Chapter Five

Captain Kwon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sakura frowned at her mom’s idea to drive her back early in the morning, she already promised her mates that they will meet up at the train station and eat before going back to the academy but she has to cancel it last minute because of her mother.

 

As her mom drove inside the camp, she saw Eunbi and Hyewon at a distance laughing. She suddenly felt nervous. Sakura tried so hard to stop her mom when she realized that she's gonna park the car in front of the officers, but Sakura was only answered with a sharp glare which automatically shut her up.

 

She went out of the car quietly to get her luggage, she sighs as she heard the approaching footsteps of the two officers.

 

“Cadet Miyawaki, you’re 30 minutes early. That’s good. Keep it up.” Hyewon pats her in the arm and smiles at her.

 

Her mother cleared and bowed politely. “Good morning officers, I’m her mom, Bae Yoon Jeong. Is she doing okay here?”

 

Oh my god, mom! You’re embarrassing the hell out of me! This is not high school!

 

“Good morning, Ma’am. I am Captain Kwon and this is Squad leader Kang. She’s doing fine here Ma’am. She ranks first in all her academics.”

 

Sakura’s mother took a good look at the captain from a distance, she was thinking that the officer looks utterly familiar but then brushed it off, “I am already expecting that Capt. Kwon. But I’m sure she's having a hard time with combat training, my daughter is really uncoordinated.”

 

“Mom! Please. You can go.” Sakura gently pushed her mother inside the car, she waved over the rolled down window and watched her mom driving away from the camp.

 

The poor cadet cheeks turned scarlet because of the embarrassment. She took a deep breath before glancing at Eunbi who’s holding a brown box.

 

“Phone please?”

 

Sakura fishes out her phone from her backpack pocket, she checked on it one last time and surrendered it on the box. She didn't even try to talk or even look at Eunbi since she knows it's gonna be awkward.

 

When Hyewon suddenly excuses herself to go to the restroom, Eunbi slowly moves beside Sakura which made the younger move away since she got uncomfortable with the proximity.

 

 

“Are you still mad?” Eunbi asked worriedly.

 

 

Sakura shook her head, “Why would I be? You just didn’t tell me first that you’re Capt Kwon when I first approach you. We even talked for more than 2 hours but you just played along. You just said it after I gave all my heart out to that kiss. So, tell me, do I have a reason to get mad at you?”

 

 

Eunbi was quite shocked with the way Sakura answered her. The younger girl sound really frustrated but then she understands that what she did was all wrong. She wanted to apologize but wasn’t given a chance when Sakura suddenly walked away leaving her. She runs her hands over her long her annoyance. “I’m so stupid.” She whispered.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

Everything is back to normal after their two days’ vacation. They spent all their morning taking their academic classes and at lunch, they were given another hour of extra time.

 

Sakura excused herself right away after eating. She walks to the bleachers and sits watching the oval silently.

 

“Miyawaki!”

 

Sakura jolted in shock when she heard someone call her. She turns her head to the side and saw Hyewon walking to her with her usual stoic expression.

 

“Is something wrong? I don’t wanna be nosy but I’m quite worried because you look like something is bothering you. I’m a good listener, you know?” Hyewon sits beside her and leaned her back on the chair waiting for the cadet to answer.

 

“I’m alright SQ Kang, you don’t need to worry,” Sakura replied with a sad smile.

 

Hyewon nods, she respects if Sakura doesn’t want to open up but she still chose to stay beside her to let her know that she is not alone.

 

“Oh look at that. Capt. Kwon might have captured another heart.” Hyewon raises her voice a little to get Sakura’s attention.

 

Sakura is quite reluctant to ask Hyewon since she doesn’t want anyone to know her admiration for the captain but after a few agonizing minutes, because she can't shake the curiosity, she gave up and finally asked her.

 

“Why is she smiling like that? Wow, this is surprising. Capt. Kwon is so nice to her but when it comes to me she’s always mad. That’s favoritism." Her annoyance to the female cadet who’s walking and laughing with the captain reflected on her voice.

 

“Does Captain Kwon always entertain people who like her? She’s single right?”

 

Hyewon smiled knowingly. Sakura blinked rapidly. She was quite surprised that the squad leader genuinely smiled at her for the first time ever.

 

“She usually doesn’t but I think now she will.” Hyewon thought that teasing Sakura is a good idea but then she regretted it when the cadet lowered her head and let out a heavy sigh of defeat.

 

“Kkura.”

 

Sakura turns to her side and their eyes met. She couldn’t count anymore how many times the squad leader surprised her in the span of 30 minutes. Though she has no idea how she knew her nickname, she didn’t ask. To be honest there’s an unexplainable comfort she felt when Hyewon called her.

 

“She won’t kiss you back if she didn’t like you. Eunbi unnie isn’t like that.” Hyewon suddenly stood up she was about to leave to avoid being questioned but Sakura figured it out right away, she immediately held her hand and pulled her close with full force. The squad leader lost her balance and ended up on Sakura’s lap.

 

Their eyes met for the second time that day. She thinks that the squad leader is really attractive most especially in close proximity but Sakura didn't feel anything special. It was just like how you feel whenever you look at a bea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter