TM 32

TRUST ME (Let Me Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good job, everyone! Be safe on your way home!”

Mark directly made his way to the locker room to drop some of his stuff and prepare himself to go home.

Finally, after working the whole day and going back and forth from their agency’s building to Daehan’s theater hall he’ll be finally able to go home. He hates it all the time whenever the plays would be held from a different theater hall and most of all when it’s too far from their agency. He really hates traveling and commuting unless if it is going home.

Oh, scratch that, right, he can’t go home yet.

I need to see, Jinyoung.

He told himself and just rested his forehead on his locker, close his eyes, letting out a sigh as he feels like with this situation; it all has gone back to zero.

“Mark?” He shot his eyes open again as he heard his name being called and just like what he had already expected it was Jackson. “Are you done? Let’s go home?”

He added as he walks inside, his hand has automatically found its way to the older’s hair, fixing it a bit as it looks a bit messy. Mark had been so busy the whole day he couldn’t even fix his own hair nor even had the time to look at the mirror and see what he even looks like.

Mark stares at his face for a while before his lips turn upside down and just wrapped his arms around Jackson’s waist, resting his head on his shoulder.

“Tired?” Jackson asks as he started hugging him back and gently running his hand on the older’s back to help him relax some muscles. Mark just hummed as an answer, “Then let’s go home so you can rest,”

“I need to check on Jinyoung first,”

He said and got a bit disappointed with himself when Jackson sighed and just nodded his head, realizing that he’s unconsciously doing the same thing he had done before when all of this has started and feels a bit scared that this might make him and Jackson arguing again.

“Do you want me to go with you?”

Jackson asks in a gentle manner as his hand goes up to softly caress his hair instead, seemingly trying to relieve all the tightness around his body by doing that, thus making him even guiltier right now.

Mark just nodded his head as he didn’t even know what to say.

“Okay, let’s go check on him when you’re ready to leave,”

He added and placed a small kiss on his forehead that instantly melts the older’s heart. Mark kisses him back by giving him a small peck on his lips and bringing back his head on Jackson’s shoulder, taking his time to regain some strength and energy by hugging his boyfriend like this.

“How’s he?”

Jackson asks after a minute. Mark couldn’t help the deep sigh going out of his mouth before answering.

“I’m not sure, the last time I went to visit him he told me he was fine and ask me not to visit him for now as he wanted to be alone. I kept texting him how’s he but he just keep replying the same thing that he’s fine and whose fool would even believe that?”

He answered and just hugs his boyfriend tighter as he feels so stressed right now just by thinking about it.

After that day when they cornered Youngjae, they all actually ended being locked up beside Taeha’s temporary cell at the station for causing such ruckus on the place, but they soon had gone out as no one actually was even thinking of filing charges against each other and they all both agreed to make up even though it was just for show so they can finally leave,  Jimin was even mad at them for being so wild like that when they could’ve just talked it out properly.

Also, the reason why Mark had found out Youngjae and Yugyeom was there is because he suddenly got a text out of nowhere from that receptionist at Sandstone that he had made friends with from before when they offered Jackson and Jaebeom a role and he keeps tagging along. They’ve been pretty close so they had exchanged numbers and sns accounts to be friends. She texted him asking if Taeha and his friends had some conflict because she’s actually here at the police station for over speeding, and she thinks she saw them, she was sure it was Taeha because they’re literally working at the same company before, she personally know the guy and she hooked up with him once, but she wants to confirm as she wasn’t sure if that was Jinyoung’s boyfriend with him and with two other guys as she only saw him a few times when the taller guy would visit the first AD outside the building before?

Mark knew that was Yugyeom and he was sure of that, so he didn’t waste time and didn’t even think twice in calling and telling the guys to meet and go to that police station, and it was pretty close to where they all are so they arrived there just on time before they could even leave, and Mark happens to spot Youngjae as soon as he goes in, and Jimin and Jinyoung was just on time the moment they’ve caught both Youngjae and Ilsung.

Unfortunately, after they had been all locked inside the cell for a couple of hours, Mark didn’t get to check on Jinyoung immediately if he was okay or if he had found Yugyeom or not and Youngjae wasn’t of any help at all as he really wouldn’t speak about it. Jimin also said she couldn’t find him everywhere but he did answered his call once and told her he was fine and not to worry about him, so they just assumed Jinyoung never found Yugyeom that day. Then when he visited him that night he said he was fine and it was obvious he didn’t want to talk about it so Mark just gives up and let him be alone for the meantime as Jinyoung highly requested it, but it’s been a week since that happens and he just keeps saying he was fine and all every time Mark would check on him either through text or call and of course, Mark wasn’t a fool to keep believing that. So tonight, even though Jinyoung would probably hate him for this, he’ll go try to visit him to check what he’s is up to.

“Do you think he met him that day?”

Jackson asks again and Mark thinks about it for a while before answering.

“I really don’t have an idea,” he said as he lifted his head up from leaning on his shoulder, “He won’t tell me what happened if he did see him or not, he didn’t even want to talk about it.”

“I was curious though,” Jackson starts, getting his boyfriend’s full attention, “How did Yugyeom brought Taeha in whole at the police station and make him confessed his assault?”

“That’s what I’ve been thinking of to be honest, and when did he even got back? What he’s been up to when he’s nowhere to be found? Just when did he plan it? And were Youngjae and Ilsung involved all this time?”

Mark added to Jackson’s question because no matter how hard they thought of it, they really can’t figure out how did he just brought Jinyoung’s justice so quick and out of the blue like that? What evidence did they even use to make him confessing on his own?

“And if he had already jailed Taeha himself then that means he already know the truth about all of it, so why is he still not showing up? Why is he still running away from Jinyoung?”

Mark spoke, just blurting out all the confusion inside his head.

“To be honest, you might hate me for this, but…I think I know why,”

Jackson carefully said and stares endearingly at his boyfriend’s eyes before continuing.

“I hated Jinyoung so much the first time I accidentally heard him and Taeha talking about it at the airport’s bathroom, I feel disgusted towards him and I can’t even look at him in the same way anymore, but the moment I realized and found out that it’s not true and in fact he’s just a helpless victim all this time, I started hating myself so much, that I can’t believe I just directed such hate and disgust to my own friend when all this time he was expecting for me to give him some understanding and help, I hated myself for judging him like that when all this time he was dying slowly on his own for what happen to him. I hate myself to the point that I didn’t even want to face him again, I couldn’t even meet his eyes,” He explained and lowers his head when Mark’s arms on his waist slowly loosened up as the guy focuses more on his words and emotions, “I feel so sorry for not believing him and for thinking that he deserves to be left by Yugyeom at some point,”

He added as he lifted his head up for a second to look at the other guy in front of him before continuing.

“And if I, only a friend, feel like this, how much more to Yugyeom, his own boyfriend, the person that loves him the most would feel after leaving him, breaking his heart mercilessly like that and then finding out the truth eventually? Knowing Yugyeom and how much did he love him, I don’t think his soul can take it?”

Mark’s chest had tightened when he realizes that too, bringing quick tears filling the corner of his eyes as he suddenly feels like he can feel the guilt that they have felt in his chest too. Why didn’t he think of that sooner? Now he feels so bad for both of them.

He hugs his boyfriend again and this time, he was the one who comfortingly runs his hands on the other’s back to assure him that he does understand.

They remained to hug each other for a few more minutes before Mark started speaking again.

“Also, Jacks…” He mumbled, shifting on looking at his eyes again before continuing, “Sorry if I’m being like this again,”

He apologized. He feels like he needed to say that as he knows this will all take a whole lot of checking and worrying about Jinyoung again that might unintentionally make his boyfriend feel neglected again just like what happened before.

Jackson brought up his hands and softly caresses his cheek, smiling and kissing his other cheek gently before answering.

“You don’t need to feel sorry, I was even the one who should say it for making you feel sorry about that, I’ve been a bit immature about it before but I already knocked some senses on my head and understands it better now, so don’t ever apologize for it again, just do what you need to do for your best friend and I’ll be here to support the both of you and is willing to help out if you guys need anything,”

He said and leaves his boyfriend in awe as Mark didn’t even know what to say, he feels so grateful to have such a person in his life. He gently cupped both of his boyfriend’s cheeks with his hand before leaning forward and kissing him. Jackson kisses him back instantly as he gently removes those hands on his cheeks and brings it at the back of his neck, placing his own hands on the older’s waist, eventually pulling him closer.

“Oh, shoot.”

They stopped and both glares at Jaebeom when the guy suddenly steps inside and saw them literally making out.

“Can you wait for me in the lobby, please?”

He spoke to Sehwa as he steps out again and stops her from following him inside because some people are eating each other’s faces here. Sehwa was confused but just obeyed him as she finally walks away giving Jaebeom a quick sheer relief.

“Hey, can you go out now?”

Jackson spoke when Jaebeom fully went inside. Mark just chuckles and hits his chest playfully when he said that.

“I will, but you need to give me my copy first?”

Jaebeom demanded, extending his hand, asking for his copy of the script, and that’s when Jackson remembered he had borrowed it to Jaebeom earlier as he forgot his own at home. He groaned as he knows he has no choice but to let go of his guy and look for that script.

“I left it in backstage,”

He said as he checks his bag and it wasn’t there then remembering he had placed it on the table at backstage after checking something one last time when one of the stage actors that they’re mentoring had ask for a specific scene before going.

“Go get it then?” Jaebeom said in a sarcastic way because why is Jackson saying and looking at him like that as if he expects him to be the one to get it when it was him who left it there? “And next time don’t forget your own copy so you wouldn’t have to borrow mine, understood?”

He lectured as Jackson walks passes him in defeat and murmurs something like what kind of best friend would interrupt such precious moments like this? Mark was just chuckling as per seeing his own boyfriend’s disappointment.

“Aren’t you being too hard on him?”

Mark said as he finally picks up his bag and starts walking out of the locker room with Jaebeom to wait for Jackson outside.

“You guys are the one being too hard on me, why do I have to see you guys doing that and inside the public locker room on top of that, you guys can’t wait till you get home?”

He lectured again making Mark laughing as it really was rare to hear Jaebeom nagging but when he does it was always when he and Jackson would display such affection in front of him.

“Alright, alright, our bad, our bad, tss,” He said in defeat, “As if I have never seen you and Youngjae eating each other’s faces from before too at the most awkward places?”

He mumbled to but actually regretted it an instant when he realizes what he just said.

this no-filter mouth as always.

He thought and hesitantly checks the other guy’s reaction.

“Sorry.”

He said and feels worse when Jaebeom smiles and slightly shakes his head.

“You really have no filter are you?”

Jaebeom suddenly spoke playfully as he grabs Mark’s neck with his arms and teasingly rubs his fist on top of Mark's head.

“Yah! That’s why I said sorry! Let go!” Mark protested, pushing him off which only made the other guy teasing him even more. “Jacksooon! Yah! Let go now! Wang Jackson!”

He even shouted to call his boyfriend and rescue him from this guy.

“Jaebeom?”

But both of them stopped in that funny position when they suddenly heard a small voice near them, looking ahead, they saw Sehwa standing there looking at them in confusion.

Jaebeom immediately lets go of Mark’s neck as he stands properly and clears his throat, Mark doing the same and massages his neck and head instead.

“I was getting bored waiting there so I…check on you,”

She said and glances at Mark as if she was being suspicious, and of course, when it comes with this girl it can only take a few seconds for Mark to get pissed. He rolls his eyes and lets out a small scoff upon seeing that look.

“I’m tired, can we go home now, please?”

She asks with his usual gentle voice that Mark knows was full of sorcery. Jaebeom walks closer towards her as he looks around for a chair for her to sit.

“We’ll go home in a bit, sit here first.” He offered and helps her settle down on the seat, “Sorry, for taking too long, I was waiting for Jackson to get my copy, he left it at backstage, but he’ll be here soon.”

Jaebeom explained and Sehwa just nodded his head, obviously dissatisfied but she can’t do anything about it anyway. She just stares back at Mark when the guy keeps looking and rolling his eyes while watching her and Jaebeom.

“Tired. Why are you even here in the first place?”

Mark whispered and he thought he just said it inside his head but it was too late to take it back as both Jaebeom and Sehwa have already heard it. He avoided Jaebeom’s eyes when the guy gave him a look.

That’s true anyway? She’s pregnant, and she knew so well she shouldn’t be lurking around here as they were all busy and it might just affect the baby when she got tired or stressed, also what for? She’s been tailing and guarding Jaebeom for a few days now since the guys started mentoring new stage actors and Mark didn’t even understand why’s she doing that when she doesn’t even have business here at all and in fact she’s just giving Jaebeom a hard time here as he was already busy with mentoring at the same time looking after her from time to time?

“I just want to spend more time with him as he was always busy, I hope you understand that, Mark?”

Sehwa snide back and emphasizes the word busy as if he was pertaining to other things aside from Jaebeom’s work and he knows so well he means Jaebeom being busy with his friends’ issues.

Mark really was trying his best to not let his sarcastic side jump out for this woman but it looks like Sehwa really likes testing him these days.

“Of course he understands that, he’s just curious why you’re here that’s all—“

“Of course, I don’t.”

Jaebeom said to pacify the situation but Mark was quick to fire it up again by mumbling that.

“Mark?”

He whispered yelled as he turns into him, trying to tell him to stop before this situation turns a handful for both of them. He just sighed in defeat when Sehwa stood up from her seat and walks closer to Mark.

“I know you don’t like me, but do you really have to be like this?” She spoke and it was obvious she’s had enough at this point too, “I was just trying to get close to him for our child, that’s all that I want, so do you really have to question me every time?”

She confronts him. Jaebeom keeps giving him a look behind not to talk back anymore for this to stop. Mark really was aching to confront her too but for the sake of Jaebeom and the child, he’ll try his best to hold himself back.

“I won’t deny the fact that I don’t like you, but if you think I was questioning you about that part just because I don’t like you then you’re wrong,” He answered with a monotonous tone trying to still  be nice to her even though his sarcasm was just hanging on the tips of his tongue, “I was questioning that part because I care about Jaebeom and your child, he already has a lot to do here to keep looking out for you, also, you being here in this busy and crowded place isn’t good both for you and you're the child, to begin with, and I understand the part that you wanted to spend more time with him, but what I don’t understand is why do you want to spend time with him like this when he’s busy earning money for you and your child?”

He explained and he’s honest about that. Sehwa’s jaw starts clenching as she really was just holding herself back too in cursing at this guy for all the times he keeps initiating unconscious suspicion towards her around Jaebeom, and she feels more annoyed as she knows she can’t say anything against what Mark said just now because if she did she’ll just fall on the negative side and Jaebeom will think badly of her.

“Baby?” They all shifted their attention at the back when they heard Jackson's voice, who just got back with Jaebeom’s copy, “What’s the matter?”

He asks curiously as he notices Sehwa standing too close to his boyfriend and they look as if they’ll be grabbing each other’s hair in just a snap.

“Nothing.”

Mark muttered as he’s the one himself who took a step back away from her. Jaebeom was relieved and gently pulls Sehwa back to his side too.

“Here.”

Jackson said and hands him the copy, looking at the three of them still trying to figure out what’s happening.

“Thanks,” He said and put that copy inside his bag, “You guys’ going now too?”

“Yeah—“

“We’ll go visit, Jinyoung, wanna come?”

Jackson answered but got interrupted when Mark suddenly butted in. Sehwa’s face darkened again because of that.

“Sure, I’ll catch up, I’ll send Sehwa home first,”

Jaebeom answered casually, also not to make the girl mad as he knows she was already irate since earlier.

“Hm, see you there.”

Mark shortly answered as he started walking away and just ignores Sehwa’s stares; Jackson patted Jaebeom’s shoulder once and follows his boyfriend.

“I’ll go too,”

Sehwa suddenly said that made both Mark and Jackson stopping. Mark slowly turns around to look at her and as expected she has this firm look as if telling him that they’re not done yet.

“Um, actually—“

“Please, let me go with you guys.”

She said firmly to cut Jaebeom words before he could even explain why she can’t come with them.

“I was just worried that you might end up being jailed or...hurt again, also I haven’t met, Jinyoung-si properly yet, so…can I?”

She asks, using his disgustingly sweet voice as if Jaebeom would let him.

Jaebeom knows he can’t bring him but with that look, he knows Sehwa won’t stop until he agrees.

“I’m sorry, but we’re not going there to have some reunion or drink tea or something?”

Mark spoke as a matter of fact.

“I’m sorry, but I’m not asking you?”

Sehwa talked back and saying that Mark was annoyed right now is an understatement. He was freaking exploding inside as he pulls out the most sarcastic smile that he can ever pull out along with a chuckle that honestly scares both Jaebeom and Jackson right now.

“I can go with you guys, right?”

She insisted on Jaebeom and even clings on his arm.

“Baby, let’s just—“

Jackson tries to hold him when he started walking back towards Jaebeom and the girl but got shushed in an instant by his own boyfriend.

“That’s not for you to decide.”

Mark told her with those scary eyes of him.

“Jaebeom didn’t say I can’t.”

She answered arrogantly as she returns the same glare Mark was giving her.

Mark’s gaze slowly shifted on Jaebeom at Sehwa’s side as if waiting for him to tell this woman why she can't tag along.

Jaebeom knows that look that and he knows it’ll make Sehwa upset but he needs to make her understand why she can’t go with them.

“Uh, actually...Mark was right,” he started as he gently removes the girl’s arm around his arm, “Our business with Jinyoung is a bit sensitive so...we can’t just bring people for now, but I’ll bring you to meet him some other time,”

He explained as carefully as he can and as expected Sehwa’s mood starts changing unbelievably fast as her eyes start watering and her lips start quivering. They didn't know if she's doing that to make Jaebeom agree or it was really just because of her hormones as she's pregnant?

Jackson even muttered Oh ghad behind Mark knowing his boyfriend can make her cry with just one more push.

Mark was smiling in triumph as he looks at her.

“Then can you just not go with them, too?” Sehwa suddenly said that made Mark’s brows arching again, “You’re always busy and you always left as soon as you’re done accompanying me to my appointments, when you’re free, even though you’re with me I feel like you’re not there at all?” She complains continuously, “You always hang out with them, and when you go out with them it just always ends up with you being hurt, you even got jailed because of them and—“

She added and stops mid-way when she realizes she shouldn’t have said the last part when Jaebeom and the two other guys suddenly started looking straight at her in disbelief, because first of all, Jaebeom doesn't even have enough time for himself to be honest, when he has schedules, he goes straight at work and checks on her right after, making sure she and the baby were fine and also providing what she needs such as her medicines and stuff, then if something comes up that's when he only gets to meet and spend time with the guys and goes to check on her again after all of that. Literally, wherever Jaebeom was he always thinks of them and making sure he has answered all her texts and calls. When she has appointments, Jaebeom always makes sure to accompany her just like she wants, Jaebeom had only missed one appointment because his friends badly need his help during that time, and he even tries his best to make up for her by spending that whole 3 free days of him after the promotion of the film, but she still always bring that up as if Jaebeom had done it so many times.

Mark and Jackson was a witness to all Jaebeom's sacrifices for her and the child, so hearing that from her as if Jaebeom was neglecting her and even blaming his friends for it doesn't sit right with them?

But she was already late to take that back so she just continues.

“It's true though? It’s because of them that’s why you end up inside the bars! The more you hang out with them the more you—“

“The more he what?”

Mark interrupted her, his blood seriously boiling right now. Is this woman really saying they’re a bad influence for Jaebeom and was actually blaming them for what happened?

Mark couldn’t help the sarcastic chuckle going out and shakes his head before speaking.

He knows he can make her crying out loud with what he’s about to say, and believe him he was trying so hard to not rub it in her face since earlier but it seems like Sehwa really wanted some truth slap right now.

“Do you even know what’s the reason why we ALL got locked up?” he firmly said, still with that sarcastic smile as he bent down a bit to match the woman’s eye level, making sure she’ll get to absorb every letter and word Mark was about to say. “Do you freaking want to know?”

He asks, Sehwa was just looking back at his eyes with the same intensity.

“Let’s go—“

“No.”

Sehwa said, swatting Jaebeom’s hand away when the guy tried to hold her arm and pull her away.

“So you really want to know?”

Mark said as if mocking her whole.

“Mark, stop that already,”

Jackson demanded but of course, Mark wouldn’t listen.

“Then tell me, as if I would care?”

“Sure.”

He immediately said, he actually can’t wait now to tell her, and he already feels slightly sorry, but if she's being this arrogant then why should Mark hold it back, right?

“It’s because this guy that you’re obsessing with and Youngjae’s new guy had fought to death over him until we all got locked up because no one wants to let go of Youngjae’s hand. Yes. Miss. we ALL got locked up because your 'husband' didn’t want to ing LET GO of his ex-boyfriend’s—“

“MARK!”

Both Jackson and Jaebeom shouted stopping him from rubbing it all on the woman’s face just like that.

Sehwa started crying after that and Jaebeom run after her when she walked out, while Jackson grabs his boyfriend’s arm and starts dragging him away too.

Mark keeps snatching back his arm that was already hurting because Jackson was holding him too tight.

“I said it ing hurts!”

He yelled as he finally gets to remove his boyfriend's hand on his arm.

“Didn’t I tell you freaking stop?!” Jackson yelled, surprising Mark a bit that he was being so mad at him over this. “I understand that you’re suspicious of her, that you really don’t like her and we’re not asking you to pretend to be nice to her, but for s sake! She’s pregnant; do you really have to be so mean like that? Let alone say all of that?!”

Jackson said and right now he was honestly mad because Mark never listens to him about Sehwa. Like, he gets that they were never cool with each other and that what Mark said was true anyway but the way he just rubs it in the girl’s face while she’s pregnant really wasn’t okay for him. Sometimes, Mark really needs to control his temper especially with people like that.

Mark does know it wasn’t right to say that to her in such a manner but she made her do it. He wouldn’t have said it if only Sehwa didn’t take it all out on them and act all arrogant in front of him. It wasn’t their fault that Jaebeom didn't want to open up to her so why would she say that as if they were the one holding Jaebeom back in doing that?

"Did you just heard what she said earlier, Jackson Wang?"

He asks in disbelief, because why are they always letting her get away with everything just because she's pregnant?

"I did and so? You know she was just blurting out things out of pettiness and probably out of her hormones why would you bite on that like a freaking 5 years old kid?"

Jackson said and Mark's mouth hanged open when he heard that.

Did Jackson really just told him he was childish and immature?

I cannot believe this.

He thought.

“Jackson she was taking it all out to us when it’s clear Jaebeom just doesn’t love her or even like her at all no matter what she does, and you know I’m not the type to just ing stay silent and be all smiley when someone’s being like that! Maybe, you can, but I freaking can’t, so feel free to ing hate on me!”

He reasoned out and just stomps his feet away from him, but Jackson grabbed his arm and pulls him back.

“We’re not done talking, Tuan.”

He spoke firmly; Mark’s arm was already turning red with his grip.

“Tss. What’s there to talk about? When it comes with her, I’m always the bad one anyway, just go with them too and ing spoil that woman along with your best friend.”

He replied and aggressively snatched his arm back.

Also, they were just fine earlier, hugging and making out and Jackson even said he understands him, but no, he guesses, still not about this part.

“Don’t ing follow me.”

He growled when Jackson was about to follow him. Jackson just stops instantly and just throws his hands in defeat before Mark finally left him there.

Do they freaking think that’s always all that I want to do when I’m seeing her? I have a temper but I do try to hold it back all the time for her, it was her who can’t hold herself back and when I snap they’ll take it all on me, tss, fine, I’m the worse! I’m the worst person on this ing planet!

He keeps talking to himself while he's literally storming out of the building.

He abruptly stops and glares at both persons when he spotted them talking.

Sehwa obviously got in so much panic as she turns her back and steps away from the guy pretending as if she wasn’t talking with him just a few seconds ago before Mark got out of the building.

The guy immediately walks away too as if nothing happened.

Sehwa was panicking as Mark starts walking again and she had already expected that Mark would question her about that, but instead of stopping in front of her, Mark just walks past her not even giving her a single glance.

Mark has always been suspicious of her and that guy, this isn’t the first that he had caught them talking, and that's also the same guy who intentionally bumped on Jaebeom before, but who cares anyway? His own boyfriend will just probably tell him he’s being unforgivably mean to her if he started telling them. He was just a bad guy who knows nothing but to make a pregnant woman cry.

Whatever. Do what ya’ll ing want with your lives.

He thought and swears that from now on he’ll give zero s about that thing and just lets them get fooled all they want.

On the other hand, Sehwa didn’t know whether to be thankful or not that Mark didn’t say anything about that, but she keeps telling herself not to let her guards down because judging from all their meetings starting day one, Mark was determined to find out something about her, and as long as he was around Jaebeom she can't just sit there and wait for him to talk.

“The cab’s here,” She snaps out of her thoughts when a vehicle stops right in front of her and Jaebeom got out of it. Jaebeom actually left her for a while to get a cab so they could go home. “Let’s get you home,”

He said as she guided her inside the cab, went inside again beside her, and told the driver her address.

"Jaebeom..."

She spoke and the guy immediately shifted his attention from outside the window to her in a slight panic as he thought Sehwa's still crying when her voice cracks a little upon calling his name.

"Hm?"

He hummed and feels a bit relieved upon confirming that she wasn't.

“Can I stay over at your place tonight?”

She asks and had his lips turning upside down again when Jaebeom didn't immediately give her a response as he's a bit shocked.

Jaebeom obviously didn’t want to as it would be weird if they’ll sleep under the same roof when they aren’t even a couple or in a relationship. Also, he still respects her as a woman so he didn’t think that’s a good idea, and he didn't know how to say that without hurting her feelings, so he didn't get to answer her for a few seconds.

“Please?”

She subtly insisted as her eyes start watering again.

“I don’t think that’s…appropriate?”

He answered truthfully and feels slightly bad when Sehwa looks down on her hand and was about to cry again.

“But we wanted to spend more time with you?”

She tried and even puts her hand on her already bulging tummy.

Jaebeom's eyes went down on her belly too and just starts nodding his head after a few seconds in defeat.

"Really?"

She asks, mood's changing unbelievably fast again as Jaebeom told the driver his address instead.

"Yeah, but...instead of staying over, I'll bring you to visit my place, let's have dinner together then I'll send you home before midnight, okay?"

He bargained as he really can't let her stay over. It's just wasn't right for him no matter how he look at it. Also, he can't imagine anyone sleeping on Youngjae's previous spot on their bed.

Sehwa's excitement immediately went down with that.

"Why can't we stay over?"

She sulked, and at this point, Jaebeom was already running out of excuses and explanations, so he just sighed and didn't answer her, looking out of the window again.

Sehwa knew once Jaebeom did that it means he was tired of talking about it and that he had already decided, so he just mumbled okay and not push it anymore, afraid that Jaebeom would start giving her a cold shoulder because of it.

You’re just beside me but why do I always feel like you’re too far away?

She thought.

Her eyes go directly to Jaebeom's phone when it started ringing and Jaebeom quickly lifted it up to check it and found out it was Jackson who texted him.

Sehwa never feels anything against Jackson because compare to anyone Jackon's the only one who seems so accepting of her, but right now, she was feeling all hurt and guilty not because Jackson was texting Jaebeom, but because she noticed how it was still Youngjae's picture that is on display on Jaebeom's lock screen…

From that night until today it was still the same picture.

"Mark said he already has a new guy,"

Sehwa suddenly spoke, her eyes were busy looking at the changing view outside the cab's window, but her mind was only thinking about one thing.

Jaebeom lifted up his look from his phone to her.

"Do you still love him?"

She added and turns to look back at him again.

She didn't even know why does she keep asking him when she already knows the answer?

Jaebeom sighed again, and as much as possible he doesn't like it when they talk about Youngjae because he knows she'll just gonna hurt her feelings, but right now, he feels like it was better that they're talking about it so that he can remind her what he really feels and not get the wrong idea about this whole thing.

"I do." He answered, and just looks down at his hands too when Sehwa sniffles and wiped her tears away, "Even now, I still do."

He added and scooted a bit closer to her as a sign of comfort as he knows it was hurting her big time.

"But that doesn't mean I don't care about you and...our child, because I do care about the two of you, so much actually, and I promise to do my best to be a good father to him and a responsible co-parent with you,"

He said with pure honesty. He can't promise that he'll get to move on from Youngjae, but what he can promise is that he'll do everything for their child and would love him or her with all his heart.

Sehwa sobs even more and just nodded her head. That's just all what it is anyway, them co-parenting for this child, Jaebeon might be the father of her child but he will never be her husband. No matter what she does she knows he will never be, because for Jaebeom it has always been Youngjae and no one else, and Sehwa clearly knows that right from the start.

"I'm getting sleepy,"

She mutters as an excuse to divert their topic. Jaebeom finally smiles a bit as he gently taps his right shoulder.

"Here, I'll wake you up when we get there,"

He said and lets Sehwa rest her head on his right shoulder, adjusting a bit to make sure she's comfortable.

 

 

ooOoo

 

"Good morning!"

Sang-ah greeted as he heard the bells at the entrance jiggling indicating their first customer for today has arrived.

"Hi,"

Mark greeted and upon seeing him, Sang-ah immediately sprinted towards the quarters to call on the supervisor.

"Jaesung hyung! The guy's here again!"

He yelled and Jaesung immediately goes out in just a few seconds after hearing that.

He offered a table to Mark and they both sat across each other.

"Sang-ah can you make us coffee please?"

He told the younger which Sang-ah immediately obeyed as he runs towards the counter to prepare it.

"Oh, no need! I actually can't stay long, I was just checking again if he has already gone back to work,"

He explained and way Jaesung lets out a deep sigh and pulls out a bitter smile then shakes his head, he knows it was still the same answer just like the previous days.

"Gosh, Jinyoung..."

He mumbles, a hand automatically going up to massage his temple when he can already feel it aching just by thinking about his best friend.

He actually didn't get to check on him last night because he was so mad at Jackson and that girl he didn't think he can go and comfort his best friend for now, so he just went straight to Bambam's apartment and spend the night there, ranting everything to the younger.

When he woke up he goes directly here to check on him if ever he had already gone out of the house and decided to go to work. He actually keeps going back here for almost a week to the point that he had already befriended his best friend's supervisor for all the times that he drops by and asks if Jinyoung has already reported at work or if they have already heard anything from him but Jaesung's answers were always the same.

"Isn’t he going to be terminated at this point?"

Mark asks as he suddenly thought of how Jinyoung could lose this job if he'll go missing for too long.

"He can, but I filed an advance sick leave for him just in case Mr. Cha or his brother starts checking,"

Jaesung assured him. That's the last thing he can do to help him anyway. He didn't even know what was happening again but he sort of assumes, it has something to do about Jinyoung's boyfriend, he was even thinking right now that the two might've completely broken up this time and Jinyoung had been too broken to accept that, that's why he's shutting off himself alone at his house.

"Not to be nosy, but...what exactly happened?"

Jaesung asks, hoping that he can get an answer to his questions through Jinyoung's best friend.

"We honestly have no idea either, I'm sorry."

Mark said.

As much as he wanted to tell him he really can't start with anything as they, Jinyoung's own friend didn't even know what exactly happened that day that made him all going back to zero just like the first time when all these things happened. Also, he didn't know yet if Jinyoung had already mentioned his past to the guys here, so he's just being politely cautious in giving information about his best friend's life.

Jaesung just nodded his head.

He didn't even know what to tell Yumi when she comes back and looks for Jinyoung again? She's been visiting every day too looking for him and Jaesung was running out of excuses. Yumi even asked once if he had kicked him out of the cafe that's why he's not going here anymore.

"Anyway, thanks for being so considerate towards him, Jaesung-si?"

Mark said and even gave him a small polite bow to show how grateful he was for being so nice to his best friend.

"Oh, don't mind it! Jinyoung-si's a good employee and we all appreciate him here, so that's the last thing I can do to help him,"

He said and returns the gestures.

"I'll make sure to keep you updated once I heard back from him,"

Mark said out of courtesy as he finally stood up, Jaesung doing the same.

"Sure, thank you, I'll let you know too if he ever goes back to work,"

Jaesung said and Mark finally bid him goodbye for now as he really needs to rush his way to work as he was already late.

Jaesung walks him towards the door, but before Mark could even touch the door's handle, Jinyoung suddenly shows up in front and opens it instead. All of them seemingly got a bit shocked upon seeing each other. They were surprised to finally see Jinyoung showing up after a week, and Jinyoung getting confused seeing his best friend here with Jaesung.

"Jinyoung-si?"

Jaesung mumbled as Jinyoung steps inside, the two of them looks like they just saw a ghost right now.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter