TM 30

TRUST ME (Let Me Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin lets out a deep sigh as they sat there completely muted on his friend’s couch across from the other guy. She didn’t even know what’s the point of them being here when she knew for sure they would end up going home even more disappointed.

“You guys should go, it’s already late.”

The guy said as he looks up on his wall clock.

Mark gently taps on Jinyoung’s shoulder, telling him that they should just get going now too, but Jinyoung remained on his seat.

Youngjae notices him being persistent, thus, slowly driving him annoyed at this point. He didn’t even know what has got into him that he even lets them inside and sat with him in his living room? He should’ve just pushed them away the moment he opened his door, if he does that then maybe he’ll still be probably in his bed watching a movie slowly drifting to sleep?

“I already told you,” He repeated, he guesses for a hundred times already? “I don’t know.”

He said and Jinyoung looks up at him again as if he was about to repeat his question too, but Mark held his hand to stop him.

“We get it. We’ll leave now—“

“But—“

“Jinyoung…please.”

Mark spoke firmly as he finally stood up, and just ended up sighing in defeat when the other guy lowered his head down again, looking as if he was about to cry again. He goes back down on his seat and mentally cursed this situation.

He shouldn’t have agreed to Jinyoung when he impulsively told them he wanted to speak with Youngjae right after he found out the truth about Taeha and calmed down. He knew they won’t get anything from the younger and he didn’t how many times did he already tell that to his best friend, but of course, he never dare listen anyway.

He just keeps crying and begging him to bring him to Youngjae, hoping that the younger would them where Yugyeom is so he could tell him the truth too.

Mark and Jimin know it’s not that easy, whether Yugyeom comes back or not, telling him alone wouldn’t be that convincing, heck they didn’t even know if he’ll even give them a chance to play the recordings for him, so they were really against Jinyoung’s favor of going to Youngjae at this hour, but what can they do if he’s being that persistent?

“Hyung…”

Youngjae suddenly spoke with an exhausted sigh.

Mark and Jimin shifted their attention on him when he called Jinyoung like that, probably trying to be sincere this time so Jinyoung would be convinced he really doesn’t know about Yugyeom’s whereabouts, even though everyone knows he did.

“I really don’t know where he is. The day he left my place and told me not to find him that’s also the last time I’ve seen him, so please stop bothering me about it already, if you’re tired of me repeating these words, just so you know, I’m getting tired too being questioned like this, because I really don’t know where he is, okay?”

He said in a calmer and softer manner. He was actually trying his best not to be so harsh after he had witnessed this hyung passing out the last time he asks him where’s Yugyeom and judging from his state right now, he knows it will just take a few clicks for him to be like that again, and he doesn’t want that at all. Even though he honestly despises him, he still cares a lot for everyone’s health, also, it’s already past midnight for Pete’s sake he doesn’t want to deal with that kind of scenario at this hour.

“You still don’t believe us, are you?”

Mark suddenly asks.

Because if he does, he’ll tell them right away where Yugyeom was so they could just tell them what really happened and end all of this mess. But since he’s still keeping his walls up tight and firm that means he still doesn’t believe what they just told him about Taeha.

This time, Youngjae didn’t get to stop that sarcastic scoff coming out of his mouth. His sarcasm was just at the tip of his tongue about to go out but he holds it in so hard as he really doesn’t feel like going through all of this one more time.

“Whether I believe or not, does that even matter? I already told you I don’t know where he was, what part of it you guys don’t understand?”

He said exhaustion can be clearly heard in his voice.

Mark lets out another deep sigh as he tries to calm himself too. Youngjae has point with that anyway, they should continue bugging him about it because whether he knows or not, they won’t get anything from him at all, so they should just stop wasting each other’s time like this.

“Let’s go.” He said and looks at Jimin to signal her to go. He grabs his best friend’s wrist to pull him up, but Jinyoung was still being stubborn, thus, making all of them sigh, “We’ll go whether you like it or not.”

Mark said in an aggressive manner and quickly pulled him up by force and started dragging him with him out of the door, not even giving the other guy a chance to protest anymore. He feels bad forcing him but they won’t get anywhere if he’ll continue being swayed by those tearful eyes. He’ll just end up getting more hurt if they stay there longer.

Jimin on the other hand stayed standing in the living watching the two other guys go. She shifted her attention at Youngjae when the guy clears his throat.

“I should go now too. Get a cab, it’s dangerous outside.”

He spoke as he stood up too and was about to head somewhere when Jimin suddenly called his name again.

He stopped and waits for her to speak again.

“When are you going back at the office?”

She asks, and waited for a few seconds before she heard his response.

“You can send me more papers if you’re having a hard time finishing it all,”

He said, thinking maybe she finds it hard to finish that bunch of papers to be proofread and edited, that’s why she’s asking, even though they have split those papers in half for the two of them.

“No, I…” She spoke and smiles bitterly before continuing, “I…just miss you guys at the office,”

She said which sends a small pinching on the other’s chest without him even realizing.

“It’s boring working there alone,”

She added.

Youngjae had that small bitter smile on his face too. He sort of hates the way he feels a bit sad upon thinking of it too.

“Bambam miss you, Youngjae,” She said and lets out a sigh, “He really does…we all does.”

Youngjae took a deep breath as he closes his eyes. The pinching of his chest gets a bit stronger thus making him finally aware of it. He keeps telling himself not to let it completely get him, that he doesn’t feel the same way at all and that all that they have right now is that they once had those fun memories and nothing more.

“You should go now; they’re waiting for you,”

He said to change the topic and to drive her away.

Jimin has already expected that response so she just smiled, nodded her head and started walking towards the door.

“Thanks.” But stopped when Youngjae suddenly said that, “For covering me up at work,”

The guy added. He just feels like he owes her on that part because without her covering him up to their boss, they wouldn’t allow him to work at home and would probably be jobless by now.

Jimin smiles even wider and told him ‘No problem’ before she finally continues on her way out of the door.

Youngjae was left their on his living room, trying to calm that remaining soft side of him.

No, he can’t be all this soft right now; especially he needed to do something important. He can’t let them get in him again and eventually ruined everything. He has promised him that he’s on his side and he’ll make sure he won’t break that.

He puffs out some air from his cheeks as he finally started walking inside his bedroom, throwing himself on his bed and picking up his phone.

He should inform about it before it gets too late.

He quickly dialed his number and waited for him to pick up, he didn’t know if he’s awake or not, but he better pick up his call right if he didn’t want to be busted.

He heaves out a sigh as after a few ring the person on the other line finally took his call.

“I have something to tell you,”

He started. He rolls his eyes when the person interrupted him and started asking him back some questions.

“Hey, it’s hard for me, but I'm trying to do my best to help you. I have already taken care of the things you ask me, so stop doubting me already."

He answered as the person keeps asking him the same thing every time they’ll get to talk.

“Yeah, anyway, I told you I have something to tell you so listen,”

He said, going back to his main purpose.

“Those guys,” He started as he massages his forehead and lets out an unconscious sigh before continuing, “They're busy carrying some type of plan again.”

He informed him, but the person on the other line seems to know about it already, and even though he wasn’t sure how, he was honestly relieved to hear that.

"Good for you, then.”

He replied and just started chuckling when the person told him how he knew about it.

“Those fools,” He said and shakes his head slightly, “When are you dropping it, anyway?"

He asks and nodded his head, satisfied with the person’s answer.

“Just be careful, you know this isn't just a small case, you need to be wiser than anyone if you didn’t want to get caught,"

[ I’m smarter than you all think, Choi Youngjae, ]

Youngjae just responded a playful hum making both of them chuckling.

“See you soon, then?”

Youngjae just hums back and finally ended the call after the other person answers a quick yeah.

He finally puts down his phone on his bedside table and lies properly on his bed while staring at his ceiling.

He honestly feels bad for Jinyoung, he really does, but he can’t let his emotions towering over him right now.

 

He needs to make that guy pay for what he did first.

 

 

ooOoo

 

 

Jinyoung sat there beside his friends on Jaebeom’s living room. He looks at each one of them. They were all quiet and had their heads down in disappointment, thus making him feel so guilty for all the troubles that he keeps giving them.

Everyone’s attention shifted on Mark when he suddenly lets out a deep sigh and claps his hand once to get their attention.

“Alright, don’t be like this, that’s fine.” He said to cheer up the current mood. “We can still win it with that recording, that alone would be a strong evidence to sue him, we have Jaebeom to testify, as a witness anyway, he can tell them how that guy keeps insisting that drink to Jinyoung,”

He added and Jaebeom immediately agreed.

“I’ll do my best.”

He spoke and Mark patted his shoulder.

“Jinyoung we’re really sorry,” Jackson spoke; Bambam on his side too mutters the same thing. “We did try out best, but…”

He added and started shaking his head in shame.

Jinyoung can’t even say anything. He was embarrassed to make them doing this and feeling like that.

“Hey, don’t say that, things happen okay? We can’t just send you two there and expect an absolute good result, you guys worked hard, we understand it, we appreciate it,”

He said, cheering up the two but it seems like no matter what he says right now he really can’t lift the heavy atmosphere right now, so he just lets out a deep sigh and stays quiet for a while.

Jackson and Bambam finally got back from Madrid. They honestly don’t want to go back with empty hands, but they don’t have a choice as they only have three days for it.

They did everything they can to get what they need. They did their best to speak with them. At first, it was all hard as no one wants to entertain them about it, mainly because it was against the hotel’s policy, also a controversial thing and it doesn’t seem plausible at all that some foreigners would just suddenly appear at the hotel asking for a CCTV footage for suing purposes. They did everything to make it all believable. Even letting them hear a copy of that recording for them to realize that they’re telling the truth. After a whole lot of talking, convincing, and begging, they even almost call the police on them for going back every day and for causing such issue at the hotel even though they tried to speak about it with them as discreet as possible; they finally get them to give them a chance at the end.

They honestly both nervous and delighted once they finally let them have a look and even have a copy of it, but odds are really with them when out of nowhere that part of the CCTV footage cannot be found anymore, as in literally, it has been wiped out from the rest.

They couldn’t honestly believe how did it happen, especially they worked really hard for a whole three days to get it. The manager told them it might’ve been corrupted or the CCTV cam suddenly ed up around those times like what most of the camera’s around the hotel do sometimes.

It honestly doesn’t make sense for them, because first how can a five-star hotel have this kind of ed up cameras everywhere and how in the world will that part only get corrupted and wiped out and not the rest? Seriously? Of all the freaking parts of the footage for that whole day, that one that they really need is the one who got lost?

“That’s so ed up!”

Jackson even growled after hearing that explanation back then, and in the end, they had been sent out and banned from getting inside after they have thrown a fit at them.

They seriously feel so ashamed going back without anything, they just didn’t waste their money for tickets and other stuff they also just bring more disappointment for all of them.

“I’m sorry,”

Jinyoung suddenly spoke, making them all lifting their heads to look at him.

“For bringing you guys this much of trouble…”

He said with a small bitter smile as his eyes keep shaking as if he’ll be crying again in just a minute.

Mark immediately scooted closer beside him and taps his shoulder.

“Don’t say that, we’re doing this because we’re your friends and we want to help you and Yugyeom.” He said and held his best friend’s hand before speaking again, “Also, don’t worry, we’ll do our best to win it for you, alright?”

He said to bring courage to him.

“Yes, some things didn’t go as planned, but I’m sure at the end we’ll still get what we’re aiming for,” Jaebeom added as he finally pulls up a smile and helps Mark in cheering up everyone, “So, we need you too Jinyoung to be strong, I know you are, but this time, you need to be stronger than anyone else so we can lock that demon inside his own hell, okay?”

He continued, attempting to get him ready for what is about to happen, but instead of Jinyoung feeling a bit relieved and encourage; he honestly started thinking more if this all what he really wants at this point too?

“Should I…really have to do it?”

He suddenly asks, which brings an immediate alarm to his friends around him. He quickly lowered down his head and started nervously fiddling with his hands on his lap when he saw those looks from his friends.

“What do you mean?”

Jackson asks, getting worried.

Jinyoung’s tears were just one blink away. He really feels guilty to be feeling like this. His friends are all out there doing everything they can, going through edges just to obtain some evidence to help him clear everything, all that he needs to do is to cooperate and speak for himself too, but instead, here he is, having second thoughts, being a whole lot coward again for feeling like this, but no matter how guilty he feels like right now, he still couldn’t remove this feeling inside of him.

He really doesn’t want to do it anymore.

Everything about Taeha and that night he doesn’t want to do anything about it again.

He knows the truth now and for him he feels like that’s already enough, and he wants nothing right now other than have Yugyeom back and tell him what really happened.

“I…don’t even care about that guy anymore,” He answered, head still hanging low and his voice suddenly cracks the same time the first tear falls down, “I just want Yugyeom back…that’s all that I want…”

He added as his sobs started enveloping his friend’s living room.

Mark immediately pulls him inside his arms, while Jaebeom on his other side started gently patting his back.

They all look at each other after hearing that and after a while started nodding their heads in agreement, and though they were honestly a bit disappointed that Jinyoung doesn’t want to participate anymore, they do honestly understand too where he is coming. They know it was hard for him in the first place to keep talking about it even though they know now the truth, the trauma will always be there so if Jinyoung still find it hard to deal with it completely then they should respect that, also, no one told them anyway to do all this stuffs, they did this on their own will without Jinyoung’s agreement so they’re guilty with that too. They have proven now the truth anyway and just like what Jinyoung said, that alone was enough. Yes, Taeha deserves to be jailed and pay for what he did, but for now, Jinyoung’s well-being is more important for them, they can deal with that bastard in a later time when Jinyoung finally healed a bit more and was more ready to face the issue again.

“Okay, okay, we get it…we’ll stop here and wait for Yugyeom,”

Mark softly muttered to his best friend, smiling and relieved when Jinyoung hugs him back tighter and started whispering continues thank you and I’m sorry on his shoulder.

The other guys started smiling too as they know even after what happened and all the troubles that they’ve gone through in the end they have finally helped Jinyoung in lifting up that heavy burden on his chest, though not completely, but they know a whole lot of it, and they too, was relieved about that.

“But I’m just really curious, do you think someone had sabotage us?”

Jimin suddenly asks out of the blue once the atmosphere has suddenly calmed down at the same time Jinyoung’s cries has finally subsided and they were just now sitting altogether having breakfast since it was literally so early in the morning when Mark called them and told them the two has landed back.

She mutters a quick sorry as she realized that her question might make the atmosphere getting heavy again, and as much as the other guys don’t want to bring the heavy vibes again, they too couldn’t help but tackle on as it really was a big mystery for them.

“And who’s another demon would do that?”

Mark said as he keeps walking around putting this and that on the table.

“That’s actually the first thing that comes into my mind when they said they lost the footage, but I really can’t figure out who can it be?”

Bambam said, because he really can’t just accept it like that, he was sure someone purposely wiped it off, but he has no idea who?

“Also, the same receptionist wasn’t there anymore,” Jackson added which made them all shifting their look on him. “They said she had quit a few days ago due to personal issues,”

“What?”

Jaebeom asks, seemingly suddenly losing his ability to comprehend.

Mark stops just behind Jinyoung, looking at Jackson as that suddenly made him so much suspicious of it all even more.

“Wait,” He started, “She quit a few days ago before you guys got there, and all of the sudden that footage were gone?”

Jackson and Bambam nodded their head, and once again they all start exchanging some looks.

“Shin Taeha, that ing bastard.” Jaebeom suddenly muttered between his gritted teeth. His blood was boiling in its highest point again. “That guy is such a pain in the ; we should've just silenced him completely way back then.”

He added and Jimin at his side secretly nudges him telling him to not say that when Jinyoung suddenly shifted his attention on him upon hearing that.

“Argh! How that heck is that demon so ing fast?”

Bambam growled and pulls on his own hair as he realizes it too that it must be Taeha that did all of that so they won’t have a bigger chance of winning against him.

“But come to think of it, how did he know that we’re after those footages? I don’t think he’s that smart to just suddenly think of it out of nowhere?”

Mark asks, having a feeling that someone’s probably on his side, advising him of everything.

“It’s either he has an accomplice or we just really underestimated him completely.”

Jaebeom said, feeling his head throbbing a little with the thought of that guy having another demon beside him, helping him against them.

“I do think someone’s helping him, there’s no way he can be that fast without the help of someone?”

“But, who?”

Jimin asks and Jackson just sighed and shrugged his shoulders.

No matter how hard they thought about it they really can’t figure it out.

“Um…can I, can I go first?”

The sudden silence has been broken when Jinyoung suddenly spoke. He has been quiet the whole time that they have almost forgotten he was there sitting with them, making them feeling apologetic for just saying and mentioning all those stuffs without a filter.

“What? You haven’t finished your breakfast yet?”

Mark complained as per seeing his plate barely even touch.

“Can you packed it for me it instead?” Jinyoung asks softly with a small smile, “I’m actually late now at the café,”

He added, and Mark honestly doesn’t want to let him go as he just had that breakdown earlier and wasn’t sure if he’ll be alright working all day at the café in that state, but with that small smile and pleading eyes of him, he just ended up letting out a deep sigh and agreeing with him again.

Damn, this guy, when did he learn using that kind of look on me?

He thought.

“Alright, I’ll pack it for you, but make sure you’ll eat it during your first break okay?” He said in defeat as he finally picks up that plate of his best friend and started transferring it on a container. “Stop laughing or I’ll kick you all out?”

He warned when the other guy’s started chuckling when they heard him and saw him acting like that towards Jinyoung, almost sounding like a mom.

“Yah, excuse me but have you forgotten? This is my house, Mark Tuan?”

Jaebeom playfully said and even cross his arms on his chest.

“So? I can still and will kick you out of your own house, Lim Jaebeom, don’t test me.”

He talked back that made Bambam hyping him up and Jackson at the younger’s side laughing about it. Jinyoung too can’t stop that smile appearing on his lips.

“You know he definitely can, so just shut up,”

Jackson told his best friend while laughing when Jaebeom looks at him as if asking him what the heck? Did you hear that?

They all just continued eating their breakfast after that and wishes Jinyoung well when the later finally excused themselves and told them he’s leaving for work.

“Hey, call me when you suddenly feel like going home, I’ll come pick you up,”

He reminded him after walking his best friend out of Jaebeom’s house.

Jinyoung started chuckling softly as he heard that, making the other guy lifting one his brows.

“Alright, mom, I get it.”

He said playfully which earned him a quick light punch on his chest.

“ you, just go already!”

Mark said in a joking manner as he made him turning around and slightly pushing him off. Jinyoung waves his hand as a good bye as he started walking away now too, Mark did the same and watches the other until he made his turn on the corner and finally left his sight.

Once alone, Jinyoung’s mind started thinking of his friends’ previous conversation at the table.

He honestly feels so scared just by thinking about someone helping that demon and them not even having an idea on who can it be? What if it is someone close? What if that person was just around them, watching them all along?

He stopped frozen on his spot, his hands started shaking and his heart beat started beating faster when he suddenly thought of those things and feels as if someone was watching him.

He took a big gulp as he slowly turns around and roams his eyes around him. He looks ahead again when he sees nothing and lets out a deep sigh.

Is he just imagining things?

He was thinking too much of it that he suddenly feels like there was indeed someone watching him.

He stayed there standing, trying to calm his heart and his mind so he could get going.

I should stop thinking about it, it will just consume me.

He keeps telling himself. He has been a lot off guard these past few days starting from the day he had known the truth and he told himself he can’t keep being like that as it will only make him miserable than he’s already was, also, he just focus now completely about waiting for Yugyeom. That’s only thing he should just be thinking from now on.

Reminding himself once again about it, Jinyoung finally get back his temporary peace of mind as he started walking again and continue on his way towards the café, suddenly having this urge inside of him to be there as soon as possible so his mind would stop wandering about all those stuffs again, and to be honest, he doesn’t feel like working all day too, but he really thinks he needed it as a distraction, like what he had said, the busy café brings him peace, so even if it is tiring, he really likes it there.

“Good morning, Jinyoung-si!”

Sang-ah beams as he spotted Jinyoung walking towards the café while he’s opening it.

Jinyoung greeted back and smiles at him as he helps him pushing up the storefront security gates before both of them started walking inside.

“Oh, Jinyoung-si, I thought you wouldn’t come today?”

Jaesung greeted when he saw the two other guys entering the café.

“That’s a very subtle way of telling me not be absent again, Jaesung-si?” Jinyoung jokingly said as he walks directly inside the locker room so he could change into his uniform. “Sorry for being late, by the way,”

Jaesung just laughs at it as he continues preparing the counter top and everything before they start their busy day.

“Oh, anyway, Jinyoung-si,”

Jaesung spoke again once Jinyoung finally got out of the locker room and started wiping some tables outside, he continues when he heard Jinyoung answering him yes?

“Someone called on the telephone earlier asking if you’re working here,” He said and Jinyoung literally froze again on what he was doing, as he slowly looks up to look at his supervisor, “She’s a woman, and told me she’s just confirming if we had a Park Jinyoung working at the café,”

He added and feels a bit weird when the other guy didn’t say anything and was just looking at him with his slightly big eyes.

“W-who’s she?”

Jinyoung asks after some seconds as he started going back to what he was doing and act as if he’s not getting nervous right now, even though he really was, his hands were already shaking in fear actually.

“I did ask for her name and doesn’t worry I didn’t exactly told her you’re working here, she actually dropped the call and thanked me after I told her if I can get her name first and know her concern, I guess she really didn’t to disclose her name at all?”

Jaesung explained which sort of gave Jinyoung a bit of relief.

“Do have an idea who is that?”

His supervisor asks out of curiosity, noticing how Jinyoung looks so uneasy right now too.

“I honestly have no idea,” He answered as he walks closer to him at the counter, “Can you not speak with her again if ever he calls back?”

He politely asks him with his eyes glistening with tears.

He honestly didn’t know why is there a person looking for him out of nowhere and with his friends suspicion about Taeha having an accomplice, made it more frightening for Jinyoung right now. He doesn’t know if they were just helping Taeha to not be jailed or they were aiming to hurt him or something, but either way, Jinyoung really is scared right now, and he was trying his best to be brave as much as he can and not think about it, especially here in this place as he didn’t want this safe place to be another trigger for him, but he can’t help it.

Should I call Mark and just stay home today?

He thought as the sudden urge to go home and feel his friends’ security suddenly got the best of him.

“Uh, yeah, sure,” He snaps out of his thoughts when Jaesung spoke, “I’ll just tell her you didn’t work here when she called again,”

He added and gave him a reassuring smile.

Jinyoung mutters quick thanks as he goes back inside the locker room for a while to give himself some time to breathe. They only had a few more minutes before customers started flooding again, he shouldn’t be like this at all, because if he is, he should’ve just get home not bother the people here, but he doesn’t want to be alone inside their house either in this state because he’ll just lose his mind, so he really need to gather himself together and be productive.

He closes his eyes for a while as he slowly breathes in and out, repeating it for a few more times until he feels like his mind is finally calming down.

“Jinyoung-si!” But before he can even finish it, he flinches on his spot when one of his colleagues suddenly appears out of nowhere, calling his name. “There you are,”

He added as he spotted Jinyoung sitting on the chair at the corner inside the locker room.

“Yeah?”

“Oh, not much, it’s just a customer was looking for you outside, I don’t know if you know her, but she told me he wants to speak with you and she also ordered two hot Americanos so you should prepare it?” He casually said and suddenly gets worried when the other guy’s face turned pale in an instant. “Hey, are you okay?”

He asks when Jinyoung quickly avoided his eyes when he saw how worriedly he looks at him. He held his chest as he slowly nodded his head at him.

“Are you sure? Should I call, Jaesung hyung?”

He said and softly pats Jinyoung’s back when he heard him breathing heavily.

“N-No, I’m okay, just…just go on, I’ll…meet her in a bit,”

He said as he forces a faint smile and patted him back to tell him he’s okay. The other guy was skeptical about leaving him, but since Jinyoung keeps slightly pushing him to go he just gives up and started walking out of the locker room.

Jinyoung was left there still trying to gather all his remaining courage to face whoever the heck was that. He was extremely scared right now, but at the same time he keeps telling himself, he won’t get to calm and won’t get to end it if he’ll stay here shaking in fear. His friends had been courageous enough and did everything they can, maybe it was his turn now to find out and maybe solve something for himself.

Also, if she’s here to hurt him, he’s pretty sure his colleagues won’t let her do anything violent inside this café.

Letting out a deep shaky breath, Jinyoung finally stood up and slowly walks out of the locker room. Peaking in a distance trying to spot who among the female customers was the one looking for him. He took a big gulp as he feels like he has spotted her, and slowly walks towards that table.

The lady, who looks like she’s around her 40’s, immediately, shifted her attention beside her when she felt a presence near her.

“Good morning, you must be, Park Jinyoung?”

She greeted in a friendly and polite manner. The smile on her face made Jinyoung feeling at ease a little, but was still keeping his guards up, getting ready for anything.

Jinyoung gave her polite bow as a sign of respect for the older lady and sat down quietly across her when she invited her to sit.

“I’m sorry but…do I know you?”

He asks as polite as he can once he’s seated.

On the other hand, while Jinyoung was sitting there, Jaesung on the counter finally notices them and immediately had a sense that lady must be the same lady that he had spoken with earlier at the phone, thus, making him suddenly getting alarmed and worried for the older guy.

“Hey, Chansung?” He called the younger when it walks past him, “Who’s that lady?”

He asks and secretly pointed at the two at the table.

“I don’t know, she just told me she’s looking for Jinyoung-si?”

“What?!” Jaesung said and suddenly feels like smacking this kid’s head when he heard that, “You fool, should’ve told me first!”

He whispered yelled. He didn’t know what’s that lady’s business with Jinyoung but he figured it might be a bit dangerous as he find that call suspicious and also judging from how Jinyoung reacts to it, he knew was kind of scared.

“What? Why? She said she’s looking for Park Jinyoung, you’re not Park Jinyoung so why would I tell you first, hyung?”

“You—shut up and segregate those trashes at the back door!”

“What? I already did that yesterday?”

“Then freaking do it again!”

He said in annoyance. This kid needs to learn something. He thought and just stays quiet there at the counter watching those two at the table.

The lady in front of Jinyoung smiles again before she started answering.

“You must be so curious right now, Jinyoung-si, I’m sorry for suddenly looking for you out of nowhere, I did not intend to scare you,”

She explained and her voice was gentle and welcoming, it sounds as if she was trying her best to make him feel at ease as she can feel the younger guy’s hesitation.

“I’m Lee Ah In, I’m one of the producers at Creative Mind Company,”

She added, making Jinyoung’s mind slowly getting blank again as he figures out what the lady needs from him and how this talk is for sure about his previous job, which he didn’t want to go back with ever again.

“Someone recommended you to me. I’ve seen all your previous work and also the films that you’re involved with, and honestly, I’m impressed with all of it, especially your most recent one, the country’s entry for the film fest, it’s impressive,”

She continues, making the conversation as smooth as possible not wanting to fully trigger the younger guy.

“So, our company decided to reach out to you personally and offer you a project—“

“Wait, I’m sorry.”

Jinyoung interrupted her. He feels so beaten up every time he would mention all those things that relate to his past job because he keeps remembering how his life started going down because of all those things, and he wants nothing right now aside from that freaking job completely out of his life.

The lady stops right after he said and patiently waits for him to continue speaking.

Jinyoung pursed his lips as he keeps quiet for a second trying to contain his tears and his emotions from jumping out. Yes, he wanted to make her leave and stop talking films and everything, but he didn’t want to lash on her and start bawling his eyes out in front of this lady just to make him go.

“I’m…really sorry but…” He started speaking once he had convinced his tears to back out, “I…already quit films,”

He said and the lady just nodded her head as if she has already expected that answer from him.

“I understand, Jinyoung-si, but…don’t you want to try again?” She asks carefully, still with her gentle voice, “I can see you’re sincerity and how you’ve work hard based on all your previous projects, especially the last one, the moment it has been released and after watching it, I can feel how the director of the film put so much importance, mind and heart on it, films like that always involves a creative and enthusiastic director behind it. The film turns out good because the director loves what he’s doing, and you have the talent and qualities in making bigger films like that for this country, Jinyoung-si, you have a big opportunity and future waiting for you out there at the film industry, so don’t you want to try it and feel the excitement again?”

She spoke as softly as she can, feeling her heart aching too as he saw how the younger’s eyes started filling with tears again.

Jinyoung breathes in shakily as he quickly wiped off the single tear that has fallen down.

After hearing those entire thing, he would admit, even though it made him extremely scared to even thought of his past job, he wouldn’t deny the fact that misses it so much, but more than saying he misses the job, he actually misses that same enthusiastic guy who once loved working with films. He misses that guy who pours it all out, his mind and heart into every project that he’ll work on. He misses that guy’s excitement for every scene and for every cut. He miss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter