Heart Vacancy

Lumière
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The morning when Chaeyeon first arrived at her new school, her then bestfriends were not aware of her peculiar existence as they were on the run from Miss Kwon.

They only properly meet Chaeyeon when they got scolded by Miss Shiroma because they came late to class.

The reason due was because they got an important mission.

The three of them had been sneaking around the garden at the back of their school since early morning.

 

“Yoo Yujinnie, pick the best flower quick!”, Sakura says as she managed to pry open the garden’s lock.

“How should I know? I never knew anything about her. Except she took my breathe away. She is as soft as cotton candy, as pure as the snow, as cold as the ice, as b..”

“Ahh shhhh Yujin! Quick! Pick one! Mr Kim will kill us if he sees us here!”, Yena cut Yujin’s wandering mind off.

They need to be quick before the gardener come and catch them.

 

Sakura, who cannot stand panicked clueless Yujin, picked a Red Tulip carefully and they then sneaked out the garden.

Sitting at their usual spot, Sakura complimented Yujin’s love letter with the Tulip she just picked.

“Yah Yujin. Did you write the letter already?” Yena asked. They needed to be fast as they have to place the letter before anyone arrived.

“Yes. I wrote it last night. But I don’t know if I write it good or not” Yujin spent her night writing and crumbling papers as she felt incomplete writing those letters.

She does not know how to get her feeling across.

“The content doesn’t matter. What matter is that, did you say what you want to say?” Sakura stated, placing her hand on Yujin’s shoulder.

“What did you write though?” Yena was curious because she never see Yujin in lovey dovey mode. She is always that hyperactive sugar rush kid.

(And Yena also needed some tips on writing it)

Yujin took few seconds to think.

Before she answered Yena’s question.

“I just wrote what my heart says”

 

They sealed the letter with heart shaped sticker and Sakura attached a tulip’s petal on the outside not forgetting to scatter some of the petal inside the envelope too.

 

(Red tulips are the hue of choice to express that you are deeply in love. The color red evokes passion and romance. Source: easternfloral.com)

 

“What class is she in Jinnie?”

“She is in 2-3”

“Oh she’s our block mate?” Sakura was shocked knowing the girl that Yujin had her eyes on is of the same age and even on same block as them. Only thing is she in different floor.

She thought the girl is their junior.

Judging from her innocent look.

(You should never guess someone’s age by their face Kkura ya)

 

The three of them walked slowly to the said class, clicking on the flashlight through their phone to find the latter’s desk.

They look like a bunch of peeping toms.

They entered the class quickly and started their little Search & Rescue.

Sakura rummaging the front table, Yujin runsacking the middle line and Yena was at the back of the class.

“Here! This is her name right?” Yena squealed in low tone as she found the said girl’s book under her table.

Sakura and Yujin quickly make their way to the desk, checking out the name and books under the desk. Making sure it is indeed the right desk.

Yujin nodded. Yena and Sakura then replied her nod. Sakura reached out to her bag and pull out Yujin’s Holy Love Letter.

“In this letter lies Yujin’s heart and thoughts. God let these people be together”, Sakura chanted, placing the letter under the desk.

“Yujin, give it some of your heart.” Yena pushed Yujin to the desk pulling the letter back.

Yujin gave Yena a sceptical look and stare at Sakura who just nodded at what Yena said.

Taking the letter, Yujin kissed the letter.

‘As I lay the letter under this table, God let me be with her’ , she prayed.

They cleaned up their messes and made raincheck to not left any proofs at the scene.

The three then went to the cafetaria to have their breakfast, still lacing in hope that Yujin get what she wants.

 

***

 

‘What is this?’

She fold open the letter under her table.

‘Oh, another one’ she thought to herself.

Keeping the letter safe in her bag. She let it pass for she got it so many times before.

Maybe she will gave it a read or maybe she just throw it away. Like she always do.

 

Going to the library, the girl bring along the letter.

She is a librarian hence she took her break at the library.

Reading out the content, she would not deny that her heart skipped a bit.

But a line on the letter made her chuckles.

“I lay my love on you. Its all I want to do”

‘This girl is a fan of Westlife or what?’

She never knew any of her friends who still listen to Westlife.

Although she wanted to, she did not reply the letter.

For the request are bit too heavy and it’s hard for her to do so.

Whatmore, Yujin left no number or anything for her to reply.

(YUJIN WHAT ARE YOU DOING? *smack head)

 

Truth is,

This is the first time she feels like doing so.

But she is scared of falling in love again.

She had been hurt before.

Not in the way both of them wanted.

But she still cannot move on and the pain is unbearable in he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter