014

His Lucky Strike

 

Aeyoung was followed by her secretary as she visited the different departments in the building, employees would greet her politely as she passed by despite her sudden takeover.

Lee Aeyoung was welcomed, her lips quirked up slightly.

Although, honestly, she had no plans of taking over this early but her mother had left her no choice. And she hated how the elder gave her complete trust to Kim Jiwook right away. Even allowing the man to stay in their house without discussing it with them.

That will always bother Aeyoung.

She walked ahead, smiling back at familiar faces and then she paused when her eyes landed on the ugliest piece of she has ever seen.

“Aeyoung-ah,” Kim Jiwook approached her, she paused.

“I’m sorry, manager Kim, but you should address her as vice president Lee, especially here at work.” Her secretary spoke, Aeyoung looked at the male and raised her brows at him.

“R—Right, vice president.”

“It’s fine, I can handle this.” Aeyoung dismissed her secretary, the male bowed and stepped back.

“Can we talk?” Jiwook faced her, the girl exhaled and followed him towards the open lounge.

“I know we have had our differences and~”

“Whoa, look at you, just the other day you grabbed me by my neck and now you’re using that soft tone of voice with me.”

“All I’m trying to say is that, we all make mistakes. And I’m sorry I got angry and lost my cool with you.” He reached for her hand, Aeyoung shuddered and pulled back.

“But what you did, with the takeover, you just made your mother the laughingstock in the company. People will not take her seriously if you continue~”

“No.” Aeyoung met his gaze evenly, the male paused.

“I’m not going to give my departments back. They’re mine to begin with.” She pointed out, Jiwook’s forehead creased.

“Your mother put me there because she trusted me enough~”

“She trusts you. I don’t, so,” Aeyoung’s tone turned arctic, and the employees started to stare at them. Jiwook’s fists curled tightly as he looked at her.

“Why don’t you go away and stop breathing?” She winked at him, and then he grabbed her by the arm almost causing her to trip.

“You spoiled entitled ,” He hissed at her.

“Vice president!” Her secretary was about to run to her when two men in dark suits suddenly surrounded them, Kim Jiwook halted and looked at them.

“Please do not touch the young miss.” One spoke as he removed Kim Jiwook’s hold on her, Aeyoung was gently pulled away from the male.

“I guess I’ll see you at the meeting later. You’re welcome to come to this one.” She mused before moving along, the guards followed her and they disappeared through the hallway.

Jiwook closed his eyes briefly before walking away.

“You will get what you deserve, brat.”

 

 

 

Kun thanked the waiter before the male left and looked at Anqi.

“You wanted to talk about something?” He asked as he picked up his utensils, the girl looked up and nodded.

“Why…You never mentioned that we were going to your ex-girlfriend’s house the other night.”

Kun paused, his grip on his fork tightened.

“You’re talking about Aeyoung.”

The girl nodded back and gently pushed her plate away from her.

“I don’t understand, how come you never mentioned it? Are you two still~”

“No. Aeyoung and I are just friends.” Kun said softly, Anqi’s brows furrowed.

“That..doesn’t make you uncomfortable? Most people know about your past together.”

Kun glanced at her and shook his head.

“No. It’s just Aeyoung, it doesn’t bother me.”

“But it makes me uncomfortable, Kun.” Anqi finally said, Kun froze and he looked up from his plate.

“I know, your families have always been close, you grew up together. But, you were dating her for..quite a period of a time and now, I just don’t understand how she could let this go on.”

“What?”

“If she was thinking right, she wouldn’t have acted like that at the party, Kun. She knew you would go over and comfort her.”

Kun was confused.

“I just think it’s better if you keep distance, that’s all I’m asking.” Anqi said, Kun his lips, his forehead creasing.

“Anqi, I’m sorry but,” Kun set his utensils down, he exhaled before speaking.

“It doesn’t work that way. The Lees will always be a part of my life. Not just Aeyoung, but her brother as well.”

“Kun, it looks bad. She~”

“Like I said, it doesn’t work that way.” Kun said with finality before picking his fork again.

 

 

 

Jeno puffed his cheeks as he saw the white Rolls Royce waiting for him outside, he ducked as he jogged towards the car.

“What’s going on, secretary Yoo? Noona needs me at the office?”

“Yes, sir. It’s quite urgent.”

Jeno exhaled, he put his backpack aside and leaned back on the seat.

“What’s about to happen, hyung? This feels strange.”

“Your sister suddenly called for a BOD meeting, everyone’s attendance is required.” He replied, Jeno blinked, a little confused.

“Suddenly?”

“Yes, and, young master,”

Jeno looked up from his phone and nodded for the older male to continue.

“Earlier, the vice president and mister Kim were talking, it get a little heated and he tried to grab her.”

Jeno’s brows went up and his lips thinned.

“And then?”

“I believe that your older cousins are already involved, sir.”

The made Jeno paused, his lips slowly started to curl upwards.

“Sir, this is a little bit worrying.” The secretary chided, but the young heir was already laughing.

“Then Kim Jiwook is in for a ride, hyung.”

“With the young miss being the vice president, her friends are all in town too, mister Kim is really in danger, sir.”

Jeno shook his head and turned to face the window.

“Qian Kun too, he will always have her back.”

 

 

 

The Jing elder looked around in confusion as directors and stockholders walked in the room, she wasn’t informed of this sudden meeting and she had no idea why it was necessary.

“Honey,” Jiwook sat down beside her, she smiled and took his hand in hers.

“I believe this is my fault,”

“Huh?”

“I tried to apologize to Aeyoung earlier, and she didn’t take it so well. I’m sorry if this~”

The doors opened and Aeyoung walked in, she walked towards them and looked at the male.

“That’s my seat.” She said, her tone perfectly polite and sweet.

“Aeyoung-ah, you can~”

She ignored her mother and proceeded to look at the crowd instead.

“I believe that everyone’s already here?” She called out, there was a soft murmur from the rest of the room.

“I called you all here today because, I have something I need to tell everyone. And it is urgent and very worrying.” She spoke, the screen behind her lit up. She saw Doyoung on his seat, he was representing his family’s company, he grinned at her.

“What is it, vice president Lee?” One of the directors spoke, her eyes went to her mother briefly.

“Look at this,” She gestured towards the screen as it showed Kim Jiwook’s diploma, and then the next slide proof of the said document being fake.

The room grew still.

“As you can see, someone who was once director joined the company with a fake diploma. I checked with the school, he wasn’t a student there. I even took it upon myself to contact more universities, but his name never rang a bell. That’s why,”

Aeyoung walked towards the center of the podium, she spotted her brother in the crowd.

“I got really worried, and I think it’s only right that everyone should be informed of this.” She reasoned, she saw her mother stand up.

“Aeyoung, stop this right now!”

All eyes went to her, and she froze.

“How could we let a fraud like him hear all the company secrets, discuss sensitive matter and~”

“Aeyoung!” Kim Jiwook stood up from his seat, her brows rose in amusement as her bodyguards blocked him again.

“I think it’s only fair that he be dealt with, don’t you think? He’s been lying to us.”

“Aeyoung, you shouldn’t be mixing your personal feelings with work.” Her mother hissed at her, the girl turned to her.

“Personal feelings? I’m simply stating facts that if we let him continue working with us, it might endanger the company’s reputation. I am simply doing my job.” She clasped her palms together.

“So, I am leaving all these for the board to decide. I hope you make a wise decision.” She faced the people in the room again before sidestepping her mother, on her way to the door, she met gazes with Kim Jiwook.

She smirked at him before leaving the room.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++