008

His Lucky Strike

 

Aeyoung looked at the male again and she frowned.

“Mister Liu, I’m going to be okay. I can always call for a cab~”

“I know that, young miss. But the young master wants to make sure that you get home safely.” He said patiently, Aeyoung exhaled and picked up two cup noodles. She headed for the counter and waited for the cashier to bag her items.

“I can call Kun and~”

“Call me, for what?”

She turned and paused, Kun was walking towards her while eyeing her not so pleasant state. Mister Liu excused himself before leaving them, Aeyougn exhaled and paid for the items.

“What was that, Aeyoung-ah?” Kun asked as he took his jacket off and draped it around her frame, he paused at his actions. His eyes went to her face, but Aeyoung didn’t react. She simply shrugged at him, Kun took the bag from her and they walked towards the lounge area.

“It was..I had on overdrive, Qian.” She murmured as Kun open the noodles and looked around them.

“Why?”

Aeyoung let out a shaky breath before closing her eyes.

“Aeyoung-ah, you don’t have to tell me. It’s fine, just let me drive you home.” Kun looked at her, she chewed on her lip.

“Jiwook, that face suggested that my mother should surprise me and fly to New York after their wedding.” She said, Kun halted and he faced her.

“What?”

“They had no plans on telling me, Kun. Nothing.” She stated flatly, Kun frowned and Aeyoung just pulled the coat closer to her frame.

“I didn’t know what to do, I couldn’t face them any longer. I wanted to be as far from my mother as possible, but…to think, she listened to him before thinking about me, her daughter.” She trailed off, not knowing how to continue.

“She was planning to continue lying to me. And that just drove me mad. I’m sorry you had to see…well, witness my breakdown.” She muttered, Kun gave her a small smile before pouring hot water into the cups.

“I’ve witnessed a lot of those.” He said lightly, Aeyoung looked at him.

“Right.” She nodded, Kun pushed one cup towards her.

“She listens to him, and it’s so wrong.” She muttered as she took out the chopsticks from the bag.

“I don’t know what to do, Kun. That guy…Right.” She blinked at him, Kun paused and closed the lid of his noodles.

“Ten discovered that he has fake diplomas, so you might want to alert your HR before they start hiring people.” She murmured, as she rubbed her palms together.

“What?” Kun was stunned, Aeyoung nodded back and chewed on her lower lip.

“He’s a fraud, Kun. And, I don’t know..if he really does love my mother or, this is another trick of his.” She ran her fingers through her damp hair, Kun’s forehead creased.

“This is..just too much for me. I just got home, Qian. I wanted to fix this quickly, and then I’m sitting here, drenched from the rain I chose to walk under in, ranting to my ex-boyfriend. Wow.” She muttered, Kun started to chuckle and he leaned forward to open her already cooked instant noodles.

“Aeyoung-ah, you don’t have to apologize, it’s fine.” He said as he reached to brush her hair away from her cheeks.

“And, if there’s anything you need my help with, just call me. I still got your back.” He scrunched his nose and cupped her cheek briefly before eating.

“Anything?” Aeyoung asked, unbothered.

“Anything.” Kun nodded back at her.

 

 

 

Jeno stood by the double doors and leaned back, he noticed a familiar vehicle roll in their property and his lips quirked up as he recognized the two passengers.

The car pulled to as stop across him and Kun slid down from the vehicle, Jeno watched as the older male opened the door and his sister came out.

“Now, it feels like the old days.” Jeno murmured to himself. Aeyoung was speaking with Kun, his coat still around her shoulders as they walked towards the house. And then the Qian heir reached over to push her hair away from her face, Jeno’s brows rose up as he noticed how his sister didn’t react.

“Now, I’m confused.” Jeno said to himself.

“I’ll call you if I get something.” Kun told her as they reached the doors, he saw Jeno and he grinned at him.

Aeyoung sneezed twice and she blinked to herself, Kun chuckled.

“Or, maybe afterwards when the flu has left your system.” Kun added, the girl rolled her eyes at him.

“Thanks for driving me home, Qian.” Aeyoung said as she handed the coat back to him, Jeno pushed himself off the wall before speaking.

“Thanks for talking her out of her craziness too, hyung. Have a good night.” He said, Kun patted his shoulder.

“I haven’t done that yet. But, wish me luck.” He joked back, Aeyoung elbowed him.

“Good night, Meiyin.” Kun said before walking back to his car, Aeyoung puffed her cheeks as she watched the car leave the property.

“I’ll be going in first, noona. Good night.” Jeno said before going in the house, Aeyoung was about to follow him when her phone beeped. She took it out and read the text.

I heard you needed help with pest control?

Hang out tomorrow? -Yeoshin

Aeyoung smirked before typing in a quick reply.

Should we start the game and bring the party to him?

Yeoshin replied with a birthday cake and thumbs up emoji.

 

 

Kun walked in his office and found a folder already waiting for him on his desk, he paused and glanced at his secretary questioningly.

“It’s thing you asked for, sir. Regarding the chairman Jing’s fiancé.”

Kun took his seat and opened the folder, true enough what Aeyoung told him was in the file.

“I already spoke with HR as you said, sir. They are looking into it as of the moment, but one thing is a little worrisome with mister Kim’s file.”

“This address doesn’t exist.” Kun spoke as he pointed towards the papers, the other male nodded back.

“He was supposed to be living in that said address while he was studying.” The secretary added, Kun exhaled and he browsed through the other documents.

“And, sir, he was married once too. About four years ago.”

Kun looked up and nodded back, and then something caught his eye.

“Who is this?” He asked as he pointed at another name, it was highlighted.

“We’ve been trying to find out about this person too, sir. But so far, we haven’t gotten anything yet.”

Kun stared at the name briefly before shifting back to the other data on the papers.

“Look into his first wife, check if we can meet up with her.”

“Yes?” The secretary paused, a little confused.

Kun exhaled and loosened his tie.

“I’m sure by now you are already aware of my…history with the Lees.”

The male bit his lip and nodded back.

“Aeyoung’s a friend I can’t say no to. And I feel that I need to protect her from this man.” Kun stood up and walked to the windows.

“I understand, director.” The male nodded before excusing himself. Kun chewed on his lower lip as he looked at the view before him.

“He might be dangerous, Aeyoung-ah.” He said under his breath before going back to his work.

 

 

 

The black Corvette pulled over at JingXi Group’s curb and two males in suits approached the vehicle, they paused as they recognized the driver.

“Young miss!”

Aeyoung nodded at them and headed straight to the lobby wherein she was met by her mother’s secretary.

“Young miss, what brings you here?” He asked her, Aeyoung’s eyes narrowed briefly.

“What else? I’m here to take the job offer.” She replied, other employees at the lobby paused and looked at her.

“Yes?” The male paused, his eyes widening.

“Ma even tried to bribe me with it just so I wouldn’t fly to New York for training, but that was what pa wanted for me, don’t you remember, secretary Yoo?”

“I do, but…young miss, that position..being director..of~”

“Secretary Yoo, why are you stammering? This isn’t like you.” Aeyoung was amused, the male bit his lip before speaking.

“Actually, that spot is already taken.” He said in a small voice, Aeyoung’s tilted her head, now she was confused.

“My spot? Taken?” She repeated, the male nodded back.

“The chairwoman has assigned someone to take that role, young miss.”

Aeyoung’s brows knit together and she looked around them, and then she started to shake her head.

“Don’t tell me…is it him? Did ma give him my position?”

“Young miss, I’m sure the chairwoman~”

“Whoa, I have no words.” She said loudly, enough for the employees who were passing by, to hear.

“Young miss, please~”

“My own mother took away my birthright and handed it to some stranger. Wow. Is this how family businesses should be run?”

“Young~”

“Aeyoung-ah,”

They both looked up, the guards bowed as Kim Jiwook approached them, Aeyoung rolled her eyes.

“Please calm down, people are staring.” Jiwook said, trying to calm her.

Secretary Yoo backed away, while also praying for the other male’s safety.

“How about you get out of my way? I’m still talking~”

“Aeyoung, stop causing a scene.” Jiwook cut her off, secretary Yoo’s eyes widened. The elevator doors pinged open and her mother appeared, she was surprised to see the girl.

“Aeyoung-ah.” She walked towards them, Jiwook was still blocking Aeyoung’s path.

“Good job, ma.” She spoke again.

“You handed my position to him. Wow.” She spat, the lady paused and looked away.

“Aeyoung, I made a mistake, you were too young for~”

“Too young? For crying out loud, I am your daughter!” Aeyoung snapped, the lobby turned quiet and then Jiwook did something unthinkable.

He gently pushed Aeyoung away, making her back down.

Even the guards were alarmed at what he just did.

Aeyoung gasped and moved away, cringing from his touch.

“Did..Did you just push me?” She looked at Jiwook straight in the eyes, the male gave her a small smirk before nodding.

“You’re causing a scene. Now, I understand why your mother chose to not let you work here.”

Aeyoung paused, and then her lips curled into a small pleasant smile.

Secretary Yoo started to mentally recite prayers quickly.

“Aeyoung-ah, let’s talk in my office.” Her mother tried to bargain, but the damage had been done.

Aeyoung glanced at her mother briefly and then she met gazes with Kim Jiwook.

“I hope you enjoy your last few days of peace." She winked at him before turning her back on the two, the couple watched as Corvette sped away from the building.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++