Enchanted

Lumière
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That morning, every student was gathering at the Notice Board at their block,

Wondering what was all the ruckus, Sakura join the flock that are herding the board.

After few squeezes then  she managed to see the notice

*Poster: Invitation to annual grand ball event

‘COMPULSORY FOR ALL SECOND YEAR STUDENT’

 

‘Nice, I have to go to this boring event this year too’ Sakura grumpily exhales.

 

*in the class later

 

“Have you all decide what to wear for the ball tho?Yena I think you should wear a duck mask.i Think You will look EXQUISITE with it”, Yujin asked her squad

“Why the duck? Am I equivalent to a duck for you?”, Yena slammed the table soft angered at Yujin’s statement.

“Yes, you are same as a duck and Sakura is the same as cat. Kitten probably,” Yujin stopped a while and pointed at Chaeyeon

“You, Chaeyeon I haven’t found out yet. Give me two days and I will decide what animal you are”

Dissatisfied Yena grunted “How come Sakura gets to be a kitten but I am a duck?!”

“Because Sakura is the King and I am the prince. Be glad you are a duck rather than a grass”

“Enough with that. Yes I am kitten and you are a duck. Jjaeyeon can be a bear maybe. She’s cute as one”, Sakura cutting all the ruckus her two friends are making.

“Ehh I’m a bear? That’s my first time hearing that. But anything from you is good Saku chan”, shy, Chaeyeon actually like what Sakura said.

(You are just whipped Chaeyeon *smirks)

 

“What’s with all those Jjae Jjae thingy and Saku chan names? Do I missed something or you two are too quick?”, Yena pointing to both of them, asking.

“No. Jjae is a cute name I accidentally wrote but she thinks it cute so I just calls her that. And Saku chan is because she wants to be closer to me”, Sakura explained.

“Don’t you want to get close to us too? Why don’t you called us Yen chan or Yuding chan or whatever”

(Yena you clearly jealous aren’t you? Poor you single soul)

Yena elbowed Yujin desperately asking for back up,

“Yujin also wants to be called cute names don’t you Yujin?”

“Im hungry though” , Yujin obviously lost in her hungry world she does not care about whatever Yena being noisy about.

 

“That’s because you two are Koreans you don’t need to have chan like me”, Sakura stopping the noisy Yena.

Chaeyeon just laughed at the scene, thinking ;

‘Yena is surely a funny duck.Sorry Yena but youre a duck. Duck chan maybe’

 

They were having their break at the table outside their block, Near the garden.

That is actually the Trio favourite spot. No one really comes there because its quite far from the block and cafeteria.

“This is a beautiful spot though. Do you guys always hang here?”, asked Chaeyeon as she was mesmerized by the views from the spot.    

The place where the table was situated makes it facing their school’s garden.

Which is a big beautiful one. Their school and mostly the Principal surely knows how to plant and take care of it. It’s almost like being in Hyde Park. (ALMOST)

“This is our secret port. A not so secret spot” Yujin claimed.

Munching on her food, Yena looked at the mesmerized Chaeyeon, “So Chaeyeon, what will you wear at the party?”, she asked.

Chaeyeon think for few seconds,been wanting to ask a question though she having much hesitation

‘This might be a stupid question, but I still have to ask this question’

“I still don’t know yet. But, should we really dress up for the party?”

“Yes Chae, it’s our tradition having dress up party” yena pauses before continuing “And besides no one wears school uniform to the school dance. Have you ever been to on before Chae?” Yena exclaimed.

“Actually, this is my first time”

‘I have to ask Mum about this. She must have lots of idea’, clueless Chaeyeon knows she can depend on her mum.

Yena thought of something, “Jjae,Jjaeyeon, do you want to pair with me? We could do couple look”, she blushes as she speaks.

“Ehhhh… ”, Chaeyeon was left speechless by that question.

“Why the heck are you calling her Jjaeyeon? Only me can call her like that. Jjaeyeon is mine!”, Sakura reclaimed.

‘Sakura do you know that you flutter my heart a bit saying so’

“Yah Yena, why are you asking Chaeyeon to be your date? Go ask that girl though. Where has that brave intimidating duck went to?? ”, Yujin knew Chaeyeon is not the one Yena wants. She had been crushing on this one girl eversince their first year.

“B..but it would be hard to ask her. She doesn’t know me. We never speak before”, Yena was saddened by the fact that she never had the chance to speak to her dream girl.

“It’s a sad story. I almost cried”, mocked Yujin.

They both spent the rest of recess quarreling with each other.

 

Sakura look at the smiling Chaeyeon, “You don’t really need to have a date to the event. Trust me we all went as solo for years. They just need your attendance anyway. I went for the foods. And only foods. But it’s a happy sight seeing lots of beautiful girls in one place.”

“Oh, I thought we have to get a date or what. I guess Ill be going solo too then”, she laughed at her own remarks.

‘What the.. Hey Jjaeyeon you got me! You will never be alone if you have me’

Mustering up all her courage, “You won’t be alone, you got me” Sakura smiles at Chaeyeon.

 

(Truth is, someone was feeling challenged when her girl got asked by someone)

 

***

 

Chaeyeon was having a hard time choosing the perfect dress. She never attended a ball or even prom before. She was conflicted between a long white dress or a simple baby blue dress. She asked her mum and sister for opinions.

It took them extra miles finding the perfect one. She tried on the dress and look at herself through the mirror in the changing room.

‘Demm I look like a bride’ She blushes to the thought.

 

Sakura on the other hand does not really want to go.

(She’s a homebody, wbk)

 

But since it is a compulsory event she must attend it anyway.

Last year she only sat at the table munching snacks for the whole night.

Sometimes going for a drink or two. It was a really boring event for her. (But this year, maybe not.)

 

***

When Chaeyeon arrived at the venue, she could see lots of girls dressed in fancy outfits and perfect makeup.

There are lots of faces she never met.

She had been in the school for few months but she does not realise that there are lots of students at the school.

Probably because she just stays within her circle of three friends.

 

Walking around trying to find the girls, to her devastation none of them had arrived yet. Chaeyeon just decided to sit at the mini bar. Gulping a cold plain water, trying to cool down her nerves.

Yujin and Yena a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter