Chapter Twelve

Captain Kwon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

For 3 months, Sakura spent all her time trying to walk again, she went through excruciating pain of operation and therapy; she was forced to come face to face with the horrible memory of her past just to get a clearance to start working again. It was difficult but she tried her best to be strong to achieve her dreams. Though she’s not sure why she’s still holding on to her memories with CPT. Kwon, she couldn’t deny the fact that it became her motivation to get better in a short amount of time along with Hyewon, Chaeyeon and her mum’s support.

 

Soon everything pays off, Sakura was awarded a medal of valor for her bravery, she was confirmed as a Captain and was a given a permanent job as Captain Instructor at the Korea Military Academy.

 

 

_”_”_”_

 

 

It was a busy day for Eunbi, woke up early and personally facilitated the physical test for the new cadets that was turned over to her care.

 

At lunch, after giving the cadets a break she settled herself on the table at the corner and was approached by Hyewon.

 

 

“The new captain is already there.”

 

“Yeah, I heard.” She replied looking uninterested, still looking at her food.

 

“Be strong, Unnie.”

 

“What?” Eunbi asked, she lifted her head and stared blankly at Hyewon who now stood up and walked to her side looking past through her.

 

“Captain Kwon, this is Captain Miyawaki. She will be working with you from now on.”

 

The older captain’s heart thudded faster inside her chest, she felt scared, nervous and excited all at the same time but then she didn’t dare to look. She doesn’t want to be disappointed if the new captain is not Sakura,

 

 

“Captain Miyawaki Sakura class 48.” The young captain introduced herself confidently, with her low voice Eunbi already knew she’s the girl she has been waiting to see for a very long time but she didn’t know how to react, she blanked out and instead of looking up and introducing herself like what the captain did, she stormed out of the cafeteria in panicked, not minding the murmurings of other people.

 

 

Hyewon smiled at Sakura awkwardly,

 

“She was probably shocked since it’s been a long time. It’s okay, Kkura.”

 

“Ah, it’s okay. I don’t mind, CPT. Kang.” She replied nonchalantly.

 

 

_”_”_”_

 

 

The two captains went inside the squad barracks to introduce themselves. Sakura remained observing her and not saying anything until they went outside.

 

“Do you have any questions?” Eunbi asked softly.

 

“None.” The younger captain looked at her watch, “Time for break right, CPT. Kwon?”

 

 

Eunbi flashed her sweet smile to the girl checking if she still has an effect on her but the younger captain only gave a curt nod and walked away.

 

 

_”_”_”_

 

 

“Lights off is 11 pm.” Sakura reminded the squad before walking out and going inside her shared room with Eunbi.

 

After taking a shower, she sat on the bed thinking about everything that happened to her, she had countless of counsellings but she was still reminded of the small dark room where she stayed and tortured for a lot of months. The whipping scars, the gunshot wound is still very visible on her body.

 

“Your hair is very damp, CPT. Miyawaki.”

 

She turned her head to look at the older captain who was looking at her intently.

 

 

“I don’t have a hairdryer.”

 

“I have one. Want me to help you?” she asked, smiling.

 

“No. I’m okay.” Sakura dismissed.

 

She was rejected just like that and she couldn’t hide being hurt but that night Eunbi decided she’ll do her best to make Sakura fall in love again to her and she promised if it’ll ever happen she wouldn’t let her go.

 

 

_”_”_”_

 

 

“Capt. Miyawaki it’s a good day today. Why don't we walk around and have a meal outside?” Eunbi suggested.

 

“I have something to do, Capt.” She said impassively.

 

 

_”_”_”_

 

 

Eunbi saw Sakura on the field standing beside a young cadet who was trying her very best to do push-ups.

 

“CPT. Miyawaki, she’s a kid. 30 push up is too much.”

 

Sakura kept on pressing the clicker,

 

 

“She was fighting with her co-cadet. I do not allow that.”

 

 

“Stop it, CPT. Miyawaki.” Eunbi tried to snatch the clicker and the clipboard.

 

 

“Don’t you ever interfere with the way I train. I’m not under you, CPT. Kwon. This push up is nothing compared to what they will face in real life!”

 

 

Eunbi was speechless. She was terrified with Sakura’s sharp gaze; her eyes are burning with anger. She doesn’t have any choice but to let her do what she wants.

 

 

_”_”_”_

 

 

The couple asked Sakura and Eunbi to play war simulation in one of the training grounds. They use paintball guns for the game.

 

 

“Kangchaen vs Eunsaku!”

 

 

“Kangchane? Eunsaku?” Sakura asked curiously.

 

 

Chaeyeon chuckled, “It’s a portmanteau of our names Kang and Chaeyeon then Eunbi and Sakura. Isn’t it, cute?

 

Eunbi rolled her eyes, she was about to comment but Hyewon shushed her wanting to start the game immediately.

 

 

Few minutes in the game, Sakura already shot Chaeyeon on the chest thrice, Hyewon was so furious since she wasn’t able to defend her girlfriend.

 

 

Sakura held Eunbi on the arm and ask her to hide behind the wall.

 

 

“Just hide CPT. Kwon, we'll win this game, I promise you.”

 

 

Eunbi nodded, she was about to drink her water when she noticed Hyewon at a distance, she was about to stand up and aim but Sakura turned her back, sprinted towards Hyewon and shot her 3 times in the chest, shoulders and on her helmet. Speechless, she wasn’t able to defend herself; she was startled when Sakura suddenly showed up and shot her.

 

 

“We won, CPT. Kwon.”

 

The older captain held her at arm’s length and checked her visually if she’s hurt.

 

“Okay, I guess we won. Thank you.”

 

 

“Thank you for what?”

 

"For winning this game with me."

 

“I can protect you now. I’m not the weak cadet anymore, Eun.”

 

What did she say?

 

Eunbi frowned when she heard what Sakura said,

 

“Kkura, no one told you, you were weak. Also, thank you for defending me. ”

 

 

Sakura gave a nonchalant half shrugged before walking away.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter