Fool's Gold

Lumière
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura walked into the house can't wait to tell Babachan about her day.

But she comes home to a dark lonely house.

 

"Babachan?" she switched on the lights in her Babachan's room. She wasn't there.

'Did Babachan went somewhere? But she didn't said anything' Sakura weirded out.

 

'Maybe Babachan got stuck up with works' she entered her own room. Changing into her casual wear. Not before she took a cold bath.

It has been a long day. And cold bath really soothes her.

To be shivering from the biting coldness, it makes her feel alive.

Sakura waited for her grandma but she still wasn't home. It's already 8:13.

As she was hungry, she took an initiative to cook Oyakudon. As it was the easiest and her Babachan might come home hungry.

She waited till 9:00 p.m. but Babachan still isn't home yet. 

It would be impossible if Babachan had a surgery. She stopped doing so after she got older. And as she said, "Imma put my legs on the table and just watch from atop"

 

Sakura hummed as she waited for her Babachan. Suddenly her phone rang. It's her Babachan.

"Hello Babachan!!" she happily answered.

But what she heard next makes her regrets picking up the call. Maybe if she didn't picked it up she would stay in oblivious mode hence she would be less hurt. 

She had enough for that day. But God say there is another 3 hours to today.

 

It was from the hospital. Her grandma got caught in an accident. A terrible one they said.

How?

Out of all people, why Babachan?

 

Honestly Sakura was scared to go to the hospital.

Afraid of getting worst news.

But she have to be there for her grandma.

After all, she promised her late grandpa to take care of her grandma.

 

Eunbi was hanging out her balcony, trying to gather courage to call her stupid boyfriend when she saw Sakura walking out her house with her car waiting.

 

She called upon the girl. With a shaky voice Sakura said she's going out to find something.

Eunbi asked if she needed company but Sakura softly declined it. So Eunbi just watched from the height of her balcony. 

Sakura don't want to bother her. She have her own battle to fight too.

 

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

 

Eunbi walked back inside her house.

She really wanted to cry. But she had exceeded her limit of tears today. 

She promised herself she won't shed a tear for some guy. And she will fulfill it.

 

As she has gathered enough courage to confront Hyewon, her mum called her from below.

"Babachan got into accident. Get ready, we're going there. Poor Sakura is alone"

It broke Eunbi's heart.

Babachan got into accident and Sakura didn't even bother to tell her. This kid!

 

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

 

Eunbi and her family arrived at the hospital to see Sakura sitting outside alone. Head down. Her hair a mess. Her face are red and her eyes puffy from tears.

Eunbi was about to smack Sakura but it's not an appropriate time.

Sakura saw the Kwons and brace herself to smile at them. She just looked at Eunbi and shoved a bitter smile.

When she was about to sit Eunbi quickly took her spot beside Sakura.

"Why you didn't tell me kiddo?"

"Because you have other important concerns too unnie"

"You think I can't be burden with any bad news? It's okay. I am an adult, I can handle this"

"It's okay unnie I'm a teenager I can handle this"

"Oh Sakura stop playing words on me"

Sakura smiles weakly. At least she can smile. 

 

 

Eunbi went somewhere, and bring back a cup of drink.

"Tea. Because you don't like plain water" Eunbi gave it to the sitting Sakura.

She looks up to her unnie, tiredness can be clearly seen on her face.

"You should sleep Kkura ya. You look tired"

Sakura shakes her head, "No I don't want. I need to be awake so I won't lose anything"

"You are losing your energy by being awake. Listen to me, go sleep for a bit. I'll be here waiting for you. If anything, I am here"

Sakura just looks at Eunbi. Who is sitting beside her now. Her big eyes resonates the tiredness and loneliness in her. 

Even if she went home, there's nobody else waiting for her.

"I will sleep here"

"Are you sure? Your house is only 15 minutes away from here"

Sakura nodded her head, "There's nobody waiting for me at home. I shall stay with Babachan here"

"Okay then, lean on me" Eunbi tapped her own shoulder.

"Thank you unnie... for existing.. you are my best friend"

"I know I know"

 

 

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

 

 

Her phone rings. It's Hyewon.

She don't want to pick it up. But she did anyway.

"Hello baby. Why yoh didn't picked up my calls? I've been missing you so much"

Eunbi sighed. "Ah I'm sorry. I'm busy" (Busy ako sa life)

Her cold tone gave Hyewon away. "Baby, are you okay?"

"Yes. I am. Just a bit tired"

"Ahh poor my bab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter