001

His Lucky Strike

 

“I know; I did get his message last week. But, I can’t just cancel on Henderson Oil to put him in.” The girl argued as she crossed the street, she had her cup of venti green tea latte in one hand, and her Fendi purse on the other.

“It’s not possible, I have to be in Miami this weekend, who is he to tell me where to be?” She almost snapped as she walked in the café, her secretary flinched from the other line.

She was led to her usual table, the girl sat down and exhaled.

“No. Tell him I’ll be the one to set schedules, and remind him,” She said as she leaned back on her seat.

“His company is the one who needs help, not the other way around, so he doesn’t have the right to demand from me.”

“Yes, vice president. I’ll call you once a date has been finalized.”

“You don’t have to. I’m not going.” She smirked before putting her phone down, she exhaled before ordering her a salad and small blueberry muffin. She checked the time on the Panerai on her wrist, and she nodded to herself.

She needed to be in Brooklyn in about an hour for the meeting, and hopefully her driver doesn’t get stuck in traffic.

“Miss Lee, your usual.” The waiter arrived with her food, she smiled and thanked him before taking her phone out again.

She proceeded to check her emails while nibbling on a piece of carrot, and then she halted as a familiar name popped on the screen.

“Secretary Yoo?” She blinked, not expecting an email from her mother’s secretary. She simply tapped it open and then she froze. She dropped the carrot back on the bowl and straightened up on her seat.

The email simply read, Guest list for president Jing’s engagement.

Engagement?The young lady almost dropped her phone, she cursed under her breath and closed the app. She quickly dialed on the screen and pressed the device to her ear.

Agasshi, I wasn’t expecting you call.

Get me a jet.” She said as she stood up, she dropped a few hundreds on the table before rushing out of the café.

Y—Yes? At this hour?

I don’t care what time it is there, just get me a jet. Now.

 

 

“Do I have time to meet with the Shangs?” The male on the backseat of the chauffeured Mercedes Benz sedan spoke.

“Your flight is at ten in the evening, sir. Maybe a short meeting will be do.”

The male glanced at his phone’s screen, his brows rose.

“Okay, tell them to meet me at the office. Is this Beijing local time?” He spoke again, his secretary nodded back.

“Yes, sir. We arrive in Seoul at around~”

The male’s phone suddenly rang, he paused and looked at the screen.

“Doyoung-ah,”

“Hey, so where are you? Still in Beijing?”

“Yes, I am flying home tonight. What is it?”

“Have you seen the news? She’ll throw a fit over this.” Doyoung cackled.

“What are you talking about?” The car slowly pulled to a full stop and the young executive slid down from the vehicle.

“Auntie Jing’s engagement!”

That made him pause, his brows went up.

“She’s getting married?”

“Obviously, do you think she already knows?”

“She? As in…” He murmured as he headed for the sliding doors, he stepped in the lobby and employees bowed as he passed by.

“Your ex-girlfriend, yes. Auntie Jing’s daughter, duh.”

The male shook his head and got in the elevator.

“Of course she must know about it, she’s her daughter.” He wanted to roll his eyes.

“But, the timing seems odd, you know. News about it was just released today, and guess what, I got an invitation this noon.”

“It’s probably nothing, stop meddling.” He warned him.

“It’s just weird, you know. Anyway, I’ll see you when you get home.”

“Alright.” He nodded back and put his phone in his coat pocket, he tilted his head as he turned towards the glass, the elevator gave clear view of the busy city.

“I wonder if she’s doing well.” He said to himself in a quiet manner.

 

 

“Lee Jeno!”

The young male paused while trying to sling his backpack over his shoulder.

“You heading home early today?” His friend, Jaemin asked as they went down the university’s steps.

“I really need to get started on that Finance report. Why?”

“We’re planning to grab lunch with some of the guys from our History class.”

“Well, I have to pass. See you tomorrow?” Jeno replied, his friend nodded and slapped his arm before jogging towards his waiting car.

Jeno slid inside the vehicle and tapped the driver on the shoulder.

“Off to lunch, young master?”

“No, let’s head straight home, ahjussi.”

The male nodded and the started the engine, Jeno was about to text one of his classmates when his phone suddenly rang.

Ma?” He answered in Chinese, he scrunched his nose briefly.

Son, are you free tomorrow?

Well, I have~

Good, join us for lunch. Jiwook wants to see you, and it has been a while. We live in the same house and yet I rarely see you nowadays.

Jeno sighed and chewed on the insides of his cheeks.

Shall I send the car for you?

Jeno felt his driver glance at him, and he rolled his eyes. The older male smiled and gave him an encouraging nodded.

No, it’s fine, ma. Just send me the address.” Jeno replied, he ended the call before his mother could talk again.

“You know what, ahjussi? I miss noona.”

The male laughed.

“I bet the president doesn’t miss her as much.”

“Well, if she were here, that Jiwook person would be filleted already.”

 

 

A young girl dressed in a pair of leggings and an oversized Balenciaga hoodie stepped out of arrivals, she had a pair of thick rimmed sunglasses that framed her face nicely.

“Young miss,” A male in dark suit approached her, he was holding onto a car key.

“Thank you for meeting me. And for keeping my arrival a secret.” She said as she took the item from him, the male smiled and took her luggage from her.

“It’s nothing, young miss. Welcome home.”

Home? Ew.

“Send them to the house. What’s Jeno up to?” She spoke as they moved forward.

“The young master is still probably at school, or at lunch. He usually prefers to eat with his friends.” He said as he followed her, they stepped out the sliding doors and the girl found the parked Corvette across them.

“You can go, I will drive myself.” She dismissed the male politely before moving ahead. She got inside the vehicle and slowly removed her sunglasses.

She started the vehicle’s engine and a small playful smile appeared on her lips.

Her phone pinged twice and she looked at the screen, a tiny red dot was blinking back at her.

Showing the girl her mother’s exact location.

“Lunch at my favorite restaurant. Perfect.” She hummed as she drove away from the airport lot, she stepped on the pedal sped off to the highway.

“Too bad they didn’t invite me.” She smirked as the GPS unit directed her to nearest.

“I’d rather destroy a wedding than some lunch though, but,” She glanced at her phone’s screen again.

“Ma deserves a surprise as well.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++