Chapter Three

Please Stay, Don't Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How could you do that? Do you really hate me that much?" a raging Yujin entered the meeting room, her gaze directed at her co-host.

Chaewon raised an eyebrow at Yujin. "Do what? Also, I don't just hate you. I loathe you."

With a shocked expression, Yujin sarcastically clutched her chest as if she was in pain, but her annoyance was far more superior for her to be joking around, so she continued, "You set me up on a blind date! Without my permission!"

Chaewon rolled her eyes with a smirk. "Shouldn't you be thanking me, instead?"

Just in time, the staff entered the room with platters of food. This shut Yujin up as she heard her stomach growl in response to the glorious smell of garlic chicken filling the room.

"We'll talk about this later," Yujin snapped, grabbing a plate and immediately filling it with food.

Chaewon dissolved into fits of laughter as she watched her co-host being won over by food. "Whoa. Slow down, Yujin-ah. I know you love food, but that's a lot of chicken," she teased.

Yujin only glared back in response, moving to the farthest seat available so she could eat her chicken in peace.

 

An hour later, just before Chaewon could enter the elevator, Yujin stopped her with a hand on her arm.

Chaewon turned around in surprise. "My god, Yujin. What are you doing sneaking up on me like that?"

Yujin's brows met in a furious frown.

"If you're here to complain about the date—"

"Complain?" Yujin cut her off. "Do you really think I'll go?"

"Unless you have another date planned, yes, you should go. You've been single all your life. I'm just helping you out."

Clearly annoyed, Yujin replied, "What's wrong with being single?"

Chaewon let out a sigh. "Nothing's wrong with being single, but you're not even trying."

"And you think that going out on a date with a random stranger, that who knows maybe you just met on the streets, is what you call 'trying?'" Yujin said, using her fingers to quote the last word.

Chaewon couldn't help but smack a palm on her forehead, looking like she also wanted to smack her head on the wall.

"Jeez, Yujin. I can't ever win with you. Wonyoung is a good friend of mine. I just found out that she's also single that's why I thought maybe you two can meet. Just get to know each other. It's not like I'm setting you two up to get married the next day."

"Get married?" Yujin looked like she heard something scandalous. "No way! That's ridiculous. Also, I already have a date planned for tomorrow."

"Oh, really? With whom?"

"Minjoo."

Chaewon stared at Yujin, long and hard, expecting the latter to give more detail, but she only got a fidgeting puppy-like human who couldn't look at her straight in the eye. "Oh my god. A date with Minjoo?"

"I-I might have asked her out on a d-date," Yujin blurted out. "I panicked, okay! When I got the message from—what's her name again, Won—anyway, I panicked. I don't know her and I would rather go out with someone I already know."

Chaewon has gone speechless.

"Also, I already met with Minjoo yesterday."

The older girl tried hard to process everything. "You—what?"

"God, I must have eaten too much chicken. What have I done? Anyway, we had dinner together. It seems all right with her if we meet again tomorrow. She said she does have something to ask me about the design of the house. I told her I know a really good place where we can talk and that they have mouth-watering samgyupsal and—"

"Yujin-ah," Chaewon interrupted.

"—she thinks it's awesome. I've been craving for—what?"

"You're rambling," Chaewon answered with a grin.

"I'm—what?" Yujin asked, confused. "And why are you smiling?"

"You like her, don't you?"

Shock crossed Yujin's face, dropping open slightly. Her slack-jawed expression made Chaewon grin wider.

"I knew it. You two do look good together," she remarked. "I'll just tell Wonyoung that you have an emergency."

The elevator door opened just in time, and Chaewon happily stepped in, leaving a dumbfounded Yujin who was yet to recover from the revelation.

"See you on Monday!" Chaewon added, smiling broadly as the elevator door shut close.

Yujin closed her eyes, trying to remember how to breathe. When she realized what her co-host said, the elevator door already closed and she coud no longer voice out her protest.

She could not believe that she just lost to Chaewon. First, she was set up on a blind date without permission. Second, she was berated for being single. And, third, her feelings were exposed. To top it off, she would have to go on a date with Minjoo.

 

And, now, was the day. The moment she realized what she has gotten herself into, the clock has already turned and any moment now, her childhood best friend would be stepping out of her apartment building.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter