Chapter Thirteen

Please Stay, Don't Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin has been staring at the same spot on the wall for 30 minutes now. She hasn't moved an inch, sitting frozen in her place on the couch. She would have remained like that if it hadn't been for the light tap on her shoulder.

She looked up, tilting her head slightly to the right, only to see Minjoo standing in front of her with a worried expression.

"Are you okay? You seem deep in thought," Minjoo observed.

The moment her mind registered who it was, a deep sigh escaped her, her whole body pulsed, and she felt every nerve in her body tingle.

"Minjoo," she cried out, immediately standing up and opening her arms, reaching out to the person she missed the most.

Although slightly surprised, Minjoo welcomed her in her arms. "You've missed me that much, huh? Have you been thinking about me?"

A soft hum escaped from . She tightened her embrace. "Of course. I've missed you so much. It felt like I haven't seen you in forever."

"I've missed you a lot, too," Minjoo replied with a light chuckle.

Hearing her girlfriend's melodious voice made her feel weak in the knees. "How was your meeting?" she asked, changing the subject.

Minjoo pulled away a little to stare at her eyes. "It went well. Seems like we're getting more revenues."

The ends of Yujin's lips curled up. "That's good to hear. Seems like all your sleepless nights paid off, then."

"I guess, but enough about me," Minjoo answered with a soft laugh. "How was your trip? I want you to tell me everything."

They moved to the couch, holding each other's hands and staring deeply into each other's eyes.

"Jeju is...just so beautiful. I wish you were there to see it with me," Yujin faltered a little, managing to answer, but not with a sad smile.

"What's with that look?" Minjoo asked, noticing the change in Yujin's expression. "We'll definitely visit it together next time. I promise."

"I know. Still, it would have been nicer if you were there with me," she reiterated. Then, with a slightly whining tone, she continued, "I was counting on Chaewon to keep me company during the trip, but she was always on her phone. Apparently, she's dating someone now, but, for some reason, she won't tell me who it is."

The mood changed, again, and Minjoo seemed relieved. "Really? Any ideas on who it might be? A colleague, maybe?"

She wrinkled her eyebrows at the thought. "I haven't thought about it much, but I have a feeling it's Wonyoung."

Minjoo could no longer hide the surprise on her face. "Wonyoung? And Chaewon? Together? Wow."

"Seems like it. I still need to confirm it, though. I haven't seen them together yet, but I've seen Wonyoung lurking in the building more than once last week."

A mischievous smile graced Minjoo's lips. "Wonyoung would have some explaining to do, but I can sort of picture it. They do look good together."

Yujin nodded slowly with a hint of playfulness in her eyes. "Do you think they're as good as us being together? Or are we better?"

"Yah! What kind of question is that?" Minjoo gulped, a blush immediately becoming evident on her cheeks, as if she could sense something close to a heaven on earth experience lurking nearby.

Yujin laughed out loud, watching her girlfriend with conflicting levels of need. She then pulled Minjoo's hands to wrap it around her neck, while her own arms s around the latter's waist.

"Ugh, I miss you even though you're so close. Even though you're right next to me, I still miss you," she blurted out without thinking, inhaling the scent that only Minjoo has, letting her emotions take control.

"Don't you think that's too dramatic?" Minjoo teased with a short laugh.

She pulled away a little, regarding her with a frown. "Why do you have to ruin the moment?"

"Huh? What moment?"

"You know what I meant!" she half yelled, glaring before completely pulling away from her, her body moving to the farthest end of the couch in just mere seconds.

Minjoo laughed at what seemed to her like a childish behavior, but which she found absolutely adorable. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry. Come here."

Her frown deepened. "I hate you."

"No, you don't."

"Yeah, I don't," she gave in. "I love you."

Minjoo allowed a wide grin to spread across her face, bringing out the lovely dimples under her eyes. "I love you, too. Wanna get out of here?"

While the frown has been long gone, Yujin could not help but push her bottom lip forward. "That's so sudden. How about your work?"

"Don't worry about it. I have the rest of the afternoon reserved just for you. So, what do you think?"

"Hmm." Yujin pretended to think. "Depends on where you'd take me."

 

 

 

They ended up heading to the park where Yujin first confessed her feelings to Minjoo.

There seemed to be some sort of silent agreement between them: sitting together, hands intertwined, and with music to boot. It was as if the bad memories from that one spring day don't even exist.

Yujin couldn't help but smile. Beside her was Minjoo bobbing her head to a song about airplanes, looking carefree and happy as she'd never seen her, and she wished she could freeze this moment and have it etched on her mind and heart forever.

If only Minjoo didn't break the silence, bringing up the exact memory she wanted to somehow forget.

"Remember that day when you first told me you like me?" Minjoo asked once the last beat of the song vibrated through their shared earphones.

Well, who was she kidding? How could she forget? It was the same day she felt so heartbroken as she watched the girl she cares about the most slowly vanished from her sight for the second time around.

She was a little surprised by the question, but still replied, "Yes, I do. You didn't respond. You left me, instead."

It wasn't the reply she wanted to give, but she was too late. A still and sorrowful smile already crossed Minjoo's face.

"I did. I had to," the latter replied.

Yujin knew that they were talking about a different day, bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter