Chapter Nine

Captain Kwon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

To be a full pledge soldier, cadets need to learn how to use guns to defend themselves. That morning they were given a brief background about the guns that the army regularly uses. They were taught how to assemble it and was given a practice exercises.

 

 

“Unnie, the sniper gun is confusing." She let out a frustrated sigh. “By the way CPT. Kwon said you’re next.” Yena pats her back.

 

 

Sakura gave a curt nod and marched her way to the cliff.

 

 

“Are you okay?” the captain asked without looking.

 

 

Sakura glanced over at the captain, “Can you change your mind, Eun?” she asked, her voice low as if pleading.

 

“Don’t talk to me in an informal way, Sakura. We’re not in the same position.”

 

 

Sakura clenched her fist in frustration; she took a deep breath before lying at the ground to check on the sniper gun,

 

 

“I'll wait for you as long as I can," she muttered.

 

 

She fired the gun three times in between heartbeat, aiming for the targets on different distance; she heard the confirmation on Eunbi’s radio.

 

“Shots confirmed. Target eliminated, over.”

 

“Roger that. Thank you.”

 

 

 

Eunbi yelped in shock when she heard Sakura's voice.

 

 

“Ouuuch!” Sakura groaned in pain, covering her eyes, pretending she got hurt.

 

 

“What’s wrong, Kkura?” the Captain asked in a panic.

 

 

She rolled over and laid flatly on the ground,

 

 

“I’m blinded! Oh my god!”

 

 

“Let me see babe! Let me see!”

 

 

Eunbi leaned closer to Sakura's face to check her eyes,

 

 

“I’m blinded by your beauty, babe.” Sakura suddenly said.

 

Wait, what?

 

 

She was confused when the cadet placed her hand at the back of her head and pulled her down for a long kiss, it was slow, careful and gentle. Sakura’s kisses sent shivers through her nerves that made her whole body trembled and made her lose her mind.

 

 

Their kiss was disturbed by her two-way radio, she pulled away gasping for breath and glaring at the cadet,

 

“What?” the cadet asked innocently with a small smile.

 

 

“How dare you! I’m your Captain.”

 

 

Sakura stood up flashing her eye smile,

 

“How dare me? You kissed me back, Babe.”

 

 

Eunbi didn’t answer, she pretended to fix her uniform but Sakura wrapped her hand around her waist,

 

 

“I miss you, Eun. It’s driving me crazy that we're not okay.”

 

 

“No, Sakura.” Her voice is firm.

 

 

“Please date me, Eun. Let’s go out officially. Give me a chance. I'll take care of you.”

 

 

“Oops! Sorry.” Hyewon stopped on her tracks when she saw the two talking, she held up a peace sign and smiled awkwardly but the captain and the cadet didn’t mind her presence.

 

 

“No, Miyawaki!”

 

 

Sakura removed her hands on the captain's waist,

 

 

“Do you mean that? Are you really rejecting me, Eunbi?”

 

Eunbi was shaking, she doesn't want to lie but she has to— to protect herself

 

"This is so much better than letting myself hurt again." she thought.

 

 

“Yes. Now get out of my sight,” she shouted.

 

Sakura’s eyes brimmed with tears, her expression shouts confusion,

 

 

“I don’t understand, Captain Kwon. I thought you like me too. You’re giving me mixed signals. It’s confusing the hell out of me.”

 

 

“Get out of my sight, Miyawaki.” She commanded her voice is slightly elevated.

 

 

Sakura tried to compose herself, she was just so mad and hurt with the way the captain is treating her. She couldn't understand why she needs to be dropped without a valid explanation.

 

"I need an explanation, Eunbi. I deserve to know why you're hurting me like this when all I did was to love you. I'm… hurting so much right now. I love you so much it kills me." Sakura burst out crying, her voice sounded so broken,

 

 Eunbi leaned her back against the table where the guns were placed.

 

"I'm tired, Kkura." She admitted. "I don't want to feel anxious all the time, I don't want to worry about losing you, I'm so stressed, Kkura. I hate being jealous and I don't want continuously prove myself to you."

 

Sakura walks closer to the captain; she gave her a tight embrace and rested her cheeks on its shoulders. "I'm not asking you to prove yourself to me. Don't give up on us, babe. I always try to assure you--"

 

"Just go, Kkura." Eunbi slowly removes the young girl's hand with tears b on her eyes. "Just go and respect my decision.

 

 

"You're so ing twisted!" Sakura yelled before dashing out in front of the captain.

 

 

Hyewon saw everything that happened from a distance, she approaches Eunbi as soon as she saw Sakura left.

 

“Unnie, you're being a coward. Sakura will be your biggest what if, I can assure you that. You'll regret rejecting her. If that cadet found someone else, you'll be old news and you'll cry a river. Now come on, we have a meeting!”

 

 

xxxxx

 

 

 

The squad stayed in their classroom since Eunbi and Hyewon discussed their military ball that will be held by the next day.

 

 

Yena raised her hand, “We can’t wear dresses? But it’s a ball, SQ Kang. Also, can we drink?”

 

 

“Since you’re a cadet you need to wear your formal uniform, outsiders are the only ones who can wear dresses and tuxes also you can. But please don’t get drunk!”

 

 

“Yes, Miyawaki?” Hyewon asked as she saw the cadet raising her hand.

 

 

“Can we skip the ball? I’m not interested to attend.” She asked while slouching in a chair.

 

“Are you kidding me? You cannot decide for yourself, Miyawaki. I heard CPT. Bae doesn't have a date, you can ask her and please sit properly.”

 

 

But I want to g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter