Chapter Eleven

Captain Kwon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter




A month into her deployment in the middle east, five of them was sent on a special mission to rescue an officer that was held captive by an armed group. She was the only one left. Sakura hid her body underneath a dead soldier, her whole body shaking in fear; her heart was beating fast on her chest, she knows full well that this might be her end.

 

You did your best. You did your best. I’m so sorry, mom.

 

That cold dark night after the ambush that happened, a member of an armed group was walking around firing on every soldier's body,making sure that there was no one left, he shot the body of the soldier where Sakura was hiding-- the bullet pierced through sakura’s chest and the pain shot through her entire being.

 

Sakura pushed the body with all her might and groaned in pain, she couldn’t breathe, she felt like she was drowning. She tried to open her eyes and saw her life playing like a movie sequence in front of her.  "I did good." she muttered.



***



It was early in the morning after her exercise, Eunbi saw from a distance that Hyewon and Chaeyeon was having a heated argument.



“I need to go, Chae. I'll come back alive, I promise you.” Hyewon removed her beret, annoyed.



“What's wrong? What are you two fighting about?” Eunbi asked curiously.



Chaeyeon explained that Hyewon was chosen for the rescue mission of a South Korean military officer who was held captive for nearly 5 months in the middle east. Eunbi gasped in shock, she knows deep down it will be a suicide mission since they didn’t know if the officer is still alive or not. 5 months is a long time.

 

After their conversation,she assured Chaeyeon that she will look into the mission and she will talk to Hyewon.



_"_"_"_



“Hyewonie, we don’t even know if the officer is still alive.” Eunbi explained calmly.

 

“Eunbi unnie please, I need your support, don’t stop me. The officer is an alumnus of this academy, they couldn’t confirm her identity. We don’t know what kind of torture they’re doing to that officer.”



“I know, It took me a long time to check the reports because it was classified but Hyewon, you have to think about this first. It’s going to be a suicide mission.”



Hyewon shook her head, frustration shouts on her face as she slammed her fist on the table with all her might,

 

 

“Didn’t you hear what I said, unnie?" Hyewon closed her fist under the table. "The only information they have is she's an alumni of this school based on the handkerchief she dropped. What if she’s our friend? What if she’s sian? Or Irene or Sakura? What would you do?!”



Eunbi froze on her spot, she doesn’t know where Sakura is right now, she's not sure if she continued her military career after she got promoted as a 1st Lt. She's been trying to get in touch to the younger girl but she didn’t received any response.



“Please don’t say something like that about her.” She pleads before walking out of the office, thinking of trying to contact Sakura again.



_"_"_"_



Sakura laid flat on the cold floor. She tried her best to open her eyes even though if it's difficult because of the swelling, she was reminded of the sharp pain she took when the man punched her straight to her eyes; she couldn’t see anything now  She’s not sure if she’s already blind or if it’s just really dark. She counted the times she was whipped at her back for today,

 

“80 ti-times.” she muttered shakily under her breath.



She doesn’t know how long has it been since she was held captive by this armed group. But she was tortured a lot. Most of the times if she asked a simple question she will be answered by a kick in the stomach or in the head.

 

“I-I mi-miss you, mom.” She mumbled.



Sakura panicked when she heard footsteps and clanking of keys. She tried her best to stand up but she doesn’t have the energy to do so.



“Oi.”

 

 

She heard the familiar horrifying voice calli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter