangMi.

‘Okay, I am just letting you slip this once because I don’t want to end my weekend like this and because I am a peaceful person’ JangMi said while trying to get her bangs in the right position after all that running around Johnny.

‘Minnie, I need some advice from you, let’s say I like a girl and she likes me too, she just doesn’t want to admit it, because I was kind of distant with her’ Johnny tried painting the scenario to JangMi.

‘Oh Johnny, how come I didn’t know how much a heartbreaker you are’ JangMi playfully commented.

‘Of course, I’m not! Anyways, I have kept a secret from her, a big one, and for a long time, do you think she would forgive me if I tell her the truth, even if it’s an unbelievable reason and it’s been long since it happened’ Johnny was slightly presenting how JangMi will react when she finds out about the whole Jaehyun’s family mess.

‘Well, do you want me to be honest? If it would be me, I won’t forgive you, you know how much I hate lies’ JangMi analyzed the difficult ‘situation’ her friend was facing.

Johnny saw that coming, he knows that there are two things JangMi hates the most, informal people, and lies. It was no surprise that she thought like that.

‘But I feel that if the reason is way too unbelievable and you can prove it, the girl may be convinced’ JangMi tried to think positively.

That made Johnny think that Jaehyun had a lot of evidence to prove his sudden leave.

‘But no matter what you shouldn’t hurt the girl, you may be my fri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter