Chapter One

Please Stay, Don't Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Waaaaaa! I can't do this!" Ahn Yujin closed the buyer's guide with a snap strong enough to send some of the pamphlets in front of her flying to the carpeted floor.

Ever since the word got out that she bought a new house, everyone has been nagging her to throw a housewarming party. The problem is, she hasn't started decorating yet. Except for a small coffee table, which was a gift from her realtor, there's nothing else in her new house. She's still living at her old apartment and she couldn't bring the furnitures she has since it isn't hers in the first place.

"Ya, why are you so grumpy this early in the morning?" Kim Chaewon, Yujin's morning show co-host, asked nonchalantly, entering the dressing room with her usual straight face.

Yujin ignored the question. "This is driving me nuts!"

"Oh, so this is about your housewarming party," Chaewon answered her own question.

Yujin let out a sigh, finally acknowledging her co-host's presence. "Why are you even here? Don't you have your own dressing room?"

"Air-conditiong issue," Chaewon answered, sitting on one of the chairs beside her.

"That's still not fixed?" Yujin replied with a smirk.

Chaewon simply shrugged as a response, picking up a hair brush.

It made Yujin roll her eyes. When she realized that her co-host was no longer interested in talking, she went back to looking through the buyer's guide.

A few moments later, one of the morning show's segment producers entered the dressing room with the scripts.

"Hi, ladies. One of our guests is running a bit late, but the interview segment will start as scheduled," the segment producer explained, putting down the scripts in front of the hosts.

Yujin picked up hers, immediately scanning the guests' profiles. She knew what today's topic would be, but her eyes widened as she read one of the underlined names at the topmost part of the page.

"Kim Minjoo? I thought we were only interviewing Miyawaki Sakura," Chaewon asked, a bit confused, voicing out the question Yujin was afraid to ask.

The segment producer smiled. "They're friends, and it seems like they have decided to collaborate. She's an in-demand interior designer from America and she's joining Sakura's building and design business here in Korea." 

Yujin was too stunned to react. No. It can't be her. Not a chance.

"Hope she speaks Korean well," Chaewon said with a laugh.

The segment producer laughed back. "Of course. She's really pretty, too."

Chaewon grinned. "Now that's interesting."

Asking if the guest can speak Korean well is an inside joke. It started when Sakura made her first appearance on their lifestyle segment, where she literally struggled. It took her an awful lot of time to explain how to make a certain interior space functional, which was the main goal of her being on the show.

It turned out well in the end, despite her broken Korean. She might have sounded unfit, but her personality was commendable. The segment with her in it easily became one of the morning show's most hilarious segments. Everybody loves her.

Yujin was no longer listening. In her mind, she could only see a beautiful girl wearing a pair of washed out jeans and a hoodie, sitting at the waiting area in the brightly lit airport and staring at her phone as if her life depended on it. It was an agonizing sight, and her heart still breaks every time she remembers it.

It was the last time that she'd seen her, the only best friend she truly cared for. She still cares, if she's being honest. If only she was brave that time, she could have come to her and hug her, tell her that everything would be all right. But, no. She was scared. She was so scared that she chose to speak to her on the phone rather than in person.

Yujin could still remember how her best friend's eyes lit up when she saw who was calling.

"I hate you," she said, suppressing the tears threatening to fall down her own cheeks.

If only the person on the other line paid more attention, she would have known that Yujin's voice cracked when she said it.

"But I'll wait for you."

And, if only, the beautiful Kim Minjoo listened carefully, she would have heard the rest of it.

"Ya, Yujin! Are you listening?"

Yujin snapped out of her daydream. "W-wh-what?"

"Wow! Seriously?" Chaewon looked at her co-host in disbelief.

"What is it?"

Chaewon let out a sigh, waving her hand as if to tell that it no longer matters. "I guess you can just review your script and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter