Inevitable

The Day I Met A Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica's POV

The sun's brightness made me open my eyes. Oh, it's already morning. As I was about to stand up, I saw tiffany entered my room. 

"Where the did you go?!" I could sense the anger in her voice.

"I-I was just..."

"Don't you dare lie to me, jessica! what did I tell you, huh? you should not go back there, humans will only cause you harm and yet you didn't listen. why? you forgot already what yuri did to you???" I was taken a back with what she said. She knew me well better than any other humans, she was like my own kind. 

"I'm sorry," I muttered. I know it was wrong of me to keep in touch with them and now I feel guilty. 

She took a deep breath, closing her eyes to control herself from getting mad at me. "I know you still care about that woman but damn it jessica, you should never make a reckless move or harm yourself in any way just for a human. Yes, we are here as guardians and grant their wishes but it is never our duty to risk our life for them. Look at you, you look pale. you passed out yesterday and i assumed you used your power to escape a terrifying situation." 

I stood up and cupped her face. "I'm really sorry tiffany I know you were just concerned about me."

She held my hand and smiled. "Thanks, i know i reprimanded you a lot and it annoys you so much but please do consider my advice."

I nodded.

"I hate to say this but if you ever plan on visiting yuri again then at least try to be safe. I still hate her though but I can't do anything to stop you if you still insist." Hearing that from tiffany made me jumped out of joy. 

I hugged her tight. "Thank you so much, tiffany. you're the best! I'm glad to have you as my friend." I told her. 

She moved away from me with a blank expression. "By the way, how's yuri? did you notice some changes in her or...?"

I stared at her weirdly. "She's good. what do you mean by changes?"

She casually smiled. "N-nothing, let's go eat some breakfast I'm sure you're hungry." She hurriedly left the room. 

...or was it a smirk? nah, I might be seeing it wrong. 

***

Tiffany dropped me off to work, she bid me goodbye like the usual and left. I turned around and gasped as I saw yuri.

"How are you?" she asked.

I crossed my arms. "you know you shouldn't be here, your girlfriend might be upset and-"

She hugged me just like that. I was surprised but the warmth and longing I could feel it was there too so I let her be. 

"Next time you leave please let me know, I was worried sick about you." she said, burrying her face on my neck. 

I nodded, tapping her back. "Okay, let go of me now." 

She scratched her neck and remove her arms off me. "Ah, yeah sorry about that."

I bit my lower lip. "So uhh...taeyeon texted me inviting me to uhh...an event in your school. I'll be attending so yeah, see you next week." 

"What?! you have her number but not mine? why would you go to a grad ball? do you even know what that is?" I examined her face as she said those things to me, she's really cute when she's frustrated. 

I gave her a mocking smile. "I don't need yours and I don't even care what event that is, I want to go and no one can stop me not even you." I went inside and she followed me.

"W-wait jessica!"

"Oh here you are the girl who always come to work according to her own time. A service crew acting like a boss, nice." 

I rolled my eyes at hyoyeon. "Yes, good afternoon to you too." 

She then nudged yuri. "And you? what are you doing here? do you really want juran to stranggle my neck?!" 

Yuri pursed her lips towards me. "I'm here because of her."

I didn't know it would feel this good to know she was really concerned about me. 

Hyoyeon stepped on her left shoe. "Aish! get a hold of yourself!" she reprimanded her and dragged her away from me. 

I watched them as they become farther and farther away. If I could have yuri in my sight forever then I would. Just the thought of not seeing her again breaks my heart. I wish she knew I was really happy to see her again.

 I really missed her.

A lot. 

Yuri's POV

"Yah! it hurts stop dragging me!" I complained. 

We reached the rooftop and finally let go of me. "Yuri, I've been friends with you for a long time. I knew you even before jessica does. I was there when you decided that you prefer briefs over undies-"

"Yah!" 

Hyoyeon snickered. "As i was saying, you better get a hold of yourself! juran is your girlfriend now please don't be a cheater."

"Yah, watch your mouth. I'm not cheating, i just care for jessica. that's it, nothing more." I replied defensively. 

"You care for her more than juran?"

"Yes!" She raised an eyebrow at me.

"I mean no, i-it was an honest mistake, t-trust me." I mentally cursed myself. Why are you so dumb, yuri???

She shook her head. "See, you slippe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter