TM 23

TRUST ME (Let Me Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bambam lets out a secret scoff as he realizes that he had completely lost his comfortable space beside Youngjae. He didn't even know how did the older manage to get his way beside his friend?

He nudges the girl on his other side and secretly pointed at the guys on his right who seem to be a little engrossed with their conversation.

Jimin giggled as she saw them laughing at that meme Jaebeom was showing to the younger. She felt a sheer relief upon seeing them. It was like she's watching them like how the two were used to before, you know, typical set up of Jaebeom sharing those funny memes that he saw to his boyfriend so they can laugh at it together. Her heart honestly feels warm seeing them getting close like that again.

Jimin gestures Bambam to shush and just let them not wanting to spoil their moment, Bambam just agreed, having the same goal as her.

"Jacks~"

Mark whispered to Jackson as he pointed at the two guys across him, Jackson smiles and shakes his head.

He knew this will gonna happen soon. Jaeb's trying to win him back, and maybe, not as a lover anymore, but at least as a friend.

"Mark,"

"Hm?"

He shifted his attention at his best friend when he heard him.

"Your turn."

Jinyoung said as he pointed at the scattered cards on the table. Mark goes back to reality and quickly picks up a card that he'll draw, smirking at Jinyoung as he knows he's in advantage.

"What the?"

Jimin reacted upon seeing the card and went to a stressing phase as she didn't know how would he counterattack that.

"Just give up."

Bambam said beside her, who's long gone defeated by the guys and was just watching now. He tries to peak on her cards too and saw that it has nothing compared to her enemies.

"I can dodge this, I'm not a weak like you."

Jimin spoke, Bambam just mumbled 'Oh, let's see?'

"Jimin, the whole world's waiting for you?"

Yugyeom playfully said trying to put pressure on her, the guys started laughing as the girl hissed at Yugyeom.

While their friends were having a card game while drinking. Youngjae and Jaebeom are still busy laughing at the memes Jaebeom keeps sharing with him.

"Send me that one, that's freaking funny it deserves to be reposted,"

Youngjae said and Jaebeom immediately sends it to him while laughing.

Youngjae smiled fondly to himself as he took a secret glance at the older while he's busy sending and finding some other more to show him.

"Yah, there's this one I saw last night, it's ing funny, you need to see it, wait,"

Jaebeom excitedly said as he browses through his feeds trying to find it.

Youngjae nodded still looking at him.

He keeps on telling his heart to calm down for a bit, but no matter how much he pleaded it, he really can't stop it.

He had almost forgotten how does it feels like to be this close to him again, and right now he was finally reminded about it. Though scared for a bit as he didn't want to commit to something he knows he'll regret in the future, Youngjae would admit he feels relieved that at least after all that happens, he learned to forgive himself, and even though he has lost a boyfriend, he convinced himself that for the very least, he gained a new friend through him.

"I found it! Look at this,"

Jaebeom beamed as he started showing it to him, Youngjae was about to check it out when his phone suddenly started dinging on his hand.

"Oh, wait a sec, hyung."

He excused and quickly checks the message.

One of his brows started arching as he found a screenshot of his Mark hyung's IG story being sent to him, specifically on that frame of the video where he and Jaebeom were laughing.

Replied 'I'm sorry, who is this?' to the sender as it was from an unknown number.

He didn't even need to wait for ten seconds before getting a reply.

"Hyung, I'll go to the toilet for a while,"

He immediately excused as his mood started changing in split seconds when he reads the reply of that sender telling him who she is.

"Oh, uh, yeah, sure..."

Jaebeom answered, completely clueless.

Youngjae then hurried his way inside the bathroom and locked the door. He closes his eyes and heaves out a deep sigh trying to convince himself to calm down. He then decided to get back at their conversation on his phone once he has opened his eyes again.

 

To: 082-XXX-XXXX

I'm sorry, but how did you get my number?

 

From: 082-XXX-XXXX

I apologize, I know it is really not polite to just text you like this when we're not even close.

 

Youngjae's brows started meeting each other even more as he reads that, annoyed that she didn't directly answer his question.

 

To: 082-XXX-XXXX

Yeah, and not to be rude, but why are you texting me?

 

And what's with the screenshot?

 

He leaned his back on the sink as he suddenly feels a bit stressed thinking of a possible reason why is this woman suddenly contacting him?

 

From: 082-XXX-XXXX

This may sound stupid, and I sincerely apologize in advance, I know we're not close and that we started on the wrong foot, but I'm putting down all my remaining shame right now to tell you this...

 

Youngjae bit his lips as he reads that. He really doesn't feel good about this.

 

To: 082-XXX-XXXX

I'm sorry, but can you just tell me what's the deal?

 

From: 082-XXX-XXXX

Youngjae-si can I ask you for a favor?

 

Youngjae couldn't help but chuckles sarcastically as he got that reply. Who the heck does she think she is to suddenly ask him for a favor? Of all the people Youngjae should be asked from, she's really not in the position.

 

To: 082-XXX-XXXX

Are you serious?

 

He replied. Not being able to hold himself back for being a bit mean.

 

From: 082-XXX-XXXX

Can I call you, please?

 

Youngjae contemplated if he'll agree.

First and foremost, he really finds this ridiculous talking with her. He really doesn't have a grudge against her because he understands that no matter how many girls approaches his ex-boyfriend if he didn't want to cheat, he would never cheat, therefore, Youngjae never once blamed her for their breakup, but still, isn't a bit funny talking with her right now and even being asked for a favor? Seriously? With the woman, his ex-boyfriend cheated with?

He snaps his tongue as he saw his phone screen transitioning to a call, letting out a sigh, he just forced himself to tap the answer button.

[ Good evening, Youngjae. ]

The Woman greeted.

Youngjae couldn't help the smirk appearing on his lips as he heard her soft and gentle voice, suddenly thinking, if this is the voice that his ex-boyfriend had suddenly fallen into that made him cheat.

"Good evening."

He plainly greeted back.

"You see, not be mean, but I don't really have time to speak with you and you do know we're not supposed to be talking with each other right?"

He added right after his greetings to let her know that he doesn't really want to talk to her, especially if it is about the older.

[ I know that, and again, I'm sorry... ]

He rolled his eyes as he heard her apologizing again as if doing that would fix everything?

"And let me get this straight, I apologize too, but I don't think I can grant you any favor, Sehwa-si?"

He straightforwardly said. He didn't want her to think that he can be fine with everything just because he wasn't blaming her for anything.

[ I do know that too...and I'm not speaking with you right now for myself or for my own benefit, ]

She says. Youngjae was just listening to her.

[ It is for my child, Youngjae... ]

She gently spoke, and even though some might find her voice so relaxing, Youngjae didn't know but he feels like he was being stabbed with every of her words, especially for that part...

Her child...

[ I am no place to ask you for any favor, but tonight I gathered all my remaining shame to for my child, Youngaje-si... ]

And Youngjae knows when it comes to that part he really has no weapon against it.

[ I know you're a good person and I'm honestly guilty and ashamed to be the reason for your break up, if only I can turn back time, I would choose not to even look at Jaebeom... ]

She said and thought she sounded sincere, still, Youngjae finds it hard to trust her words.

[ But I already did, we already did...and I know no matter how much I apologize, there's no way for you to forgive me as what we did is just unacceptable... ]

Youngjae should feel comforted with her words as she knows Sehwa's trying to validate and understand his feelings, but why does he feel as if he was guilt-tripping him right now?

[ But I'm speaking to you right now not because I want to force you to accept me or forgive me...I know that's hard and I'm in no place to do that... But, I gathered my courage for my child.... ]

Please, stop saying it.

He thought as the more he was hearing that the more he feels like he was being so mean to her unborn child.

[ I'm not blind nor dumb, Youngjae...I do know, Jaebeom still loves you... ]

The moment he heard that it was as if something has been pinching his chest.

[ And I accepted that because I know he never meant to be with me anyway... but my child, Youngjae... ]

Youngjae can slowly feel his eyes burning as the tears started gathering on the corner of his eyes upon constantly hearing that words.

[ I won't demand Jaebeom to love me just like how he loves you...but, I don't want my child to receive the same amount of love just like me...my child is innocent, he has done nothing wrong, he doesn't deserve to be unloved by his own father just because his Mom is an idiot... ]

"What the heck do you want me to do then?"

He asked, this time he had completely forgotten to hold himself back from being mean as he can slowly feel the guilt rising up to his chest upon constantly hearing about their child.

[ I was just afraid...and I know, I don't have the right to feel that...but...when I saw Mark's video of you guys, I can't help but think of our child...I know you're not that kind of person, Youngjae, and I'm sorry for thinking like this, but I want to be honest with you...I know Jaebeom's still doing his best to get you back, and I was scared...I was scared that he'll forget about his child once he got you back as I know he never loved us anyway...what does my child has compared to the person his father had loved all his life? ]

At this point, Youngjae wiped the single tear that escaped his eyes. He wasn't even tearing right now because he was sad for her, he was tearing right now because he can't ing believe they are having this freaking stupid conversation.

No matter how sweet and gentle her voice is, Youngjae finally concluded that no one can really hide their true colors no matter how hard they try.

He was tearing right now because he feels so agitated, but he knows he can't just blow up on her as she was pregnant.

Youngjae might still think Jaebeom is a jerk, but he knows for a fact that that's not true.

Yes, he might've not loved the Woman even for a bit, but he was sure the older do cares about the child. How dare this Woman to say that as if Jaebeom has never even cared about the child? If he's not, Jaebeom won't even hesitate to answer him 'No' when he asked him if that's his child way back when he had caught them in the act outside their place? Jaebeom won't even bother himself or force himself into accepting their breakup if he never cared. So, hearing her saying that, Youngjae feels so mad because it was as if she was saying, he was a great threat against her child, that once Youngjae accepted Jaebeom back it was over for the child.

[ I know I don't deserve anything for what I did, but I want to give my child everything that I can give him...I want to at least, give him a happy and whole family, I may not deserves it, but he does, Youngjae... ]

"Do you actually see me as a threat against you guys having a complete, happy family?"

He sarcastically asked, his fist are clenching so hard beside him as he was trying his hardest not to lose it for her.

Sehwa didn't answer and Youngjae knows that was a yes, he started letting out another sarcastic chuckle.

He couldn't believe this.

As far as he knows he was the one who had been snatched of everything? Why is he suddenly appearing as the one who was about to robbed everything from an unborn innocent child right now?

He can't ing believe this.

"Sehwa-si I'm not that of a ing bastard as you think?"

He spoke full of sarcasm. The Woman was just listening to him, probably scared at the moment.

"I'm not someone who would go around flirting and snatching a guy who's already tied and committed to someone like some other people out there, especially a guy who's soon to be a freaking father."

He firmly said trying to bury those words inside the Woman's head.

"You didn't really need to consider me as a threat. I won't rob your child, and I'm not interested anymore to his father, not even a bit, you can have him all you want and I won't have a freaking problem about it."

He added and Sehwa knows it's just a matter of a few pushes before Youngjae finally reaches his limits so she stayed quiet for a while, clearly hearing the guy's deep breaths on the line as if calming himself down.

"You don't really need to ask me for that favor, because that's what I'll surely do."

He added after a few seconds of silence.

[ Thank you, Youngjae, and again, I'm sorry— ]

Sehwa spoke but didn't get to finish what she was saying as Youngjae immediately ended the call, not wanting to hear yet another insincere apology from her.

He turns around and rested his palms on the sink, staring at his reflection in the mirror while his eyes were continuously shedding tears in both anger and guilt.

After all that happen? After all that he went through? From hating Jaebeom and himself and forgiving everyone? After all that, he'll still appear as someone who's posing a threat to an innocent child? After all that he went through this is what would everyone thinks of him? A ing threat? A ing mistress?

He laughs sarcastically as he really can't believe what just happened.

He feels so freaking miserable.

"Hey, Youngjae? Are you there? Have you fallen asleep on the toilet?"

He quickly wipes his face with his hands as he heard Yugyeom's voice and a faint knock outside the bathroom.

He clears his throat first before answering not wanting to make his friend worried.

"I-I did not. I'm nearly done! I'll come out soon."

He responded, and when he heard Yugyeom saying 'Alright.' and heard his footsteps fading, Youngjae then lets out a sigh.

He stayed standing in front of the mirror still trying to calm his emotions, but no matter how much he tries convincing himself to just lets it go as he didn't want to ruin this housewarming party, he still couldn't help the anger on his chest, especially as he thought of seeing the older's face again once he steps out of this bathroom.

At times like this when his mind is in complicated knots and his emotions are over the top about his ex-boyfriend, Youngjae knows he can only run into only one person right now.

He can run to his friends, but at the times like this, he didn't need their unbiased opinions as he knows his friends will always try to be considerate on both sides, what he wanted right now is someone who'll tolerate and spoil his anger, someone who'll only side for him, someone whom he knows will always tell him he's right. He knows it's not a good feeling to indulge with, but during his most complicated times like this, all he wants is for his anger to be validated.

He lifted up his phone again and quickly scrolled through his contacts. He lied when he said he already deleted his number, but it was a good thing that he didn't because he knows he will still need him.

He had promised himself that he won't be contacting the older again since the day he had forgiven Jaebeom, but look at him right now? About to desperately seek comfort to him again?

Everyone breaks their own words anyway, so what's the big deal about me doing the same thing I promised not to do again?

He sarcastically told himself and quickly sent the older a text.

"Youngjae, I found a really good one and...."

Jaebeom excitedly spoke once he saw Youngjae going back at them, but trails on his words as the younger unexpectedly walks around the sofa and sat on the other side, beside Jimin, everyone didn't seem to notice how the younger's eyes had changes aside from Jaebeom as they were still focused on their card game.

Jaebeom was confused, but immediately put up a smile as he stood up and went on the other side, sitting on the single sofa chair beside, Youngjae.

"I saw this one, look, it's—"

"Hyung, can you stop? I'm tired looking at that."

He spoke out of nowhere with a bit of aggression not even wanting to meet the older's eyes and saw his face after what happened.

Jimin on her side heard it and shifted her look on them, suddenly getting worried upon hearing that not even knowing what did suddenly happens.

"Hey, your turn! Why are you so slow?"

She got distracted when Bambam gently nudges her, asking her to draw her cards.

Jaebeom was taken aback by the sudden aggressive response. He didn't know what suddenly went wrong, but he just convinced himself that maybe Youngjae was really done looking at memes anymore, so he just lets it go and kept quiet for a while as if a child being told to stay still.

He saw the younger's bowl that is almost empty of his favorite chips. He then had a sudden idea to keep their conversation going. He quickly reaches for Bambam's bowl of chips and transferred it to Youngjae's, thus, making Bambam whining about it when he spotted his hands.

"Yah, hyung! That was mine!"

He complained and Jaebeom just laughs at him while putting it on Youngjae's bowl.

"Give it back!"

Bambam said and was about to snatch back his bowl when Jaebeom prevented him from doing so, resulting in some of those chips flying around the living room.

"Aye! You're messing our carpet!"

Yugyeom complained because for sure Jinyoung would make him clean that later.

"Hey, hey, stop that, put it down."

Jinyoung says, just like how a mom would stop his kids from messing around.

"It was mine!"

"Youngjae!"

Jaebeom playfully said as he tries handing it to the younger expecting that he'll join in teasing Bambam.

"Just give it back hyung, I don't want that."

He spoke not really interested, but Jaebeom's still messing around, clueless of what was about to come.

"Yah, Bambam just let it go, I'll get you another bag,"

Jinyoung said. Bambam was trying so hard to get it back as if his life depends on it.

"Why do love those chips so much?"

Jackson commented, making his boyfriend laughing at the side.

"I told you I don't ing want that! Aish—"

Youngjae suddenly blurted out in anger and irritation. Jaebeom and Bambam along with the other guys stop dead on their tracks as they heard him bursting in anger.

Mark blinks a few times as that really surprised him.

Youngjae started avoiding all of their eyes as they were now all looking at him in shocked.

"Sorry."

Jaebeom muttered as he quickly puts down that bowl and goes back on sitting properly on his seat, shutting his mouth. Bambam did the same.

"Well... Youngjae must've been tired now?"

Yugyeom carefully spoke after a few seconds of dead silence, following it with an awkward laugh trying to lighten up the mood.

"Just tell hyung if you're tired now so we can get you a cab..."

Mark added in a casual manner to get rid of the sudden tension.

Youngjae didn't answer as he was just so ashamed for bursting out like that, but at the same time feels more annoyed with the guys beside him.

"I'll go get another bag of that chips, so you kids stop messing around now for that, alright?"

Jinyoung volunteered as he finally stood up and went inside their kitchen, hoping that they still have that same chips in stock.

They tried to go back to their game after that, constantly keeping Youngjae in check as he seems to be a little irritated now.

Jaebeom on the other hand just completely got silent after that.

"What??? Again!"

Yugyeom groaned as he just lost the match once again with Mark's card.

"Good job, baby, good job." Jackson said cheering for his boyfriend. "Bambam your turn, no teaming up!"

He reminded as Bambam and Jimin started checking each other's cards as if he and Mark aren't doing that too. Yugyeom on their side stood up to check on his hyung since he's eliminated now anyway, and also since he's still a little worried about his boyfriend about his conversation with his Mark Hyung earlier.

"Jaebeom, Youngjae you want to play?"

Jackson asks him as he notices how the two were just quietly watching them.

"No thanks."

Jaebeom shortly answered while Youngjae didn't answer at all and was just staring holes on the phone on his hands.

Jaebeom lets out a sigh.

Guess it's too early that he already celebrated for this night inside his head. He thought this will be the best night as he got as far as sitting beside Youngjae tonight and making him laugh, he didn't know that in just a few minutes it will all turn upside down just like this and he didn't even know why?

But honestly, no matter what the reason is Jaebeom knows he doesn't have the right to question him as first and foremost, he should be already thankful Youngjae gave him a chance to let him close earlier.

He shouldn't ask for too much as the younger might feel suffocated with it.

Who are you texting with, Youngjae-ah?

He thought as he keeps on secretly watching the younger typing on his phone, getting jealous out of nowhere.

"Thanks, Yug!"

Bambam beamed as Yugyeom places down another bowl of his favorite chips once he got back with them.

"Thank, Jinyoung hyung not me."

Yugyeom spoke as he goes back to his seat.

"Gyeomie can you get some ice too?"

Mark asks, still focused on his cards.

"What? I just got back?"

"I'll go get it for you, baby." Jackson volunteered and stood up instead, "Here, since you didn't want to obey your Mark hyung, play the cards for me,"

He said and handed his set of cards to the younger, Yugyeom just laughed and accepted it. He really didn't want to keep standing up for this and that.

"Youngjae come play with us after this round?"

Yugyeom insisted, trying to get his friend's attention as he seems focused on his phone.

"No thanks, I—"

All of them lifted their heads up when they suddenly heard a honk outside the house, exchanging looks as if asking each other what was that?

"Is that for us?"

Mark asks, Bambam and Jimin just shrugged their shoulders.

"It might be for the neighbors?"

Yugyeom concluded and they were about to go back into their game when they suddenly heard the same honk.

"I'll go check it."

Yugyeom volunteered, getting slightly pissed because he really finds that rude.

If they're trying to get our attention shouldn't they at least used the doorbell on the gates or something?

"No, it was me."

Youngjae suddenly said before Yugyeom can even start walking towards the door.

The guys are just looking at him in confusion.

"I may have to go first, thanks for inviting me tonight, Yug, and congratulations to you and Jinyoung hyung."

He spoke as he finally stood up and started collecting his stuff.

"Oh, uh, yeah...thanks for coming too..."

Yugyeom hesitantly responded, looking at his Mark hyung as if asking him 'What's happening?'

Mark who's completely as clueless as him just shrugged his shoulders.

"Leaving already?"

Bambam said with a pout as they all watches Youngjae walking towards the door.

"I'll see you guys at work tomorrow,"

He spoke and flashes an obviously forced smile before going out of the door, leaving his friends in sixes and sevens.

They all shifted their looks on Jaebeom when the guy suddenly stood up too to follow the younger.

"What's happening seriously?"

Jimin asks to no one specifically, all eyes are still on the door.

"Aish, whatever! They keep changing moods so quick like that, I don't know anymore!"

Mark groaned and just snatch all the cards on his younger friend's hand and started shuffling it again.

"Aye, hyung, it's not done yet, I'm about to win!"

Bambam complained.

"Let's start a new one, the previous round has been possessed by bad luck because of those two."

"You're just saying that because you're about to lose."

He murmured and the guys just started laughing at him.

While their friends started getting on another round on their card games, Jaebeom walks as fast as he can to follow Youngjae outside.

He didn't know what to do or what to feel when the moment he steps out of the gates, he saw the younger literally making out with a random guy outside, just in front of his friends' house.

He stood there frozen for a second, hands shaking beside him while slowly forming into a fist. His chest started heaving up and down as his anger slowly rises up.

He only took three long steps before he's already standing behind the younger, grabbing his shoulder and snatching him away from that guy.

Youngjae was taken aback, eyes getting in a wide circle as he saw Jaebeom behind him fuming in anger while staring at Ilsung with his sharp eyes.

Ilsung was shocked for a moment too, but quickly smirked and shakes his head as he realizes who's the guy standing in front of him right now.

"So, you're the guy?"

He spoke and looks at him from head to toe and back at his face with that same smirk.

Jaebeom didn't like the way it was full of mockery. He clenches his teeth and jaw as the older grabs Youngjae's wrist and pulled him behind him away from Jaebeom.

"I always thought you were that special for Youngjae to shed tears for, but seeing you right now...."

He said and did the same look from head to toe and started shaking his head and laughing a bit. Youngjae was just quiet not really knowing what to do at the moment as he feels a bit scared.

"Who are you?"

Jaebeom spoke between his gritted teeth trying so hard to control himself not to swing a fist.

"Doesn't matter who I am, I don't intend on seeing you again anyway, especially around Youngjae," He said and glances at the younger behind him for a second, "Now, if you'll excuse us?"

He spoke politely as he gestures Youngjae to hop on his motorbike.

Both Ilsung and Youngjae shifted into looking at his hand when Jaebeom suddenly places it on the head of the bike, not wanting to let Youngjae leave with this guy. His mind was in chaos thinking what could happen between this guy and the younger once he lets them leave, especially after seeing how he was grabbing him earlier while they're making out. Jaebeom feels like he's going insane just thinking about Youngjae doing it with someone else.

Ilsung returned the sharp stare and tried to remove his hands on his bike, but Jaebeom keeps it firm there.

The older then give up for now as he puts his hands inside his pockets and lets out a mocking chuckle before speaking.

"Your name's Im Jaebeom right?"

He started as he bent down a bit to level their eyes as he was a bit taller than him.

Jaebeom didn't answer as he feels like once he opened his mouth all that would come out is cuss and curses.

"And If I'm correct YOU ARE his ex-boyfriend right?"

He added emphasizing his point, Jaebeom struggled even more at this point into controlling himself. His knuckles have already gone white on how clenched his fist is right now.

"That means, this behavior shouldn't be tolerated right now, right Jaebeom-si?"

He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter