Chapter Fourteen

Captain Kwon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Eunbi rolled over in bed to hug Sakura but the younger girl isn't on her side anymore. She checked the time on the wall clock. "2:00am? Where is she?" She muttered. She stood up and went to the restroom to wash her face quickly; she took her winter coat on the coat rack behind the door and wore it before she went outside the room.

 

 

She walked out of the building and from afar she saw Sakura and Chaeyeon talking seriously in the waiting shed near the parking lot. Rubbing her hands together for some heat, Eunbi walked slowly towards the two young captains.

 

 

"What seems to be the problem? Why are you guys outside, it's cold. Come on and let's talk inside, I'll make some coffee for us."

 

 

The two captains didn't budge; they remained staring at each other. Eunbi furrowed her brows, confused. "Where's Hyewon, Chae?" She asked.

 

"She-she's." Chaeyeon's eyes glistened with tears.

 

Chaeyeon was cut off when Sakura answered. "She's missing, she went out of contact two weeks ago after infiltrating a base in the Middle East," she said quietly.

 

Eunbi felt like she was slapped so bard, her body froze and she wasn't able to utter anything because she's too shocked about the news of what happened to her best friend.

 

 

"Eunbi," Sakura calls slowly to get her attention. 

 

 

"The unit thinks it is an act of revenge. They know and I know she's not just missing. She was probably captured like me."

 

Chaeyeon dropped on her knees and began sobbing.

 

 

"How about the search? Do they have any leads?"

 

Sakura shook her head, her expression remained serious. "If there's someone who knows how they work it's me, Eun. I am the best person to join the rescue mission."

 

As soon as she heard the beginning of Sakura's sentence she covered her ears right away and shook her head.

 

 

"Eun, listen to me. Hyewon saved my life. I have to do this for her."She explained calmly.

 

 

If Sakura's gonna admit her true feelings she'll confess how scared she is right now but she has to push it at the back of her mind for Hyewon who didn't even think twice to save her before without even knowing her identity that time.

 

 

Eunbi ran towards the barracks.

 

 

"Chae, I'll go with you. No matter what happens, I'll go. Get some rest I'll talk to Eunbi."

 

 

_”_”_”_

 

 

Sakura opened the door to their room, she went inside and approached Eunbi who's sitting at the bed, crying.

 

 

"Eun…" she called softly.

 

 

The older captain stared at her with flushed cheeks and tears in her eyes.

 

 

"There's an entire team that is formed to rescue Hyewon. She's my best friend too but please, Kkura. You almost died last time. When are you going to stop? When!?" Eunbi sobbed uncontrollably.

 

 

Sakura got down on her knees in front of her. "Eunbi, Hyewon is the reason why I'm here. If not for her I'm dead. I am not going to turn my back on her, so please... please... support me and let me do my duty." She pleads.

 

"I will go--"

 

"No, Eun. I need to focus on Hyewon. If you're there my attention will be divided. Trust me and my abilities. Please?"

 

Eunbi sighed, her facial expression softened. "Do you promise to come back?"

 

 

The younger captain didn't answer instead she pulled out a small velvet box from her pocket. Eunbi gasped in shock when Sakura opened the box and showed her the ring, it's a platinum band with diamonds that looks elegant.

 

 

"It might sound cheesy and probably cliché but I want you to know that I waited all my life for someone like you, you're the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. I want to marry you and build a family with you. So please, marry me when I come back."

 

 

Eunbi sobbed, she pulled Sakura closer and placed a quick kiss on Sakura's lips.

 

"Yes. Oh my gosh, yes I will marry you."

 

 

Sakura stood up and sat beside her, she slides the ring on Eunbi's ring finger. "I love you," Eunbi said.

 

The younger captain leaned and closed their gap by capturing her fiance's lips.

 

 

_"_"_"_

 

Eunbi went to the airport to send off Sakura and Chaeyeon. She was so nervous, her hands are shaking and she’s sweating even though it's winter.

 

"Did you forget anything? Or did I forgot to pack something? Did you double-check your bags? She asked.

 

Sakura chuckled,  she cupped Eunbi's face cutely and pulled her closer to place a quick peck on her lips.

 

The kiss worked like magic, Eunbi calmed down, her muscles relax and she felts so much lighter in an instant.

 

She was so proud looking at Sakura standing confidently wearing her starched and pressed combat uniform. She was so different from the Miyawaki Sakura who entered the camp 2 years ago, now everything about her shouts that she's a defender, a fighter and a protector. She watches the younger captain slowly wore her aviator shades, she smiled at her so blindingly bright and Eunbi couldn't help but be mesmerised.

 

"Flight…"

 

"Promise me you will come back!" Eunbi pulled away after hugging Sakura tightly when she heard the last call saying that they have to board. They hooked their pinky fingers together and Sakura leaned closer to kiss Eunbi tenderly on her forehead. "Wait for me. Hold on to my words. No matter what happens I will come back to you. I will, I promise."

 

They hug each other one last time. She watches Sakura walk away with Chaeyeon. Before they entered the gate Sakura turned for the last time and flashed a big smile, she waves her hand and Eunbi did the same until Sakura entered the boarding area.

 

"I love you," Sakura muttered, she takes off her aviator shades on the way to the plane, it reveals her bloodshot eyes, her tears fell freely, the tears that she has been trying to hide from Eunbi.

 

 

_"_"_"_

 

 

For 3 weeks in the Middle East, the team of 5 most skilled soldiers did nothing but train and gather information about the enemy base. Eunbi and Sakura's communication was constant. Sakura made sure to call her twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening they made sure to update each other about what's happening to their life.

 

 

Sakura listened intently on the meeting, they finally found where Hyewon was held captive and they are planning to infiltrate the enemy's base. She was right all along the way Hyewon was captured was carefully planned as revenge for killing the one who tortured her before.

 

 

"Snipers are on point. Let's make sure to make our communication intact. This will be led by CPT. Lee and CPT. Miyawaki." The major general announced.

 

 

Everyone got up and started to get ready, Sakura walked into a corner and called Eunbi to let her know that they will infiltrate the enemy's camp today for Hyewon.

 

"Don't worry too much, Eun. Please take care of yourself okay? I gotta go. I love you." Sakura smiled after the call and returned the phone to her pocket to prepare for the mission.

 

 

_"_"_"_

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter