Chapter Four

Captain Kwon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The squad woke up early and dressed in their daily uniform. Eunbi was giving them last reminders before leaving.

 

“Enjoy your vacation with your family. I expect you to be here after 2 days. 5:00 am sharp. Do you understand?” she asked looking at the cadets one by one. 

 
“Yes, Captain.” the cadets answered.


“How about you Miyawaki, Honda, Yabuki?” 

 
“Yes, Captain.”


When it’s time to get in inside the shuttle bus, Yena nudges her.


“I'll ask her a question before I get inside. Then give your gift okay?” 

 
Sakura nodded vigorously and flashed a nervous smile.

 
"How embarrassing! Please don’t blush, Kkurachan!" She thought. 

 

Yena raised her hand, “Captain, how about you?  You won’t have a vacation?”

 

“Of course I have a vacation. I'll be on the next shuttle.” the captain replied with a smile. 

 

 

Eunbi's eyes darted to Sakura. She was wondering why the Japanese girl was standing outside the bus awkwardly as if she's waiting for something. 

 


“Miyawaki, get inside. Don’t be the cause of their delay.”

 

The captain was surprised when Sakura gave her a box of choco pie with a note attached on it.

 

“What's this?” she asked, amused. 

 

“Eh.. eh.. for you I’mreallysorrycaptain. Have a great vacation!” the cadet panicked when the captain looked at her, smiling. She ran towards the bus and didn't even bother to look at the window when she settled on her seat. 

 

When the shuttle bus started the engine, Eunbi walked away reading the note excitedly.

CPT. KWON,
This chocopie is mine. Unfortunately, it got confiscated on my first day here in the academy and I missed this so much. I just want to say that in my two days vacation I will be missing you like how much I missed my chocopie. 
 
Surely, this might be the saddest two days of my life. Even if you’re mean to me, even if you keep on asking me to run with the full combat gear that is heavier than me, it’s okay.

You are still my favorite, Captain. 


I’m sorry again Captain. Kwon Eunbi. 


PS. I'm not lying when I said you’re really beautiful. 


From: Miyawaki Kkurachan 


“Wahh! Chocopie!! Gimme that!” Hyewon showed up out of nowhere snatching the box of choco pie from Eunbi’s hand.

 

“Yaaaah! Give it back, it’s from Kkurachan!” Eunbi demanded. 

 

Hyewon looked at the captain with an amused expression. Her voice was slightly high pitched, 

 

Hyewon couldn't believe her ears. She stared at her with an amused expression. "Kkura Chan? Since when did the two of you become close? I don't even remember you two having a normal conversation." 

 

Eunbi blinked a few times. She was also surprised that she called Sakura by her nickname. 

 

Hyewon folded her hand over her chest, "I don't think you will ever meet this kid that your mom keeps on pestering you about. It seems like the feeling between you and the cadet is mutual." 


“Can you stop. Please!” Eunbi says, she's trying too hard to suppress her smile. 


“I can’t believe this unnie! Does someone actually like you? Even if you’re mean?" 

 

Hyewon cluck her tongue and pointed on Eunbi's cheeks "And what's that? Are you blushing?!


Hyewon didn't stop teasing Eunbi about the chocolate even when they're already traveling home. 


“There. Please stop.” Eunbi placed  a piece of choco pie on Hyewon’s palm.


The squad leader smiled and nodded her head vigorously while excitedly unwrapping the biscuit.

-

Sakura missed her room and her bed so much, she didn't do anything productive all day, she just went to sleep. When she woke up around 6 pm she quickly went to shower to prepare for her night out with Yena, Yuri and Chaeyeon.


“Hey, Where are you going, Sakura?” her mom beckoned for her to have dinner.


She smiled when she saw the other woman who was introduced by her mother as her best friend in the army.


“Mom, remember I told you I’ll go clubbing with my mates from the army?”


“Let them be, Jeong-ah. You know how stressful it can be in the army. How are you there, Sakura?” The woman smiled at her warmly.


“It’s okay, Ma’am. They are really strict. Most especially the squad leaders and the captain assigned to us.” She answered politely.

 

“Its normal, child. But don’t worry you'll be used to it. My daughter works in the army as well. She didn’t like it at first but later on, she fell in love with the profession. You should meet her. Maybe one date? You’re single right?”


Sakura almost choked on the udon that she’s currently having for dinner. Her mom rubbed her back lovingly while chuckling.


“Ehh? Yes, ma'am, I am. But- but I can’t date yet, Ma’am.”


What the hell! Please, let me live my life mom! Save me! 


“Why not? I’ve been asking you to m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter