020

His Lucky Strike

 

“Anqi, do you even know why I asked you to marry me? Do you think I was the one who asked first?”

Anqi paused, Kun saw how his words confused the girl.

“W-What are you~”

“Kun ge.”

Kun halted, he heard his cousin walking behind him, he exhaled before stepping back from the girl.

“Don’t…go down that road.” Hendery intervened, Kun’s lips thinned before turning away.

“What are you trying to say?” Anqi said again, Kun stopped in his steps, Hendery saw how his cousin’s shoulder tensed up. He was trying to keep it together, to not lose his temper.

“Forget it, but,” Kun finally turned to face the girl, his voice was cool and measured. But it made Hendery panic slightly.

“Remember your boundaries.”

“I am your fiancé.” Anqi reminded him, defiant.

“I’ve known Meiyin all my life, and she matters more. I’m sorry.” He said flatly before stepping out of the front door, Hendery looked away and buried his hands in his pockets.

She heard Anqi sigh and the girl ran up to her room.

“Oh my god, he’s done it.” Hendery said to himself as he trudged towards the kitchen. He heard the loud purr of Kun’s Ferrari as he sped out of the house.

“This is going to be crazy.”

 

 

Aeyoung groaned as she pushed her laptop away from her, she ran her fingers through her hair before leaving her seat.

She couldn’t focus.

She could not explain what she was feeling, she was annoyed at the same time worried. She felt anxious that she did not understand a word Kun was saying earlier.

And the worst is that, all the things Anqi told her, it made her feel a certain way that irked her.

Aeyoung felt challenged.

She exhaled and closed her eyes.

“No, I must not bite into this. I am better than this.” She said to herself.

“I~”

She heard the doors open, she turned her head and found her brother standing by the doorway.

“Hey,”

“Noona, I…I don’t want to..meddle into your affairs, but, you were unfair.”

“Jeno~”

“Kun ge, he did everything to help us. Especially with restoring appa’s shed. And, it was no easy task too.”

Aeyoung nodded and took a deep breath.

“He wanted talk to you, that was all he wanted.”

“Jeno, you don’t understand, his fiancé came to me~”

“I know, I heard you two talking. But, noona, why would you let that get to you? Why couldn’t you just tell him that in a nicer way? In a much more mature way.”

“I..I..got angry.”

“At who? Kun ge? Or his fiancé?”

Aeyoung looked away and crossed her arms, Jeno sighed before giving his sister a hug.

“Kun ge has always been on our side, noona. Please remember that.”

 

 

Yeoshin chewed on her lower lip as she looked at her friend, Aeyoung was speaking with her secretary. And it was clear that the young miss was not in a pleasant mood.

“You want to…release all these?” Her secretary spoke, she nodded back.

“To the board?”

“No.” Aeyoung looked genuinely offended, Yeoshin puffed her cheeks.

“I want everyone to know, especially that prosecutor’s office, that Kim Jiwook has a friend, who died an unquestionable death, per se.”

“But, ma’am~”

“I know, it’s risky. But, remember, he’s no longer part of the company.”

“Yes, I am aware of that. However, the implications~”

“I want you to make sure, that no one, not even a paralegal is willing to help him. I know my mother has already contacted our family lawyer. How brazen.” She stated, the male nodded back.

“I’ll release this by today, ma’am.” He said, not wanting to further argue with the young lady.

“Aeyoung-ah,” Yeoshin spoke, but the girl suddenly smiled, as if recalling something.

“And,”

“Yes, vice president?”

“Lu Anqi.”

Yeoshin’s eyes widened, Aeyoung smiled before continuing.

“What about vice chairman Qian’s fiancé, ma’am?”

“I want to know more about her. She seems interesting.”

“Oh, dear.” Yeoshin murmured under her breath.

 

 

The media was on a roll with articles regarding the ex-director of the large JingXi Group, Ki Jiwook’s fraudulent ways are being talked about again. And now, people were curious as to why his ex-wife could not be found and why his friend was still missing.

And, in the middle of this mess, Meiyin was smiling to herself. She stepped out of her office, only to find her mother arguing with her secretary.

“Did you forget who~”

“Why are you bothering my secretary? He’s part of my staff, not yours.” She spoke, her mother’s cold gaze went to her.

“You!” The lady hissed at her, Meiyin smirked.

“Me.” She replied and tilted her head.

“How dare you? How dare you cause all this trouble for everyone and think that~”

“Trouble? For everyone? Do you think that all of the people in this building is worried over your fiancé, mother? I doubt that.”

“What are you getting out of this? Does it make you happy~”

“I am not happy, ma. I want you to wake up.” She said, her tone coming out harsh. Employees who were passing by were starting to stare.

“You, you will be the end of this company, Meiyin. You should be ashamed of yourself.” Miss Jing spat at her.

“So, it’s going to be me? The one with the real diploma and a non-fraudulent past?” She replied, her tone dry.

“What do you know? The only man you loved left you, what would a spoiled brat like you know?” Her mother yelled at her, Meiyin paused, her jaw clenched and unclenched.

“I don’t even blame Kun for leaving you, you’re a train wreck, daughter. Everything you touch, you destroy.”

“Meiyin,” A familiar voice made her look up, Aeyoung saw her mother halt when Kun between them.

“Please don’t do this here, auntie.” Kun said, his tone polite as he covered the elder’s view of the girl.

“K—Kun, I didn’t know~”

“It was my mistake for leaving her, don’t blame it on Meiyin. I was the one who was wrong.” Kun spoke, the elder shook her head.

“I didn’t mean it tha~”

Kun’s hand reached for Aeyoung’s and he gave it a slight grip, gently pushing her back.

“And, I don’t mean to interfere, but whatever happens, I just want you to know, that I’ll protect Meiyin no matter what. I don’t even care whom I’m going up against.“ Kun stated, he gave the elder a polite bow before pulling the girl with him towards the elevator.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++