016

His Lucky Strike

 

 

News of the recent events at JingXi Group had caught the attention of the media, and all eyes were on Aeyoung’s mother and her new beau. People were confused as to why the Jing heiress would marry such a man, or was it did she already know of his background.

Jeno reached out to switch the TV off lay flat on his bed.

It was getting a too crazy for him, and he was thankful that his sister was home.

And then he heard the door to his room open, he turned his head just as Ten and Yeoshin walked in.

“Hyung, noona.” He sat up.

“Your sister, where is she?” Ten asked him, Jeno blinked back at him.

“Well, we were supposed to get dinner together, but she never showed. Why?”

“Jeno-yah, we were also going to join you as well, but she never called us back.” Yeoshin spoke, Jeno stood up to check his phone, no call from his sister.

“And that was three hours ago.”

“You tried calling her?” Jeno replied, Ten nodded back before speaking.

“We have, but she’s not picking up. Even her secretary has no idea where she went.”

“Jeno, we have to know where she is. Because with what she just did earlier, we don’t know…If she angered some people. I mean, that Kim Jiwook is not exactly the most trustworthy type.”

“So, you’re saying, no one’s been able to reach her for hours?” Jeno asked, he was starting panic.

“Yes, nothing from her. Not even her office. And we think, it’s time to call the police.”

 

 

“What is this?”

Kun’s secretary chewed on his lower lip as his boss looked at the file before him.

“This is quite alarming, sir.”

“This is the name that kept on appearing while we were looking at Kim Jiwook’s file. Jeon Changkyu.” Kun read, the male nodded again.

“Well, I checked records on this male, he’s already deceased, sir.”

Kun paused, and looked up.

“So, why is his name always popping out?”

“Because he was Kim Jiwook’s best friend. He was reported missing about six years ago, his family kept on searching for him.”

Kun begun to review the files and his brows rose.

“His body was found just a few miles away from Seoul borders.”

“A dead friend and an ex-wife who’s gone missing. Don’t you think its strange, sir?”

Kun swallowed and ran his fingers through his hair.

“Call Aeyoung~”

“That’s the problem, sir. No one’s been able to reach her since this afternoon.”

Kun stood up from his seat, stunned.

“What?”

“Even her brother could not reach her, sir.”

“She was last seen driving away from the company earlier, can…you try calling her?” His secretary suggested, Kun nodded back, he grabbed his phone before leaving the office.

Meiyin, Meiyin.” He murmured as he dialed her number while waiting for the elevator. But before he could press the green icon.

I know everyone's looking for me, and they'd drag you into this.

I’m out for dinner with a cousin. Don’t worry.

I’m fine. I’m sorry I left in such a rude manner.

Best wishes to you and Anqi. –Meiyin.

Kun let out a big sigh and pressed his forehead against the wall.

 

 

“It just doesn’t make any sense, oppa.”

The male looked up from his seat, Aeyoung was nibbling on a chicken nugget across him.

“Your mother’s in love, Aeyoung. It makes sense.”

“Love.” She spat, the male chuckled.

“Don’t act as if you were never in love, princess.” She pointed out.

“I didn’t date a fraud, oppa. And, he’s causing so much trouble.” She murmured as she took another bite, the male before looked at him.

“Kun found out that he was married once, but we can’t find the woman. I forgot to ask him what the lady’s name is.” Aeyoung puffed her cheeks, the male before her smiled.

“I’ll look into if for you, don’t worry. And, stop pestering your ex-boyfriend. He’s bound to get married this year.” He pointed out with a teasing smile, Aeyoung waved him off.

“So, are you finally going to tell me what brings you here? You don’t exactly enjoy being linked to us.”

“You mean the large family business?” She chuckled, the male shook his head at her.

“I have a feeling that there’s more to this Kim Jiwook than what he’s letting us on, oppa. I’m just worried about my family and the company.”

“What do you need me to do?” He asked her, as he leaned forward.

“I need you to be my heir, oppa.”

“What?” He balked at her words, Aeyoung shrugged.

“Jeno’s too young for this, and I don’t want to disturb his studies. There may be a team that I….well, my mother might target me for this. That’s why, I need a backup plan.”

“Me?”

“Who else? People are afraid of you.”

The male sighed as the girl stretched her palm to him.

“In return, I’ll be as visible in here as you need me to be. Besides, a little corporate scandal will help, right?”

“Who am I to deny you, princess?” He muttered before taking her hand in his and shaking it firmly.

“Thank you, oppa.” She stood up and grabbed her purse, but the male caught her arm again.

“Ya, if anything happens, or something comes up, call me. You’re right, your mother’s fiancé might be a very dangerous person. Alright?”

Aeyoung nodded back before giving the male a quick hug and then she left his office, the male picked up his phone and dialed.

“Yes, sir?”

“I need you to look on something. A Kim Jiwook. Locate his first wife. And,”

“Add more guards in Aeyoung’s security team.”

 

 

Kun pursed his lips as he was joined by Ten and Yeoshin, he looked around the living room before speaking.

“She went to your office.”

“She did, but she left before I could…really talk to her.” Kun murmured, he was getting antsy with news of Aeyoung suddenly disappearing.

“That was after the party she threw for Kim Jiwook.” Ten spoke, Yeoshin chewed on her lower lip.

“I heard about what happened, Aeyoung was really angry. I didn’t know she would use that information like that.” Kun stated.

“Well, it’s out in the open now. Kim Jiwook is being investigated by the police. He might be detained for this.” Yeoshin stated, Kun shook his head.

“Have you tried calling her?” Kun aked, Ten nodded back.

“She’s not picking up, she drove herself too. So, her secretary doesn’t know where she is.”

Kun sighed and loosened his tie, he leaned back on his seat.

“But, you, you look stressed out.” Yeoshin pointed out, Ten paused.

“Did you fight? Is that why…you said you couldn’t really talk to her and she left?”

“No. I…” Kun trailed off, he chewed on the inside of his left cheek. He wasn’t sure whether he should tell the two regarding what he just found out about Kim Jiwook. He already had people combing through the city to search for her, and he also has eyes on Kim Jiwook as of the moment.

“Oh come on, Qian. If this is about Aeyoung, obviously it’s something.” Yeoshin was smiling, Ten eyed his friend warily.

“Aeyoung doesn’t know about my engagement.”

“She doesn’t, I think she blocked all news about you.” Yeoshin chuckled, Ten nudged her.

“Well, she found out by accident today, and I wanted to explain to her how that happened, but she just left.”

“W—Wait, how that happened? That what? Your engagement?” Yeoshin halted, confused.

“Yes.”

Ten tilted his head, now he was intrigued.

“But, you weren’t arranged to Anqi. I heard about it.” Ten spoke.

“Yes, it wasn’t arranged. I did it as a favor.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++