Cold As You

The Day I Met A Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yuri's POV 

I felt sick when i woke up. I don't know if i'm just hungry or i just need more sleep. I look at the time and sighed.  

school . 

I was about to stand up so i can fix my beddings when my knees felt weak and i fell instead. 

'Why am I feeling weak?' I asked myself as i messed my hair frustatedly.

I heard a knock from the door so i crawled my way towards the knob and opened it. 

Taeyeon saw me on the floor. "Why are you lying there? did something happen to you?"

I shook my head and cling onto her arm as a support. "Nothing to worry about my knees just felt weak."

"Nothing to worry about??? what if it's something serious? come on, let's go to the hospital now." she was panicking and i could only laugh at her face.

"Do you think it's funny???" she asked again.

"I'm sorry but your face," I said, controlling my laughter. "You know i don't like going to the hospital unless i'm visiting sooyoung." she took me outside and assist me until i reached the chair. 

I sat on it and watched her as she placed a plate on the table, infront of me. "Are you sure you're fine? you should prioritized your health over your pride. I know you're just afraid to see minho there but yuri--" 

"I said it's nothing to worry about!" I told her, almost shouting. 

She was surprised at my reaction. 

"I'm sorry. i just don't want you to worry about me, i'm fine okay? plus i already saw him there last time." I tried to sound calm as i don't want to argue on a tuesday morning. 

Taeyeon bit her lower lip. "It's okay, i understand." she replied in a low tone. 

I know taeyeon, she always talk in a low tone when she's uncomfortable or anxious. 

I cleared my throat, thinking of a new topic until i remember jessica. "where's jessica?" I looked around and saw none.

Taeyeon sat infront. "I don't know, when i wake up she's gone. don't worry too much, she probably just bought something or went somewhere." 

went somewhere??? without me???

why would she do that? she doesn't even have her own money to begin with. 

"but she doesn't even have her own money! she doesn't even know who her family is what if she's in danger right now? we have to do something." I was facepalming, frustated at the fact that she's gone this early. 

She snorted. "you're overeacting. she's a grownup okay??? she won't be lost for goodness sake so eat your breakfast now before it turns cold." she then took a spoonful of omu rice and swallowed it, munching happily. 

I don't know why she's so chill when she should be panicking right now. Ugh, fine i might be overeacting. 

I tried to focused on eating but i can't help it. I decided to take a bath already and once i'm done, i wear my clothes and fetch my coat. 

My hair is still dripping wet and messy but i don't mind. 

Taeyeon noticed that i was wearing my coat. "Are you going to school already?" 

"Nope, i'll be looking for jessica so might as well bring my stuffs when you go to school, i'll be heading now." I told her as i rushed my way out of the house. 

It's winter season, she shouldn't be out in the cold. 

I don't know where to look for her, i just let my feet dragged me to any place. 

Oh no. 

Not now. 

Juran was right there infront of me. Dressed in all brown, except that her coat is white. "Yuri, i-i want to give you a ride. we could talk in a coffee shop for a while since it's too early...what do you think?" she smiled a little. 

I wanted to turn her offer down. I still have to look for jessica but the look in her eyes got me soft. "Okay but we won't take long. I still have things to do." I saw her smiled brightly this time. 

I wish i could say i miss her. 

She put her hand on the pocket of my coat as we walked towards her car, the thing she often do when we were together.

We entered the car, put our seatbelts on and then she started driving. Juran was actually 3 years older than me but compared to me, she's rich. Hella rich. 

I met her when she was having a vacation here in seoul with her family. I guess you knew how it goes, we fell in love at first sight and then months after that, we started dating. I actually don't believe in love at first sight because it doesn't always end well. Luckily, we lasted for 2 years and a half until she met that japanese guy. End of . 

"you seemed to be in deep thoughts, mind sharing?" She was all smiling as she took a left turn. 

"I'm not, just focused on driving." I replied timidly. 

I know it's been a long time but you can't just forget someone easily. I can't say i have moved on, i just stopped thinking about her. But my heart never stop beating for her. 

I looked at the window, watching the snow fall. 

I stared at her when I heard our song was playing on the radio. "It's boring without music so i--"

"It's alright." I assured her. 

The song that binds us together, the song that would put you to sleep whenever I sang it for you. We used to sing it together, we used to be in harmony until it became out of tune and i was left singing it alone. 

[Playing on the radio: Cause I'll be waiting for you trying just to get through]

I was tapping my hands, matching it with the beat of the song. "Tell me what do." I covered my mouth when I noticed i sang out loud. 

I thought she would just shrugged it off but she didn't. "Just tell me what to do." she sang to it as well. 

Oh, how i missed this. 

"And i've been up the whole night trying to get my head right," I sang once again. "Wow, good old days." I commented. 

I really can't believe that we were jamming to it like we're still lovers, like we didn't break up at all. 

I was just staring at her until she took a glance at me. "No matter what I do, all I want is you." she told me. 

I don't know how to respond. 

I was idling. 

I blinked my eyes three times just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Silly of me to even think about it, she already made it clear that she wanted me back. 

Before i could even respond, she started talking. "It was the n-next line, i just said it. oh, we're here already." she sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter