007

His Lucky Strike

 

Ten leaned back on his seat as the flight attendant served him with some sandwiches, he set the champagne aside before taking his phone out.

It took a few rings before the recipient finally answered.

“Hey, what’s up?”

“Where are you?” Ten asked, not bothering to greet her first.

“I just got back a few days ago, why?” The girl said, she sounded distracted.

“Didn’t you know Aeyoung’s in town?” Ten asked as he crossed his legs, the girl gasped from the other line.

“What? Really? She never called me. Where is she now?”

“Check on her, something’s wrong. Talk her out of things before something bad happens.” Ten explained.

“What do you mean? Is someone out to get her?” She sounded confused. Ten glanced at the files before him again, it was the same ones he showed Aeyoung.

“No, she’s out to get somebody. And I’m afraid it might backfire on her. Check on her, alright?”

“Of course, I will. Just let me get over my jetlag. Have a safe flight.”

“Thanks. See you.”

Ten could feel it, there was probably more to Kim Jiwook than his fake documents. And that worried him, knowing Aeyoung, she will try to pick a fight with the stranger.

Ten was worried what Kim Jiwook might to retaliate.

“He wouldn’t dare mess with her..not with Kun around, right?”

“But, will Kun help her? He..probably will.” Ten murmured to himself before closing his eyes.

"Whatever Aeyoung wants, Kun will give.“

 

 

Jeno forked through his pasta, he looked at his mother and the male briefly. He knew dinner with the family was not going to be easy, but right now, all he wanted to do was just leave and go home.

“She’s…always been difficult, I’m sorry, honey.” Miss Jing spoke, Jeno exhaled, he tossed his fork down.

“It’s fine, it’s going to take a while talking to her, but at least she’s home, right?” Jiwook took her hand in his.

“Shouldn’t you be more worried that she’s home now? Noona can cause damage that no one can fix, ma.” Jeno spoke, his mother’s eyes went to him.

Jeno never felt so frustrated with their mother, it was like she couldn’t see anyone but Kim Jiwook.

“Why don’t you talk to your sister? She listens to you.”

“For your behalf? Why would I do that?” Jeno asked, his tone flat and cold.

“Jeno, you~”

“Auntie, good evening.” A voice made them all look up, Jeno’s eyes widened as he recognized the male.

“Oh my, Kun.” Miss Jing smiled and extended her hand to him, the latter smiled before taking her hand in his.

Kim Jiwook eyed the younger male briefly, his forehead creasing.

“I think I need to inform you that I bumped into Aeyoung downstairs.” Kun said in his usual warm manner, Jeno’s brows went up.

“Noona didn’t drive here, we went together.” He spoke, Kun nodded back.

“Yes, and it’s pouring outside.” Kun looked at the elder again, miss Jing frowned.

“Well, it was supposed to be a family dinner, but you know Aeyoung, she overreacted and left us here.”

“Ah, yes, I had my father’s driver follow her, auntie. So, you don’t have to worry.” Kun informed her, Jeno nodded and leaned back on his seat.

“Really? Thank you so much, Kun. I haven’t seen you in ages.” She said as Kun let go of her hand.

“Yes, well, enjoy your night, auntie.” Kun bowed before leaving them, Jeno’s eyes followed him and he spotted the Qian elders being ushered to another table, there was also another lady walking with them.

“That’s him, right?” Jiwook asked, the lady looked at him and nodded.

“You mentioned Aeyoung knew my old boss.” He said with a playful smile.

“Knew? No.” Miss Jing chuckled, Jeno exhaled and shook his head.

“Noona’s not here, I don’t see the reason why I have to stay.” He spoke, his mother was about to stop him, but the youngest Lee simply walked away.

Miss Jing exhaled and leaned back on her seat.

“My daughter did not just know him, Jiwook-ah. They were together. He is my daughter's first love and first heartbreak” She explained fonfly as she looked at the untouched plates across them.

“Really? The Qian young master?” Jiwook pressed on, the lady nodded back.

“Those two have known each other their whole lives. He’s the only man my late husband trusted our daughter to. Sadly, they broke up.” She said with a fond smile before facing him, and then she leaned over to kiss her cheek.

“Let’s eat up, the kids already left us,”

Jiwook smiled and nodded, the lady went back to eating her meal, while the male beside her glanced at the Qians again.

“So, they’re not together anymore?”

“Yes, and  I still don’t know why that happened.”

 

 

 

Hendery broke into a smile as Mina and Taeyong joined them on the table.

“What’s this? You all got the text too?” Doyoung asked as he pushed the bowl of fruit towards the two.

“I did. I called Ten, but I can’t reach him.” Taeyong said, Hendery exhaled.

“What could it be? What could Yeoshin be gathering us all here for?” Mina spoke as she picked up a bunch of grapes, Doyoung shrugged.

“The great Lotte heiress, calling in an emergency meeting, ingtriguing.”

“Could this be about Aeyoung? I mean, I haven’t spoken to Aeyoung properly.” Taeyong said, Mina tilted her head.

“I think she’s going to stay here for a long time.” Hendery stated, the three looked at him.

“What do you mean?”

“Kun ge’s..well, he suddenly cancelled two meetings a few days ago.”

“Your cousin did what?” Doyoung was surprised, his best friend would never do that on a regular day.

“It was unannounced too, so I was left speaking with the two managing heads from KI Oil.” Hendery murmured.

“Aigoo, the poor college student was left to handle all that.” Mina said jokingly, Taeyong grinned.

“But, why? Why did that happen? Is Kun okay?”

“Hyung, Aeyoung jie went to his office and he dropped everything.” Hendery translated for him, Doyoung’s eyes narrowed in realization.

Mina squealed, Doyoung shushed her before people started to stare at them.

“Aeyoung, Aeyoung.” Taeyong chuckled, and then he noticed a familiar silhouette walk in the restaurant. As usual, heads would turn at her direction as she passed by, but her eyes were on their table.

“Yeoshin-ah, what’s going on?” Doyoung grinned at the girl and bumped fists with her, she exhaled before plopping down.

“What’s going on? Aeyoung’s on a rampage. And, the prince is worried.“ She said before exchanging winks with Mina.

“It bothers me that Ten, Aeyoung and Yeoshin are in contact now. And are all in the same continent.” Hendery murmured to himself.

“The trio is complete.” Taeyong mused at him, Hendery shook his head.

“Why? What happened?” Taeyong asked, he called for the waiter and asked for the menu.

Yeoshin smirked and crossed her legs.

“Apparently, her mother’s fiancé is sporting a fake diploma. And, she wants to know what else is fake about that man.”

 

 

Kun continued to twirl his wineglass around as the meal begun, Anqi and her parents were talking to amongst themselves, not realizing how distracted he was. Well, except for Mrs. Qian.

“Kun, is the food not to you liking?” She spoke, all eyes went to him.

Kun looked up from his plate and shook his head.

“Are you okay? You’ve been quiet since you got here.” Anqi asked, her forehead creasing in worry.

“I’m fine. It was..just a long day at work. How are you?” Kun replied, the girl smiled and reached for his hand.

“I’m fine, you worry me, Kun.”

“Huh?”

The elders smiled at each other.

“It’s so hard to talk to you these days, you’re always out or at a meeting.” She said with a teasing smile, Kun could only nod ba ck, and then he glanced at the windows again.

It was still raining outside.

He chewed on his lower lip and looked at his food.

His father looked on, his brows rising up. Something was bothering his son, and he had a pretty good guess what it was, or who it was.

“Kun, how about we go out tomorrow?” Anqi said excitedly, but Kun put his napkin back on the table, the girl paused, confused.

“I’m sorry, I need to check on something.” Kun said as he stood up, he picked up his coat and excused himself.

“Son,” His mother sighed at him, but Kun shook his head.

“I have to go, ma. Enjoy your night, Anqi.” He said politely before walking away from the table.

Anqi blinked, confused at his behavior.

“Sorry, Anqi. Kun’s been so busy lately, he’s the one running all operations now.” Mrs. Qian said softly, also a little stunned with his son’s actions.

While the Qian patriarch could only shake his head and watched as his son left the restaurant’s premises.

Qian’s Meiyin.

Kun’s Meiyin.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++