Chapter Seven

Captain Kwon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura woke up the next morning with Eunbi pulling her close and hugging her tightly. She turns around and saw her peacefully sleeping by her side. The view automatically made her smile, she kisses her on the forehead gently and caresses her hair before she takes her hand away to start preparing for the day.

 

She comes out of the bath 15 minutes after, all dressed up. She stands in front of the mirror where she sees Eunbi who rolls over on the other side of the bed and flashes a sleepy smile to her.

 

 

“Why are you dressed so early?” Eunbi asks, her voice sounded soft and husky.

 

Sakura makes her way to her and gave her a quick peck on the lips. “Good morning, Eun. I’m so nervous; you know how much of a weakling I am right?”

 

“Yah! Don’t kiss me when I just woke up. I haven’t brush my teeth yet and Kkura, I’m there, I’ll try my very best not to yell at you.” Eunbi chuckles.

 

Sakura shrugs her shoulders while fixing her beret, “I don’t mind, baby.”

 

Eunbi sits up on the bed and crosses her arms, “Baby?! Kkura, are you flirting with me at 3:30 in the morning?” She shakes her head in disbelief.

 

“The important thing is I only flirt with you, right?” Sakura tries her best to wink but she failed which made Eunbi burst out of laughter.

 

 

[…]

 

 

Sakura picks up her backpack and wore it on her shoulders. She's adjusting the bag strap when she notices Eunbi who's having a difficult time with zipping up her jacket.

 

She marches to her and takes Eunbi's hand so she can zip it up properly.

 

 

“What are you doing?” Eunbi stares at her with a puzzled expression.

 

 

“I’m helping you," Sakura replied. She gives her a small smile before focusing on the jacket again. "You’ve been taking care of us, Eun but you’re alone. Since I’m here now. I’m going to take care of you. There, it’s done." Sakura gazes at her and fixes her beret before giving another sweet smile. “You’re so beautiful.”

 

 

Eunbi's heart pounded so hard inside her chest when she met the cadet's stare. She was so moved with Sakura said but she chose not to show it.

 

 

She pinches her cheeks and she smiles to the cadet. “You’re cute!”

 

 

“I know baby, that’s why we look good together. If I passed my training today, will you please come to the Army ball with me? Please please please?”

 

Eunbi chuckles, “I’ll kill you if you fail this training, Kkura."

 

Sakura smirks at the captain, “Wooo. Aggressive. I like that. Now let’s go, baby!”

 

 

[•••]

 

 

The first training that they need to pass is rope swing training. Eunbi explained that they need to cross the 6m distance river by pulling up the thick rope towards their body and jumping in right angle.

 

“Listen to me! You already have your assigned partners. SQ Kang will be the one who will demonstrate what to do. I need you to shout and make your voice clear." Eunbi nods to Hyewon signaling her to begin.

 

“Squad leader, Kang Hyewon. Ready for River crossing!” Hyewon yells clearly.

 

 

“Let me hear your determination, SQ Kang.”

 

The squad leader takes a deep breath. “I will pass this obstacle and eat the cake promised by Captain Kwon!”

 

 

Everyone watches, carefully. The squad leader jumps and pulls up her body on the thick rope effortlessly. She swings and handed on the other side on the right angle.

 

 

Hyewon yells once again, “Squad Leader Kang Hyewon, Finished River crossing”

 

The cadets applauded in amazement. The next one that was called was Chaeyeon since she’s Hyewon's partner.

 

 

“Okay, let me hear your determination.”

 

 

“I will pass this for my future career.”

 

Yena nudges Sakura and whispers, “She’s really gonna do it?”

 

The older cadet nods, “Yeah, Me too. I sent my application yesterday. Shut your mouth okay?”

 

Yena covers in shock and nods her head. "Your secret is safe with me."

 

Sakura didn't hear Yena's reply; her focus is all on Eunbi since she's the one who's going to cross the river.

 

“Captain, Kwon Eunbi. Ready for River crossing.”

 

 

“Let me hear your determination, Captain!” Hyewon yells.

 

 

“I’ll show you brats how it’s done!”

 

Everyone cheered for the captain and gave a warm round of applause right after.

 

 

“Captain Kwon Eunbi Finished river crossing!”

 

 

As if on cue the squad members looked at Sakura who now turns pale because of nervousness. She doesn't want to stand up, she feels like her legs are made of jellies.

 

 

Eunbi knows that the cadet that she likes is so nervous but she can't show her concern because she doesn't want others to know what she and Sakura have. “Don’t make me drag you, Miyawaki. Come here!”

 

 

Oh please save me... don’t make me embarrass myself in front of my beautiful Captain.

 

 

“319 Cadet Miyawaki Sakura, Ready for River crossing!”

 

 

Eunbi stares right through her eyes, trying her best to let Sakura know that it's going to be okay, she smiles at her a little before she asks for Sakura's determination phrase.

 

“I won’t dive into the water. My date for the ball is at stake here!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter