Chapter Eight

Captain Kwon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sakura woke up the next morning without Eunbi by her side, she wonders if the captain slept beside her but later on she tries her best not to think about her as she was still offended with how the captain treated her.

 

She's zipping her uniform when Eunbi walks in, she goes straight behind Sakura and she wrapped her arms around her waist as she lays her chin on her shoulder.

 

she woke up the next morning, eunbi was still sleeping, she tried not to wake up the girl while she’s preparing for the day.

 

"Good morning, baby. I miss you!" Eunbi smiled at the cadets as she placed a kiss on it's neck which startled Sakura. She just really want them to be okay because she knows that the cadets was offended with happened yesterday.

 

Sakura let out a heavy sigh before she removes Eunbi's hand on her waist and turns around to face her.

 

"Good morning too, CPT. Kwon. I'll go outside first."

 

and with that Sakura turns her back and walks off the room, she went outside the barrack patiently waiting for their morning drill when Chaeyeon suddenly approached her.


 

"Sakuchan, I'm really sorry about Hyewon. She's not usually like that. I hope you know that she didn't mean what she said in yesterday's training."


 

Sakura flashes a smile to Chaeyeon. "It's okay, Jjaeyeon. It's actually a good thing because I realized a lot of things. By the way are you two dating?"


 

"Yep, maybe for about 3 weeks now."!


 

Sakura let out a chuckle, "How? I mean you two aren't really that close before right?"

 

Chaeyeon let out her infectious laugh, "She invited me for a dinner last time and then we clicked. How about you and Captain Kwon? How long are you two dating?"


 

Sakura's genuine smile changed to forced one. "Sadly. We're not. I don't think I'm right for her yet. But hey, let's go get some breakfast, I'm actually hungry." Sakura thinks it's not the right time yet to define what they really have. She doesn't have anything to be proud off yet. Eunbi is her inspiration, she loves and respects her that's why she promised to herself that she will do anything to be worthy of her love.


 

"Sure! You know what I really hope we pass the initial exam. I wonder when they will set it." Chaeyeon links her arm to Sakura's while they walk towards the cafeteria,.the two looks overly excited regarding the application that they sent to the board they both wish to be accepted for them to have a good standing career in the military.


 

xxxxx

 

 

The squad assembled on the training ground around 6:00 am. Everyone became nervous when they saw the double ropes 9ft high that they will use to cross on the other side. For this day's training the cadets will be trained by Eunbi, Hyewon and Irene.


 

“Salute! I'm CPT. Bae Joohyun from the intelligence department. I will be observing your training for today. Do your best, use your brain, you need to come up with a smooth strategy to successfully cross to the other line. Are we clear?”


 

“Yes, Captain Bae.” the cadets confirmed.



 

Eunbi explained how to cross the single rope first where they need to slide their body by grabbing it and moving forward. The first one that was called was wonyoung who didn’t have a hard time because of her long legs.



 

“Okay, Cadet. 319 Miyawaki Sakura.” Hyewon calls.


 

Sakura stands on the other side of the rope, her hands are shaking. She was already preparing to jump but was stopped by CPT. Bae when she noticed her that Sakura looks pale.  


 

“Are you nervous? Do it quickly and try your best to balance yourself.” Irene fixes sakura’s helmet while giving her helpful tips that she can use to successfully cross.

 


 

“I'm nervous CPT. Bae, what if I fall" Sakura stammers.



 

Sakura's breath hitches when Irene suddenly gave her a tight hug, she pulls away in a quick second and holds her shoulders at arm's length. "


 

"I'll catch you then, there's nothing to worry about. Now, go and do it. I will cheer for you."


 

Irene playfully slaps her while she’s walking towards the rope.



 

“Cadet 319, Ready to Cross!”


 

 

“Let me hear your determination.” Eunbi yells flatly.

 

 

“I'll pass this training, two months to go!!”


 

Eunbi feels like someone slapped her in the face, she almost forgot that Sakura will eventually leave,


 

2 months to go, she’s going to leave.. I'll be left alone.


 

“What’s wrong?” Hyewon asks curiously when she noticed that Eunbi looks deeply worried and somewhat absentminded.



 

“Hye, I think she was really affected by what you said. She became so formal to me and I miss her. Joo Hyun unnie is close with her. You know her reputation.”



 

Hyewon let out a sigh,

 

“But she’s really weak. She has to do something about it and it doesn’t matter if CPT. Bae has a reputation of dating around new cadets, if Sakura really likes you there’s nothing to worry about.”

 

Hyewon pats her back before walking away.


 

Eunbi shakes her head while watching Sakura crossing the rope with all her might, her eyes darted to another captain who's happily cheering Sakura.


 

xxxxx

 

 

On lunch the officers arrived late at the cafeteria. They were getting some food when Eunbi and Irene both saw the vacant seat beside Sakura. The older captain raises an eyebrow while looking at eunbi.

 

 

No no. Is she crazy? I'll sit beside my kkura!


 

She turns her back and sprints towards Sakura, she can see Irene walking at full so she jogged and sat on the chair, catching her breath.


 

Sakura got startled when Eunbi swiftly sat on the chair, slamming her tray on the table catching her breath,

 

Eunbi glances at Irene who is shaking her head looking so annoyed.


 

“CPT. Kwon, Are you okay? What’s wrong?” the ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter