Golden Star (PART 1)

The Day I Met A Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica's POV

It was void up in the sky. no entertainment or whatsoever that is there on earth. we exist for the humans. we, the stars are created to guide the humans on earth and to be the mediator between the sky and earth. we hear and granted their wishes. we do not grant wishes of humans that roots from selfish intent, only those that are pure and kind.

 

Up here we could see what is happening in their lives, we watch them 24/7. unlike the known stars, i am different. i was unique and new. I kind of look like gold thus my name chrysanfénios. some stars land on the earth ocassionally to see the events there up close and i'm not one of them at first. just by looking at the earth up here, i can already tell it's chaotic and the nature of humans are evil. 

 

Here on sky we have a huge screen where we can see the wishes and stories of the lives of each human beings. 

 

Before we grant or answer their wishes, it must be approved first by the deity of the sky. 

 

One time, i tried visiting the earth since most of the stars did and never came back. I wanted to know what lead them to make such a huge sin. As stars who are created for humans and are obliged to serve them by granting wishes and looking after them...we are not allowed to stay longer on earth or even live as a human forever. It was a rule that we must follow. Those who rebelled were made accountable for their sins and died. 

So i went on earth for the first time and changed into my human form. I landed in a place near the lake. It was such a bad landing because there were two men who saw me and they followed me as i tried to escape.

 

"HEY!!! STOP RIGHT AWAY BEFORE WE SHOOT YOU!" I heard one of them say.

 

I kept on running through the forest. they were still following me, they even informed the villagers in that area to follow me and get a grip of me. I saw wooden house on the tree top and went there to hide.

 

I was shocked to see a young girl inside. 

 

"why are you ?" she asked me and so i covered for them not to hear her. they might sense that i am inside this house and get a hold of me. 

 

I looked at the window, when i saw the torch light that they are holding were moving away from my sight, i removed my hands and looked at the girl. "what do you mean?" it's my first time here on earth and i don't know what's that supposed to mean.

 

"you should be wearing something like this." she said while pointing at her the thing that is on her.

 

"why?" 

 

"it's because you are . here, i have something to cover you." she put something long on me, wrapping it on my body. 

 

"that's my only blanket but i'm glad to give it to you so you wouldn't feel cold." she smiled sweetly at me. I guess, humans aren't bad at all. 

 

I couldn't remember what i said to her or what her name is, i could only remember her smile with a hint of sadness when i told her that i would be leaving. Since then, i saw her grow from a far through the huge screen we have up here and saw her had a nice life without me. That's when i learned not to get attach with humans. I came back once again many years after. 

I would visit the earth a few times then will return again just to wander around the place. 

 

That's when I saw a houses being burned down by fire. It was not my intention to meddle with human affairs but i still did, i don't know why but it feels innate in me.

 

As i was passing by, an old woman kept asking the people around the place to save her granddaughter. 

 

I don't understand having human emotions. it but i am in my human form and i couldn't resist it, so i did without them knowing. I went to the house of the old woman and searched for the kid using my power. I saved the kid from the burning house and gave her to the old woman. She was so thankful to me. I could only nod and look at the kid. She looked familiar, she looked like the girl from many years ago. she was unconscious as the old woman carried her and a firefighter came telling her he found her other grandchild. I chose not to look back, i just hate the feeling that i was feeling that time. It's something i buried long time ago. 

 

But then again i found myself seeing the old woman again after a year, we met again in a store nearby. 

 

"you have a strange look," she told me. 

 

And i was about to leave her when she hold my hand. "i know you aren't human, i can see it." 

 

I don't know how she did that, she's probably a half human or has a third eye. 

 

"I know you saved my granddaughter before and i would ask you a favor, please watch over her. i'm getting old and i won't last long in this earth i just need you to watch over her." 

I didn't respond, I don't make promises with humans. I don't like being burden about it. After that encounter, I went back to the sky and my curiousity led me to watch over her grandchild. Unk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter