Clueless

Lumière
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Miyawaki Sakura Class 2A1 please come to the principal's  office now"

The announcement echoes all through the school. Chaeyeon shifted her gaze to Sakura.

Not only her, the whole class too. Sakura gulped, 'Please not this be the one typical "Let's go to the hospital" type of thing'

 

Having herself exclusively excused, Sakura walked to the office. Nodding at Sae and straight up knocking Eunbi's door.

"Kkura...." Eunbi's glassy eyes fall onto her view.

"Un..unnie.. why you called me?" Sakura took a sit in front Eunbi.

Eunbi inhaled, "It's Babachan...she.." before Eunbi could finish talking Sakura put her hands to cover both her ears.

Refusing to hear anything.

"If it's bad, don't tell me." Sakura crouched on the seat.

Making Eunbi's protective senses awake.

 

Eunbi sat up from her seat and walked towards her sister.

Pulling the chair to face her, she kneeled upon Sakura.

Slowly removing the hands on her ears.

"Kkura.. listen to me.. now please listen to me.." Eunbi stared directly into Sakura's teary eyes.

 

There, beneath the eyes Eunbi could see a little girl hiding under her bed. Hiding away from the reality.

 

"Kkura, I hate to be the one telling you this. This should be Kaeun's job. But, Babachan's is running out of time. The doctors said she have.."

Sakura pull her hand and put a finger on Eunbi's mouth, stopping her from saying anything.

"I don't want to hear that. Don't say it please don't! Babachan's is not a food to have expiry date printed on her. And the doctors ain't God. This time I choose to believe in God" tears already falling to her face.

 

Eunbi snatched the small fists of the girls, bring it to her knees and said "Kkura.. Babachan is not going away now. She will still be here. I needed to tell you this because Babachan is really running out of time. Your mum and dad asked me to tell you. They don't want you to be shocked. Let me take you to Babachan. Will you allow me to do so?" 

 

Sakura could not say anything. But she nodded as she really want to see Babachan now.

This is not how she imagine Babachan will be attending her graduation ceremony. They had planned a trip together.

They had planned on adopting a cat for Sakura's birthday.

Sakura had promised she'll cook for Babachan. 

Babachan promised her she will be walking Sakura to the altar on her wedding day.

They had promised to go to her grandfather's favourite chocolate factory.

They had thousands of bucket lists but seems like the buckets are now gone.

Or it almost gone.

 

 

"Babachan said she'll attend my graduation next year" Sakura cried. 

Eunbi can feel her tears coming. Sakura is about to lose the most important person to her.

She took the hands close and shifted forward to hug the crying girl. As Sakura tears dropped, Eunbi swore she could see pieces of her heart fallen to the ground.

"We'll get through this together. I promise you I'm here" the two hugged and cried.

Sparing a moment to digest everything. Eunbi then ushered Sakura to her classroom to take her things.

 

 

When Eunbi and Sakura walked to the class, Chaeyeon was dumbfounded. She was about to ask Sakura "What happened?" but the latter cut her first, saying she will call her.

Half of Chaeyeon was unsure of the truth in the promise. But she nodded anyway.

She turned her back to look over Yena and Yujin who seems like they knew something.

The look on the two faces somehow sending messages to Sakura.

 

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

 

Nako ran to her sister's embrace as soon as she saw her shadow. "Saachan......" she cried in Sakura's embrace.

Sakura tried to hold her tears so hard. She patted her sister's hair. Not knowing what to say. This situation, is so hard. Despite it's her second time dealing with it, but it's not easy.

Kaeun poked her arms, telling Sakura to come with her.

 

"I bet you already know" she fixes Sakura's hair that got messy of running just now.

The lump in are big enough she felt a pain in swallowing it. She tried to control her tears, she tried to look tough. But she can't. 

Kaeun pulled her close as she saw Sakura's tears dropping.

"I..I.. know" she nodded slowly.

 

"This doesn't mean Babachan is gone. She have some time before... yeah..you know what I want to say"

Sakura just nodded. Another tears drop. 

Kaeun side-hugged the kid and patted her hairs. 

Yes of course, as a doctor she deals with this thing a lot. But it's hard everytime. And it's harder when it's person close to you.

How can you properly tell a hoping family, a crying daughter, a hoping parents that their grandmother, parents or children will die.

 

As easy as you think it is, it's only easy if you are heartless.

 

Every jobs comes with their own responsibilities and challenges.

 

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

 

"Saachan, come see Babachan" her mother 

Sakura took light steps with a heavy heart. She hated being told of when her grandmother expected to go. 'Ignorance is a bliss' so shall she pretended like everything's okay because everything might go fine.

Might.

 

It felt so lonely looking at Babachan who are still 'sleeping'. 

'God, before she go would you let me talk to her for one last time? Just one last time. I promise I'll be a good girl'

 

Her mother took a chair to let her sit. "I'm going out. Take your time okay?" her mother caressed her cheeks. Knowing well Sakura is going through harder time than her. That girl is practically raised by her grandmother. And closer to her rather than her own mother.

 

Sakura took a deep breath and reach for her Babachan's had. Holding it firm. Rubbing circles onto little wrinkles.

"Do you remember the day you took me to the park during spring? You told me that Sakura blooms at the perfect time and I will too, grow and blooms beautifully. Do you know that I always remember that in my mind?"

 

"Do you remember the first day at middle school when you are so worried about me that you waited for me at the gate. You waited until I finished school. You are worried that I might get bullied and that I can't make friends because I am timid and shy. I am sure you remember it because you keep the picture we took that day on top of your table."

 

Sakura took Babachan's hand, put it at her cheeks.

"Can you feel the warmth on my cheeks? You always check on me. Especially during this season."

Sakura inhale again.

 

"I know you cannot sleep at night when I went onto school trip or sleepover at my friends house because you got traumatised by that AKB48 - 10nen Zakura song.Tch, honestly I think you overthink. But I understand your worries. Hence I texted you or called you to make sure I am fine."

 

"I know above yourself, you put me there."

 

Sakura could feel her tears coming. So she better finish her talk before the tears drop.

"Please, keep on fighting. If it's not for me, let it be for yourself now. But if you are tired, let me know before you go.''

 

The next words are wrapping around her neck, timidly choking her. 

"Let me say goodbye with smile. Your Saachan won't cry. Your Saachan is a strong lady. Just like her babachan."

 

"Don't worry about me. I will always be strong. Like Sakura,  flowers, always bloom. Thank you for loving me even before I was born. You are the greatest gift to me. I'm sorry I didn't tell you I tell you much enough that you got used to it. I am sorry those words are heavy on my lips. But should you know, I love you more than anything in this world. No one can take your place. No one.''

 

"I will come again. Hold on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter