TM 08

TRUST ME (Let Me Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yugyeom forced himself to sit on his bed when the notifications from his phone won't stop coming.

6:00

‘So, freaking early?’

He thought, because who the heck will flood him with messages this early? Unless, it was, Jinyoung then he don’t mind at all?

He lazily reaches the thing on his bedside table to see what it's all about, and not really that surprised either when he saw that it was their group chat that was blowing up with messages right now.

It was actually full of the hyungs congratulatory greetings, and it looks like they wouldn't really stop until someone answers their chats, and instead of being annoyed, it actually sets, Yugyeom in a good mood.

SEVENS

Tuanzy
Congratulations, Kiddos!

Wang825
Omg! You guys finally made it! I'm so proud! TT TT

JayB
Well done! Congrats! 👏

Kyum
Thank you, hyuuuuuungs!

DoubleB
Aren't ya'll gonna pat our heads and prepare a party for us? 🥺👉👈

Tuanzy
Oh look at this clingy demanding kid! Of course, we will!

Kyum
Yaaaay! Where would we get it????

JayB
Your place? Jack's place?

Wang825
Here? Again? And then what? Stress me about the sleeping arrangements once more? 🤔🙃

Tuanzy
JACKSON?!

Wang825
. Sorry, baby hehehehe

DoubleB
On Yug's place then?

Kyum
Won't miiind~

Tuanzy
No, it's fine, we can have it at our place!

Wang825
Yes hehehe

JayB
Jacks, seems forced tho

Wang825
No! Who's being forced? It's absolutely fine for me hehehehe

JayB

Wang825
Im Jaebeom...

Kyum
Okay! It is set then?

Tuanzy
Yep!

DoubleB
Alright! PARTY!

DoubleB
Also, can you, pick us up after the ball? Ya'll know the protocol, I can't drive?

Wang825
Lend us the car, then?

Kyum
Sure, hyung!

JayB
I'll drive, Yugs.

Tuanzy
Then, Jacks will have Bam's

Wang825
Copy!

DoubleB
Okay! See you hyuuuungs! I miss youuu! 🥺

Kyum
@DoubleB ????

JayB
Clingy much?

Wang825
*Puke*

Tuanzy
Miss you, too mah boy!

CYJ
I just got here and...ew.

DoubleB
Ew to you, too!

Kyum
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Tuanzy
Choi Youngjae, I miss you! 🥺

CYJ
Awww! Miss you, too, Mark hyung!

Tuanzy
We'll have to celebrate ALL together tonight, got it?

CYJ
Of course, hyung! Count me in!

DoubleB
@CYJ 

CYJ
@DoubleB 

DoubleB
🖕🖕🖕

Wang825
Hey! 😆

Kyum
😆😆😆

Park Jinyoung
Congratulations to everyone

CYJ
Thanks, Jinyoung hyung!

DoubleB

Kyum
@Park Jinyoung 😍😍😍😍

Upon seeing, Jinyoung's message on their group chat, Yugyeom immediately switches on his inbox to send his boyfriend a text.

To: My Love, PJY ❤️
Hyuuuuung!

From: My Love, PJY ❤️
Congratulations, Yugyeom! You did it! I'm so proud of you! ❤️

Jinyoung replied through text. Yugyeom immediately decided to press the call button, assuming that since his boyfriend was replying right now, it just means that he's currently available to talk with him.

But his expectations was immediately shattered when, Jinyoung declined the call.

Yugyeom stares at it for a second, thinking why the heck, the older would do that, when he do knows, Jinyoung would always want to maximize any opportunity that they would get in order to talk, and so, he did tried calling him again.

*Toot toot toot*

Yugyeom was dumbfounded, and this time, his brows are already meeting each other, greatly confuse on why does, Jinyoung keeps declining it.

To: My Love, PJY ❤️
Hyung, what's the matter? 🥺

He texted and waited for a reply, but a minute had passed and he still hasn’t gotten a reply, which is odd, because if Jinyoung's been texting him real time, then means that he can at least exchange texts with him right? He keeps repeating to himself.

To: My Love, PJY ❤️
Hyung?

To: My Love, PJY ❤️
Have you gotten back to work?

To: My Love, PJY ❤️
Please, text me back when you had a chance 🥺

Giving up, Yugyeom just lets out a deep sigh. Jinyoung didn't really responded anymore after his last text, and though he knows it might be, that his boyfriend sneaked out again for a while just to greet them then head back again to work, he still couldn't help, but find it really odd.

He would at least let me know or text me back right away that he just sneaked out that's why he can't answer a call?

He thought, still greatly bothered at the same time worried about it.

He scrolled down a bit through his messages, hoping that this time, he would find something that will indicate that his boyfriend had remembered their anniversary, but it seems like he had really forgotten about it, because there’s none at all.

He lets out a deep sigh for the last time before he started getting off the bed to prepare for a day. He just keeps on convincing himself that it was still too early, Jinyoung might have really remembered it, but was just waiting for a specific time to greet him or something.

Keeping that excuse in his mind, Yugyeom felt somehow a little at ease.

“Good morning, honey!”

Yugyeom smiled instantly as he saw his mother preparing the table with, Nana when he entered their dining area. Seeing his mom inside the kitchen, preparing stuffs for the family had been a rare sight after she started going back to work when, Yugyeom’s 8 years old. So, it really made feel a bit nostalgic.

“Good morning, Mom! Good morning, Nana!” He greeted back and took his seat on one of the chairs near them. Nana smiled back at him since she’s still busy, “I haven’t seen you in a while inside the kitchen? What’s up with today, Mom?”

He jokingly asked.

“What do you mean, what’s up with today? It’s my baby’s graduation! I wanted to treat him with mom’s extra love!”

She answered excitedly, and walks closer to his son to give him and quick pinch in the cheeks.

“But the actual ceremony is tomorrow, though?”

“I know, I know! But tonight’s your graduation ball, isn’t it?”

“Yeah”

“I wanted to assist and see my handsome son in a suit!”

She excitedly said, and Yugyeom was just chuckling.

“So, who’s my baby’s date?”

She asked, and Yugyeom panicked for a second, but quickly pulled it off.

“No one?”

He answered, and both Nana and his Mom turned their heads on him.

“Kim Yugyeom! How dare you attend a ball without a date?”

“Mom, a lot of kids attends ball without a date,”

“And you’re one of them?” His Mom asked, sounding a bit disappointed, because of course, every mom wants their children to have the best night and date during this season. Yugyeom was just laughing a bit on how dramatic she was. “What happened to that girl you’re trying to pursue last year?”

She asked, reminding Yugyeom of that conversation they had before with Jinyoung on the same table. Nana exchanges looks with him, who’s completely aware of Yugyeom’s current relationship status with Jinyoung.

“Oh…her?”

Yugyeom hesitantly said, trying to work his brain out for a quick escape.

“Darling, the waters boiling you should put in the meat now.”

Nana suddenly said, purposely interrupting their conversation to help the boy out. Yugyeom’s, Mom immediately been distracted from the topic and focused back on what they’re cooking. She gives the boy a quick glance as if saying ‘I got this!’ thus, making Yugyeom smiled bigger and feeling thankful.

Yugyeom do knows, this wasn’t right. The fact that, Nana knows it all, but his own parents were clueless about it. He never intended to lie, but he just couldn’t out it so easily either. Yes, his parents were loving and nice, but never had they talked about any other ual preferences, so he wasn’t sure what would they think and say about it. He was a little scared, to be honest, who wouldn’t be, anyway? But he knows to himself that he couldn’t tolerate hiding their thing forever to his parents. He wanted to freely bring, Jinyoung here and introduce him to them, not as his friend, but as his boyfriend. He didn’t know when would that happen, but he can feel it that it wouldn’t be far from now, either.

“Anyway, where’s dad?”

Yugyeom asked as they were finally having their breakfast.

“He left for work early today,”

“But it’s just 6:30, what time did he left?”

“You know your dad, son,” Mrs. Kim answered after chewing his food, “He was eager to finish everything today, so he can attend your ceremony tomorrow,”

“Oh..”

He said, completely touched.

Starting from the day, Yugyeom entered university; it’s been quite rare to see them all together. So, whenever they had a chance, Yugyeom do feel so happy, and the fact that his dad, who he rarely meets at all nowadays were doing that much of a sacrifice for him made him feel so much appreciative.

“He’s so sweet, isn’t he?”

His mom teased, and they just all laughed a bit.

“You know what, I just suddenly remembered, Your dad and I met at your uncle’s graduation ceremony,”

His mom randomly said. Yugyeom already knows that story and he just smiled and nodded knowing for sure his mom will start telling them their whole love story once again, in details. Not that, Yugyeom hate’s it, he actually loves hearing it, but it’s just that he already memorized every part of it, he can recite it together with his mom.

“So, it would be your anniversary soon, isn’t it?”

Nana asked his mom, after Mrs. Kim finished telling their fairy tale like love story.

“Yes, and you know what, Nana? He said he’ll take me on a trip to Switzerland this year!”

She excitedly said, making Yugyeom smiling sweetly as he watched her being excited an all.

“Can I come?”

He jokingly asked.

“Honey, please just get a girlfriend and take her into trips, too.”

His mom playfully said. Yugyeom made a dramatic hurt face, making them all laughing.

Her mom just continued blabbering about their upcoming trip this year, and he was just happily listening, when the thought of his own anniversary with his boyfriend suddenly entered his mind again, thus transforming his genuine smiles into a bitter one.

“Mom?”

He suddenly asked.

“Yes, son?”

“Is there…a time that dad forgot it?”

He asked, seemingly getting a bit serious. His mom thought of it for a while before answering.

“Hmm…not that I think of?”

“You mean he never did forget?”

“Yes, he doesn’t have such sharp memory, but he does make effort to remind himself about it,”

She answered proudly.

Yugyeom just hummed and continued eating his food while nana and his mom continued talking with other stuffs.

‘He’ll remember it, later.’

He told himself.

 

ooOoo

 

“Thanks, hyung! See you, guys later!”

Yugyeom said and immediately ended the call.

“So, what time would they pick us up later?”

“By 11? Mark hyung said he’ll go get the car at my place by 10:30,”

“Hm, okay! How about Bam and Jimin? Have they updated?”

“Not yet, Bam ‘last message was that he’s still getting his hair fixed,”

“My! I won’t forgive him if he gets late, today!”

Youngjae complained while they’re standing at the side of the uni’s gate waiting for their other friends to arrive.

Tonight’s their graduation ball, a lot of senior in their best suits and gown were scattered outside and inside the uni since it was still a little early for the ball to start. Yugyeom and Youngjae was just greeting back to every of their batch mates that would see and greet them, too. It makes them feel nostalgic, since they somehow had experienced being outside the uni during this season last year, but that time, they couldn’t entered the exact event, now, they were the one required to attend it. It was overwhelming at the same time fulfilling.

“Anyway, thanks for the ride, Gyeomie,”

Youngjae said, patting his friend’s shoulder. Him and Yugyeom went together, the Kim’s family driver drove them here.

“No problem, I didn’t want to be going here alone, anyway?”

He answered.

“Right, because you don’t have a date,”

Youngjae teased and stuck a tongue out at him.

“As if you have one, though?”

Yugyeom rebuked with a smug look. Youngjae laughed and playfully pushes him. They just stood there making fun of each other for another minute when they finally saw, Bambam’s car pulling in front of them.

“Hi!”

Jimin greeted once Bambam opened the car’s door for her. Yugyeom and Youngaje was just giving them a look while preventing themselves from laughing.

“Someone here is really good lying, isn’t he?”

Yugyeom mocked. Both him and Youngjae crossing their arms on their chest. Bambam was just looking at them pretending that it wasn’t him.

“But I don’t want to, so stop bothering me, okay?”

Youngjae sarcastically imitated his friend’s words during that time.

“Whatever.”

Bambam said, keeping it cool even though he knows he sounded like fool, because obviously, he just ate what he had said before.

“Hey, don’t get the wrong idea, he just offered me a ride, that’s all.”

Jimin defended, as if the two other guys would buy that. They were just giving her a ‘Uh-huh? Lie to yourself, girl!’ Also, they weren’t that actually surprised that they would be arriving together, because come on, everyone knows they would be dates tonight, and that is already given from the start.

“Hey! Looking good!”

Yug and Youngjae shifted their heads when, Jaebeom gets out of the car to see them. Jaebeom is actually the one who drove the two other kids, so later he won’t be going to Bam’s house to get the car when it's time to pick them up.

“Hyung! Long time, no see!”

Yugyeom greeted, while Youngjae only averted his eyes somewhere not really wanting to have an interaction with his ex.

“You look good with that suit, Youngjae,”

Jaebeom courageously complimented him after literally gathering all his remaining confidence to say it. He was scared to be ignored, but he really wanted to let him know that he do looks so stunningly handsome with that suit and styled hair.

The other kids were slightly shocked by that, too. Youngjae isn’t still looking at him and it seems like he doesn’t really have a plan of responding, but when Yug secretly nudge him on his side, Youngjae lets out a sigh, glanced at him and muttered a short ‘Thanks.’ To the older, which undoubtedly made, Jaebeom smiling and getting red faced like a fool.

Bambam was about to playfully hum a love song to tease them, but Jimin elbowed him to stop, because she know, Youngjae won’t like it, and heck, she didn’t want her friend getting into a bad mood tonight.

“Anyway, you look so beautiful with that dress, Jimin!”

Yugyeom complimented her to change the topic, and also, because, Jimin do really looks so good with that fitted red dress she was wearing. She looks so beautiful and y at the same time.

“Thanks! It’s the red that got me tonight!”

She confidently said and took a few poses as if she was having a photo shoot. The other guys was just laughing because of her, while Bam was just watching her looking a bit done.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter