TM 04

TRUST ME (Let Me Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yugyeom mutters a small thanks when, Jinyoung places down his usual morning coffee in front of him on the table. His eyes quickly shifted back on looking at the quiet guy sitting across him, who obviously looks calmer now even though his hair was disheveled in different angles and his eyes and lips looks swollen from literally crying himself to sleep last night.

 

The ambience around them was kind of awkward and, Yugyeom wasn't seriously used to it, and never did he wanted to get used to it. He didn't even have a single piece of idea what was happening?

 

Last night, as unexpected as it may sound, Youngjae suddenly showed up in front of their door while he's literally crying his whole heart out. Yugyeom didn't even got the chance to ask him, what happened as his friend just quickly throw himself to him for a tight hug as if he's desperately seeking for some comfort.

 

Even Jinyoung, who just got out of their bedroom to check who it was didn't even know what to do the moment he saw the younger, he just stood there shocked on his spot, curious as to what's happening. Yugyeom didn't even get to sleep beside, Jinyoung last night because he couldn't let go of his friend on his arms, who just falls asleep on his bare chest after he cried so hard, and though they had been interrupted on their precious business, Youngjae was still their top priority so they just let him clinging on, Yugyeom like that on the sofa till he wakes up this morning.

 

"Do you want coffee too, Youngjae?"

 

Jinyoung asks, keeping his cool as he didn't want to make the atmosphere around them even more awkward.

 

Yugyeom snapped out of his thoughts, because of that and just pulls out a small smile to his friend as the other finally lifted his head by the mention of his name.

 

"Oh, um, sure, hyung...thanks."

 

Youngjae spoke, his voice sounds a little hoarse and croaky, probably the result of his nonstop loud cries last night. He quickly looks down again after looking back at his friend across him, now feeling a little embarrassed as he finally realized that he just suddenly barges in last night and literally held unto him throughout the whole night.

 

"Here,"

 

Jinyoung shortly said as he puts down a cup of coffee beside the younger's plate and just walks around to finally take his seat beside his boyfriend.

 

"Thanks, hyung..."

 

Youngjae faintly said, clearing his throat when his voice cracks a little.

 

Jinyoung only smiled at him and they all started quietly eating their breakfast.

 

Unlike the two other guys, Jinyoung seems a lot more relax than them. It's not that he doesn't care or feel sensitive at all towards his friend, it's just that, he thinks, Youngjae would feel more hesitant and awkward to share what's up or what is on his mind if they would just constantly look at him with so much worry. He thinks it's best to at least take it more casually to prevent him from holding himself back from speaking about it.

 

"So, what actually happened?"

 

The older asks after taking a small sip on his own cup of coffee.

 

Yugyeom stays quiet beside him, feeling thankful that his hyung already did the thing that he was hesitating to do since earlier.

 

Youngjae's hand stops from poking his food with his chopsticks as he heard that. He hesitantly lifted his gaze to the older and seeing him just normally waiting for his answer while chewing his food, Youngjae suddenly feels a little at ease. He looks down again and lets out a sigh, a bitter smile started appearing on his face before he finally decided to speak.

 

"We..." He started, his hand going back on poking his foods with his chopsticks, "We broke up—"

 

"What?!" Yugyeom shouted, interrupting his friend before he could even continue what he was saying. He looks and sounds so shock as if his friend just told him that he had murdered someone last night? "Wait—just...how? Why?"

 

He asks.

 

He just can't believe it? They seem to not have any problems nowadays? At least that's what they thought since, Youngjae isn't telling or sharing something if him and his boyfriend recently had a misunderstanding? They're all quiet and well these days and then suddenly he'd be telling them that they already broke up? He can't seriously sink it in?

 

Youngjae lets out another sigh and just finally decided to take his first bite of food, trying to put himself more at ease as he didn't want to cry over it again. He takes his time to chew and gulp his food first before answering.

 

"Just...a typical reason for break up actually,"

 

He said, putting his chopsticks down for a while as he runs his fingers on his hair, fixing it to make himself more presentable.

 

Jinyoung was just quietly eating his foods while listening to them. He feels a little relieved as he saw, Youngjae suddenly acting like that as he knows, the guy was trying to help himself get over it even just for a bit. After all, he already cried some gallons last night, he might've realized it by now that he didn't want to be like that again.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

Yugyeom asks, still in the state of shock and confusion.

 

"You know....cheating?"

 

"Huh? What do you mean?"

 

He asks again and Jinyoung at his side couldn't help but shifted his look on him.

 

"Yugyeom, you already asked that twice, don't you still get it?"

 

Jinyoung spoke beside him, he knows for a fact that Yugyeom was quiet naïve and oblivious, but....is he this much? He thought.

 

"No! I mean, I get it, but, I just...couldn't believe that, Jaebeom hyung...he..."

 

He spoke, trailing on his words as he didn't even how would he say it without offending his friend.

 

"You think, it's impossible for him to do that?"

 

Youngjae finishes for him, and Yugyeom just hesitantly nodded his head. He's not actually siding with, Jaebeom or anyone, and he's not saying that, Youngjae was lying or that he was overthinking again, but he just really couldn't believe that, Jaebeom is capable of doing that.

 

That hyung who's been in love with his friend since they were a freshman can actually do that?

 

"Well, it's not really impossible," Youngjae said, lifting his head once again to meet his friend's eye, suddenly having that serious look on his face. "Because, he just did....he cheated on me...."

 

He firmly said, preventing himself from feeling anything anymore other than resentment.

 

"Is there...any other way to fix it?"

 

Yugyeom cautiously asks.

 

Youngjae pulls out a small smile and slightly shakes his head before speaking.

 

"No...there's no other way, Gyeom." He said as he looks at the couple in front of him and sighed before speaking again, "What he did was just unacceptable....so I guess, this was really the end," He added and forced out a smile, "Tragic, right? I hope you guys wouldn't turn out to something like this too, in the future?"

 

He said as he chuckles a little.

 

Jinyoung and Yugyeom only exchanges some looks when they heard that.

 

 

ooOoo

 

 

 

"Is Jinyoung hyung here?"

 

Bammie asks as soon as, Yugyeom opens the door for him. He took off his shoes and puts it neatly in the shoe rack beside the door and follows, Yugyeom in the small living room.

 

"He already left for work."

 

Yugyeom answered sitting beside, Youngjae on the sofa.

 

Bammie smiled widely as he heard that, he drops his bag on the floor and throws himself between, Yugyeom and Youngjae, quickly putting his arms above his friend's shoulders as he pulls them even closer.

 

Youngjae immediately let out a groan and just tried his best to shove his arms off of his shoulders, but Bammie isn't letting him. Giving up, he just rolled his eyes and let out a sigh.

 

"Yah, don't you dare roll your eyes on me, Choi Youngjae! I ditched company today for you!"

 

"As if you're the only one who did that?"

 

Yugyeom said, as a matter of fact.

 

Obviously, Youngjae couldn't go to work today at the Journalism dept. since he's still trying to fully gain himself back and it just literally happened last night so what would you expect? While, Yugyeom and Bambam decided to just skip today's work too, so they could be with their friend to at least cheer him up and make him feel a bit better. Jimin wanted to check on him too, but they know that they couldn't be all absent in one day, so she just volunteered to cover them all up from their critics.

 

'The things we do for this idiot. Tsk!'

 

Bam thought.

 

"Anyway, let me asks this first," Bammie started as he finally let their shoulders go and sat properly between them before speaking again, "You guys are not pranking me right now, are you? Because, I swear if this was a ghaddamn joke, I'll you hit you guys with that flower vase!"

 

He said and pointed at the flower vase in table beside the sofa, trying to clear things up first and making sure that he had understand it correctly from, Yugyeom's call earlier.

 

"Why the heck we would joke about this?"

 

"Why would you guys not? I know you, two! You've already pranked me worse than this!"

 

"Maybe we did before, but we wouldn't go as far as joking about their break up! I mean, seriously? What made you even think that we were joking about it right now?"

 

Yugyeom scolds him.

 

Bammie eyed him suspiciously for a second, still waiting for his friend's lips to twitch a little to indicate that they are indeed, just joking about it, but as Yugyeom only rolled his eyes in a manly way and heaves out an annoyed sigh, he therefore concluded that it was real, thus suddenly feeling his heart aching a little too as he get to sink it in.

 

"So....it's true?"

 

"For the last time, Khunpimook, yes, it's true."

 

"Like...officially? You guys are really done now?"

 

He asks again because it was really unexpected.

 

Youngjae was just fiddling with his finger on his lap as he nodded his head to confirm it.

 

"Why so sudden? I mean, I didn't even know you guys are fighting?"

 

"That's what I'm confusing too, since earlier,"

 

Yugyeom added, now standing up from the sofa and pulling that bean bag chair at the side so he could sit in front of Bammie and Youngjae while the three of them are talking.

 

"It's a long story..."

 

"Oh, screw that cliché! We talk about longer stories every day, that excuse isn't valid anymore!"

 

Bambam insists, making Yugyeom laughing a little in front of them. Youngjae just puffs out some air from his cheeks, knowing all too well, he would need to just tell them everything from the beginning to the end...in details.

 

"He cheated on me..."

 

He started, now having that bitter smile back on his face.

 

"And?"

 

"And don't start me with that look, Bammie. I already see it with my own eyes, I hear it with my own ears and yes, I did hear him out before I started sulking and crying like an idiot,"

 

Youngjae immediately said as Bammie was giving him that look as if he'll pull out the 'Did you try to talk about it with him first and blah blah blah?' card on him.

 

"It wasn't that simple anymore, so don't you dare tell me that people make mistakes and that I should give him a chance?"

 

He added as his eyes suddenly started glistening with tears as he started remembering it all.

 

Yugyeom immediately patted his friend's knee to comfort him, suddenly being afraid with the thought of, Youngjae crying his eyes out again just like last night.

 

"Okay, fine, I won't say that."

 

Bammie calmly said, now being softer than before as he just waited for his friend to just pour it all out and tell them everything.

 

Youngjae lifted his head up again to look at his friends before letting out a deep long sigh and speaking.

 

"We're...actually...being a lot more distant to each other nowadays,"

 

He admitted, while Yugyeom and Bammie only exchanges some worried looks and just stays quiet. How come they never know about that? What happen to not keeping secrets between the three of them?

 

"I...don't really know when did we started to be like that but...I just realized it when we don't even look at each other's eyes that much anymore, be it when we're talking, eating together or anything? It's like he's talking to me and he's with me but it all feels empty?"

 

He said, as the tears on the corner of his eyes started gathering on their own once again, ready to fall down any minute. Youngjae then continued what he saying even though it still hurts him to even remember it all.

 

The two other guys are just listening to him while he's telling them what happen and when did it start, and soon enough, Yugyeom and Bambam finds out that their, Jaebeom hyung started acting a little weird around, Youngaje starting from the day he got back from a two-day trip for the musical. Jaebeom seems to be avoiding him since that day until his treatment and the way he interact with him becomes colder than usual, and it was obvious that he was hiding something, but Youngjae didn't want to dig it up again because of fear that Jaebeom might shout at him again in annoyance just like the last time that he tried asking him about it, so even though he was so damn curious on what is exactly happening with their relationship, he chooses to just be silent, because he was scared, and he didn't want to cry over it again knowing that, Jaebeom wouldn't even console him after it.

 

They became a lot more distant with each other after that incident, he pretended that he wasn't being bothered with the changes and just convinced himself that the older is just always tired, because of his job that's why he's being like this towards him.

 

Youngjae thought everything was slowly going back to normal when one night, Jaebeom suddenly pulled him close and hugs him from behind as they were laying on their bed, preparing for sleep. Jaebeom even kissed him gently and softly smiles at him before he finally closes his eyes to sleep, so the younger thought, that stressed out phase of the older was finally over and that they were fine again.

 

Just when Youngjae thought that when he wakes up that morning he'll still have, Jaebeom on his side, his body close to him and eyes staring at him with love and appreciation like he usually does from before, but he wasn't there...instead, he was outside their apartment's door talking with a woman as if he's in a great panic to shoo her away before someone finds out that she's there, and the most unbelievable part was that, Youngjae overheard her saying that she only visited him, because he wasn't answering her calls last night and they were talking about pregnancies and stuffs.

 

"You know what's even stupid?" Youngjae sarcastically asks as he weeping while he's saying all of that, "I even went back last night after, I walked out, I went back to talk him! I was thinking, maybe I should hear him out first? Maybe I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter