TM 12

TRUST ME (Let Me Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung finally puts down his phone once he's done sending his boyfriend a message that he's finally home. He immediately went inside the bedroom to change to something comfortable before he starts busying himself on packing some stuffs for their short trip together on, Jeju for tomorrow.

Jinyoung just won't stop smiling to himself as he thought of it.

He has a lot of ideas to do once they got there. He didn’t even know if they'll be able to do it all, but he just really can't stop being so excited about it.

This would be their first time going on a trip with just the two of them, and though it might be short, Jinyoung do knows this will be all worth it.

He took his carrier out of the closet and started picking some things to bring. Also, packing things for his boyfriend, so Yugyeom wouldn't have to bother later when he got home. They didn't really need much, since it was just for two days. Jinyoung just made sure they were bringing necessary stuffs to avoid over packing things.

Before putting all the clothes in there, Jinyoung sneakily took out that box that he hid behind his own pile of clothes inside the closet. He even unconsciously checks his surroundings if someone was there afraid that someone might saw it, when in fact, he was certainly all alone inside the bedroom.

He smiled again as he stares at the box, and carefully hid it inside the carrier below the clothes.

It was actually an anniversary gift for, Yugyeom. Yes, he knows it's horribly late, but he just realized that he never had given, Yugyeom a gift before, and during the day of their anniversary, he didn't have a chance to look for one, because he's all stressed out on how he can he go back for him that day. So, when he got back and stares at his bracelet, which was given by, Yugyeom as an anniversary gift, Jinyoung finally realized it and took the chance to prepare a gift for him.

It’s better late than nothing. He thought.

While he’s busy choosing what more things to pack, his phone suddenly started ringing beside him, thus making him stop from what he’s doing for a moment, so he could check it, wishing that it wouldn’t be, Taeha to bother him again about the film, because he’s honestly getting so done with it. He sighed in relief when it turns out to be his best friend, Mark who’s calling him right now.

He quickly taps the answer button and put it on speaker mode, so he can still talk to him while continuing his own stuff.

“Hey, what’s up?”

He asked, grabbing that one shirt of, Yugyeom and folding it neatly.

[ You at home? ]

“Yeah, why?”

[ Perfect! Let me in, I’m already walking upstairs, ]

Mark beamed and finally ended the call. Jinyoung stopped and mouthed ‘What?’ not really sure what just happened, that, Mark was suddenly around his place without a notice. Not that, they always really need to give notice whether they’d be visiting each other. Mark really has this habit of just suddenly barging in on his place at times, especially way back during college days when they aren’t that so much busy, unlike these days. Also, it’s just that, after the last time that they’ve all met, they got a little busy, and he didn’t really expected that they’ll be meeting this soon after that.

Though, a little surprised, Jinyoung immediately left his carrier for now to meet his best friend outside.

“What’s the matter with you?”

Is what he greeted his best friend once he opened the door to his apartment and saw his best friend walking towards his door. Mark chuckles when he heard that.

“Can you just greet me like a normal person, Park Jinyoung?”

He answered, walking inside the apartment, while Jinyoung closed the door behind him and followed him to the living room after.

“And can you visit me like any other normal person, too, Mark Tuan?” He answered back as he started walking inside his kitchen, “Water? Cola?”

“Colaaaa!” Mark said while removing his cap and lolling on the sofa, “Is, Yugyeom still at work?”

“Yeah, but, I’m pretty sure he’d be going out soon,” Jinyoung said once he got back on the living room and handed the other guy a can of cold cola. He sat beside him after that. “So, what made you visit this time?”

“You’re really asking me that as if, it’s already a bizarre thing for me to show up here?”

“Well, isn’t that true though? After you and Jackson had you’re first anniversary, you rarely visits my place anymore?”

Jinyoung said as matter of fact. Mark really loves staying at his place before when he’s still single, but once he got himself a boyfriend, it seems like he likes staying more at, Jacks place instead. Jinyoung wasn’t complaining though, Mark always made his electric bill higher than usual because all he did here is play video games the whole day and consumed his snacks on the cupboards. Though, Mark always brought him foods, but, still?

“Did I?”

The other guy asked a little shocked. He didn’t realize that before?

“You did.”

Jinyoung confirmed and just laugh a little while shaking his head when he saw his best friend’s reaction.

“Well…Sorry, I guess?”

“No need to apologize, I was even thankful you got together with him, so I can have my peace back here?”

He answered jokingly, making the other guy playfully hitting his shoulder.

“To be honest, though, I’m sorry. It must’ve seems like, I suddenly started hanging out lesser with you when I got together with, Jackson,”

“That’s true, but, I do understand. Best friend is best friend, and your boyfriend is your boyfriend, we all have our own priorities.”

Jinyoung answered. He never really had put grudges on, Mark even for once, regarding that thing. It was true that they started meeting each other lesser than usual during those times, but he never once felt that, Mark had neglected him.

Mark feels so thankful to hear that. Indeed, he really was the bestest friend that he could ever have. He suddenly thought of how did they even clicked? Maybe, yes, they’re both the silent type, but they do have lots of differences, too, to be very honest, but nevertheless, he was always glad that they’ve crossed paths and became besties.

He puts his hand into a fist to ask for a fist bump, which the other immediately gave him. They chuckled with themselves after that.

“And, I’m pretty sure, you do understand it so well now that you have your own boyfriend?”

Mark spoke, poking his best friend’s side, obviously starting with his mission to about, Yugyeom again. Jinyoung rolled his eyes and shakes his head.

‘Here he go again?’ He thought.

“Yes, you’re right.”

Jinyoung admitted nonchalantly, trying to not give his best friend the satisfaction of seeing him getting shy about it again. Mark’s teasing smile immediately turned into a bored one, making Jinyoung smiling in triumph this time.

“Psh! Boring!”

He booed and took a sip on his can.

Now that Jinyoung’s confident about it, it wasn’t fun anymore to . He thought.

“But, you’re still not answering my question, though? Aren’t you busy today?”

Jinyoung asked. He’s just really curious, okay?

“I actually just got off work. Jackson went home first, since he’s really tired and sleepy, so I let him. I don’t feel like going home yet, so I figured maybe, I can drop by for a while here?”

“Hm, alright.”

Jinyoung muttered while nodding his head, he shifted his head to look at him when, Mark lets out a sigh.

“And?”

He asked. Knowing for sure there’s still more than that.

“Well…I just want to share you something that I’ve been thinking of for a while…”

“There is?” Jinyoung asked, putting down his own can on the table, too when, Mark did it and shifted into sitting more comfortably while facing each other, indicating that this is somewhat a serious topic. “Spill?”

“You know, Sehwa?”

He started. Jinyoung thought of it for a while. It seems familiar; he thought he had already heard that name somewhere, but he couldn’t exactly remember where and when?

“I’m not sure, but what about her?”

“Sehwa is the lady, Jaebeom impregnated,” Mark answered, and Jinyoung only let’s out an ‘Oh…’ that’s why he thought it’s familiar? He had already heard it once during his friends conversation, mainly from Jaebeom and Jackson. “Sehwa is actually a stage actor like them from another agency that we’ve worked with a few times,”

“So, what’s the deal now? I mean, other than their awful affair?”

“Here’s the thing, I never really thought, Jaebeom would like…you know? Treat her as his…wife? Or girlfriend maybe?” He said, trying to be careful with his words, because as much as possible he really didn’t want to sound like a jerk for the woman. “Not that, I’m saying, Jaebeom shouldn’t really treat him like that, since, hello? Jaeb should do it, he just impregnated her, he should take responsibility, but I just thought, since, we all know, Jaebeom still do loves, Youngjae despite what happen, he wouldn’t entertain her like that?”

“What do you mean? What exactly happened?”

“Sehwa had been visiting, Jaebeom the whole week during rehearsals, and though, I admit it looks cute and sweet that she’s bringing him lunch, and taking care of him at the set like a baby, I find it really odd that, Jaebeom was just going along with it as if they’re really in a relationship, when we all know, and is certainly obvious for literally everyone that he still do have feelings for, Youngjae? Heck, I’m even positive, Sehwa knows about it, too?”

“He’s just probably paying for what he did.” Jinyoung commented. “It’s not like he can do anything anymore about it? He had with her, cheated with, Youngjae, got the woman pregnant. He already did a terrible mistake, might as well, make it right this time. Yes, he’s still in love with, Youngjae, but it wouldn’t be right, too, to abandon his child and the woman, just to get, Youngjae back. And don’t get me wrong? I’m not saying, Youngjae deserves being left, it’s just that, with that kind of set up, I would just prefer for them to be off, too, than Youngjae appearing as the bad one for taking the child’s opportunity have a whole family?”

Mark was quiet, still trying to pick up his thoughts about it.

“It’s sad to think that they only became a family, and Jaebeom was only with her, because they have no choice, but, I do think that’s the right thing to do. The child shouldn’t pay and suffer for his parents mistakes.”

He added, and shifted into looking at his best friend when he sighed again.

“Yes, I do understand, it’s just that, I’m worried about him…them, actually…because, to be honest, I still hope that they could go back together?”

“Everyone hopes for that, but it’s still up to them…”

“And, I know, I might sound…like a jerk, but…I don’t really think it was, Jaeb’s..”

Mark admitted. Jinyoung was immediately intrigued upon hearing that.

“What made you think that? I mean, isn’t, Jaebeom who already admitted it was his?”

Mark scratched the back of his head before speaking, he scooted a bit closer to his best friend.

“Before we left for our two day trip for the musical, I saw that girl flirting with another guy from her agency at the backstage during rehearsals. I even thought it was her boyfriend, so I didn’t really pay attention, I don’t really know if she cheated on his boyfriend too when she had with, Jaebeom or if that guy wasn’t really his boyfriend?”

He said, trying to remember that day a little clearer. Jinyoung was looking at him, trying to analyze it.

“I know it’s not nice to think of her like…that? But, I think there’s really a possibility that…”

“That, she had the baby from another guy and just points it to, Jaebeom since he’s the last guy he did it with?”

Jinyoung summarizes. Mark nodded his head.

“What do you think?”

He asked his friend. Jinyoung sighed and thought of it for a while.

He trusts his best friend’s stories, but he really can’t just agree, because he didn’t really know her as much as much, Mark.

“I don’t know, really? I don’t know her, so I can’t fully give my opinion about that?”

“Understandable.”

Mark said while nodding his head.

“But if, Jaebeom’s already certain that it was his, then…”

“Yeah. Maybe, I just really can’t accept what happen to them till now?”

Jinyoung patted his best friend’s shoulder.

“We all are,”

They stayed quiet for a minute while still thinking about it.

“Argh! I really hate, Jaebeom for this!”

Mark groaned as he brushes his hands on his hair. He couldn’t even understand himself sometimes when he’s seeing them like that. He finds it cute at the same time he feels so jealous for, Youngjae.

“You sounded as if you’re his ex-boyfriend?”

Jinyoung joked around to lighten up the mood, Mark playfully hit his shoulder’s again to which, Jinyoung immediately gave back by hitting his shoulder, too.

“How’s work anyway?”

Jinyoung asked to finally divert the topic, because it was just seriously stressing them to think of those two.

“The same? We just had our last practice for the play tomorrow, that’s why, Jacks so exhausted, they keep on practicing non-stop this week.”

“Where would it be held?”

“Jeongdong Theater,” Mark answered as he remembered his can of cola and pick it up again, “Do you have work tomorrow? You wanna watch, I can get you a ticket?”

“Oh thanks, but, I’m afraid, I can’t tomorrow,”

“Work?”

“No, we’ll go on a short trip tomorrow…”

Jinyoung said, seemingly getting all smiley again upon remembering it. He just really can’t stop feeling excited about it.

Mark looks at him and smiled too as he saw that smile on his best friend’s face. Suddenly feeling a little envious.

“Really? Where do you guys would head to?”

“Jeju-do?”

“That far?”

Mark asks while chuckling. Seems like these two really don’t wanna be disturb in any means? Jinyoung nodded as he smiles even wider.

“Wow!” He said and gulps down the remaining liquid on his can and playfully slammed it down on the table. “Now, I want a trip too!”

“You should ask, Jackson, then?”

“He can’t even accompany me here?”

Mark said and, Jinyoung started laughing.

“Can I come with you, guys instead?”

He joke, just trying to . Jinyoung immediately raised one brow at him.

“No, of course.”

He firmly answered, Mark started laughing this time.

“It was as if you guys will be on a honeymoon?”

He said and finally got satisfied when, Jinyoung obviously got shy and red when he heard that. He immediately blocks his hands when the other attempted to hit him with that small pillow.

“Honeymoon your face!”

He muttered. Mark laughed even more, but eventually stopped when he suddenly remembered something, thus, oddly making his mood changing in just seconds.

“Yah, what’s the matter with you, now?”

Jinyoung asks, nudging his friend. Mark sighed and crossed his arms on his chest before speaking again.

“I still have one more thing to share to you?”

He said, and Jinyoung just nodded his head telling him to continue, getting worried a little when he saw that hesitation on his best friend’s face.

This was actually the main reason why, Mark wanted to visit, Jinyoung.

“I don’t know if, I’m assuming things or…I misunderstand, but…” He spoke, trying to gather the right words for what he wanted to say. Jinyoung was just attentively listening to him. “These days…I feel like…”

He continued and paused again as if he really wasn’t sure for his next words.

“You feel what? How many minutes do you still need to complete that sentence?”

Jinyoung playfully complained when, Mark just literally paused and stares at the table in front of them. Mark goes back on reality and shakes his head a little.

“I’m sorry…What, I mean is…these days, I feel like…Jackson…he…”

He spoke again, and Jinyoung couldn’t help, but rolled his eyes for the nth time when, mark paused again.

“Do you want to just text it to me some other time when you finally composed what you’re trying to say? My, Tuan! Stop pausing like that, it’s annoying?”

Jinyoung complained, and Mark immediately gave him a tiny glare as he snaps his tongue too with his best friend’s complain.

“Okay! Okay! You really have the shortest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter