Chapter Six

Captain Kwon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sakura woke up when she heard murmurings. She stood up and turn on the lights, her eyes widen in shocked when she saw Chaeyeon curled up on the floor trying to catch her breath.

 

 

“What’s wrong?!” she asked worriedly.

 

 

“She can’t breathe Kkura unnie!" Wonyoung replied, her eyes b with tears while rubbing Chaeyeon’s back.

 

 

Sakura tried to divide her attention between calming Wonyoung and teaching Chaeyeon to breathe properly. Soon everyone woke up. They tried their best to help Chaeyeon but she’s not getting better.

 

Yuri keeps on biting her nails, a habit she have whenever she’s nervous. “I- I think it’s better if one of us will go to the clinic to let the doctor know. Chaeyeon unnie is clearly having a hard time.” Yuri stammers in nervousness.

 

 

 

Sakura volunteers herself.  “Okay, I’ll go.” She runs to the clinic and knocked more than 10 times. “What the . Where is the nurse?” She lift up her wrist to check the time. Its 3:30am. “I need to tell Eunbi unnie.” She whispered.

 

 

She runs fast to the next building where Hyewon and Eunbi share a room. She didn’t know the room number, sakura had to check the name of the occupants on the door until she saw Eunbi and Hyewons name in the last door that she checked.

 

 

The cadet knocked for a couple of minutes before she heard the door clicked. She stepped back when Hyewon opened the door, she looks at her with an annoyed expression. “Do you know what time it is, Miyawaki? It’s 3am!”

 

“It’s Chayeon!” Sakura’s voice ringed in the hallway. She had to raise her voice to stop Hyewon on closing the door on her.

 

 

“What happened with Chae?” Hyewon asked, with wide eyes.

 

 

Sakura got a little distracted while explaining what happened when the captain showed up, her long hair was let down and she was wearing a white shirt, a rather simple outfit but Eunbi still managed to look ravishing as ever.

“You have to go and check on Chaeyeon, Hye. Sakura you stay here with me. We’ll talk to the nurse.” Eunbi commands

 

 

Sakura nods, she followed eunbi to the nurse’s room and helped her explain what really happened to her colleague.  The nurses dismissed them and decided to rush Chaeyeon to the military hospital.
 

 

“Are we not gonna go with them?” the cadet asked with concern.

 

 

The captain nodded,  “I need to stay with your squad. Hyewon’s going with them. Chayeon’s going to be fine. Don’t worry.” Eunbi assured and flashed a small smile.

 

 

“Okay, I’ll go Captain Kwon.” She turned her back to walk away but Eunbi grabbed her arm and pulled her inside their room.

 

 

“Kkura we have to talk. I want to explain what really happened in the bar.”

 

“It’s fine. I know you didn’t mean it anyway. It’s just a kiss right?” Sakura replied bitterly. She doesn’t really want to remember that anymore. She was already turned down and she’s confused if she can ever pursue the captain knowing that she’s not good enough.

 

 

“Kkura…”

 

“I’m really sorry. If I figured out right away that you’re captain Kwon then I wouldn’t do that.”

 

 

“Why not?”

 

 

Sakura fakes a chuckle, “I’m only a cadet, let’s just forget about it. Is that okay, Unnie?”

 

 

Whenever Eunbi gets confused about something, she always answered with a nod in which she did before Sakura left the room. It was minutes later when she realized that she just confirmed herself as Sakura’s unnie.  “. when will I ever let go of this nodding habit!” She grabbed the pillow beside her and threw it in frustration.

 

-

 

 

 

The squad assembled at exactly 7:00am in the morning at the open space for the announcement of the major general.

 

Eunbi stood beside her and smiled sweetly at her but she looked away and pretended she didn’t see it. “What was that smile? Stop making me like you.” She thought.

 

 

“Stand up straight, Kkura ya. I'll stand beside you, just ask me if there’s anything you don’t understand okay?” the captain whispered.

 

 

Sakura nodded, she was wondering why Eunbi changed. For some reason, she sound so sweet saying her name, she’s also calm and kept on smiling at her.

 

 

“Oh my gosh, Please don’t me like you more…”

 

“… The army ball will be held next week. This is your chance to ask anyone that you like. It can be someone from the outside or someone from here. It doesn’t really matter. Don’t be too slow soldiers you only have one week. Thank you for listening. Salute!”

 

 

“Salute!” everyone answered.

 

After the announcement they were given an hour break. They’re done with most of all their basic trainings the only once left are the ranger training course which will be handled by Eunbi as well.

 

“Do you have any question? Is there anything you didn’t understand?” the captain asked.

 

 

“None at all, Captain. Excuse me.”

 

Eunbi nodded and smiled, she knew that the young cadet excused herself because she’s uncomfortable with her presence. “Stop avoiding me, Kkura.”

-

 

 

“Come on, kkura unnie, don’t think of it that way. So what if you’re only a cadet? You should pursue her because you like her.” Yena gave her a comforting pat in the back, she appreciates that Yena and Yuri has been trying their best to lift up and build her confidence.

 

Yuri interrupted,, “You should ask her to the ball later. Captain Kwon is so pretty. I’m sure there’s gonna be a lot of people who will ask her.

 

 

Sakura let out a heavy sigh, “I can’t okay? I’m sure she’s gonna say no.”

 

 

“How would you know that? You haven’t asked her yet. Come on, even Chaeyeon who doesn’t like these kinds of events will go with SQ Kang.  Hold on Now, I wonder if they’re dating. That’s not allowed right?” Yuri asked curiously.

 

Yena shrugged her shoulders then turned her attention to Sakura, “I don’t see any reason for you not pursue Capt. Kwon. Look, if you want something you should go for it. Look at Yuri, she pursued me. Now we’ve been dating Yuri for 4months now.” She said casually.

 

 

“You’re ting me again, Yena!”

 

 

Yuri chuckled, “She’s not unnie, and it’s true.  But wait look  Captain Kwon is with someone.”

 

 

Sakura turns her head, eunbi she saw Eunbi on the oval again walking with another captain.

 

 “Wow. Is she nice to everyone?” She thought.  Sakura saw eunbi laughing with someone while walking. The captain glanced at her and smiled but she panicked and avoided the eye contact.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter