Chapter Seven

Please Stay, Don't Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin could not remember how many times she has played the same image over and over again in her head. Today wasn't an exception. She's been thinking about it again—her arms wrapped around Minjoo's small frame, head rested atop hers, eyes half closed, lips curved, and a hand her back. She's been getting less sleep thinking of it.

"Earth to Yujin," Chaewon entered the dressing room, interrupting her thoughts.

They already wrapped up the show. Another week has ended. Yujin was just supposed to get her things and leave.

"Why are you still here?" she asked her co-host with an annoyed tone.

Chaewon looked unbothered. "Wonyoung wants to treat us for lunch. She says it's her way of saying thank you."

As part of Yujin's deal with Wonyoung, one where she got help in cooking in exchange of an access pass, the latter was granted a special access pass to their building for an entire week with the help of Chaewon, and today was the last day.

"I'm sorry," Yujin replied, grabbing her coat and bag. "But I'm meeting someone today."

"Minjoo?"

"H-how—"

Chaewon released a small laugh. "How did I know? Yujin, you've been saying her name nonstop this whole week. Minjoo this, Minjoo that. I'm not deaf. Or dumb."

"I wasn't—"

"Oh, please, stop. Just go. But remember that you still owe me one."

"What do you mean?"

"Wonyoung? Access pass? Did you really think that thank you is enough?"

"Fine. But not today."

Chaewon giggled. "Of course. Who am I to get in the way of romance?"

"W-what? That's—"

Wonyoung's head poked in the door. "Are we not leaving yet?" she asked with a pout, but then she saw Yujin and her expression immediately changed into a smile. "Yujin!"

"Wonyoung," Yujin greeted casually.

The tall girl eventually entered the room. "You did great today! As always."

"Uhm—thanks, I guess."

"Wanna join us for lunch? My treat!"

Chaewon had to laugh. "Sorry, Wonyoung. I already asked, but Yujin has a date today."

"It's just a—"

"With Minjoo?" Wonyoung asked excitedly.

"Will you two let me finish?"

"No," Wonyoung and Chaewon answered in unison. "But we'll let you be with Minjoo," the latter added.

"Oh my god."

And, with that, Yujin left the room. She could still hear their laughter even after she closed the door.

 

After a 15-minute drive, Yujin finally arrived at her new house. One of the large front windows was open, an indication that someone was inside. She turned the knob, and she was right, the door was unlocked. Only one other person has a spare key to the house. She stepped inside, her heels making some clickety clack sounds on the tiled floor.

"Yujin, is that you?" a voice, which sounded like it came from the kitchen, asked.

She walked towards the kitchen.

"Yeah, it's me—is that what I think it is?" She was easily distracted by the paint roller on Minjoo's hand, more so when she got a clearer look of the older girl's appearance.

Minjoo's hair was tied in a messy ponytail, her white shirt and jeans—even her white sneakers—were covered with splats of blue paint, coupled with a sheepish grin on her face.

"Have you been painting the house?"

Minjoo chuckled softly, looking a bit embarrassed. "Kinda."

"Kinda? But that's not part of your job!"

A look of disappointment crossed Minjoo's face. It was gone in a flash, but Yujin swore that she saw it.

"The painting materials have arrived. The men will come later today to paint, but I got bored looking around so I started painting. I just made a mess, didn't I?"

Yujin's voice softened. "No. You didn't. But you shouldn't feel obligated to do anything else other than thinking of the design of the house."

"I kinda like doing this, though."

"Well, you've actually done a great job." Yujin acknowledged after seeing the half-painted wall. The color was steel blue, which she remembered choosing among the color palettes Minjoo showed to her earlier in the week. They've been emailing each other regarding the design, discussing each detail, and exchanging ideas.

"It's just first coating," Minjoo replied, running the paint roller back to the wall.

"Can I try?" Yujin wasn't sure what has gotten into her, but something about the way Minjoo was rolling the paint drew her in.

"You wanna paint, too?" A look of surprise was visible on Minjoo's face.

Yujin nodded. "Can I?"

The answer made the other smile. "Of course. Here."

She took the paint roller that was offered to her and carefully ran it through the wall. "Oh. This is so satisfying."

"Right? But Yujin?"

"Yeah?"

Would they finally talk about what happened last Sunday—the tight hug that came after Minjoo's emotional outburst, her response to it, the moment she gave her the spare key to the house, letting her in, allowing her into her world, or even the little hand squeeze Minjoo gave her before she left the car?

"Shouldn't you be changing to a different set of clothes?"

Or maybe not. Her eyes immediately darted towards what she was wearing. She was still in her work clothes, a simple light blue dress that she chose herself for today's broadcast. "But I didn't bring any. You don't happen to have a spare shirt, do you?"

Minjoo walked to the kitchen counter to pick up a gray hoodie. "This should at least help cover your dress."

"B-but that's your hoodie."

"So?"

"I mean, I might get paint on it."

"Don't worry about it. Just put it on," Minjoo insisted.

Heat crept up her cheeks, and she wasn't even sure why. It was just a hoodie. Giving in, she took the hoodie and put it on. It smelled nice—sweet like some tropical fruit—and she couldn't help but think how comfortable the hoodie felt on her skin. Soon, she realized it. She was wearing her hoodie. Her hoodie? Minjoo's hoodie. Oh my god.

"Hmm? What is it? What happened?"

Upon realizing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter