Chapter Three

Captain Kwon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


What was that? Even on my dreams, she’s yelling at me. She let out a sigh before washing her face and changing into her combat uniform.


She woke up earlier than the morning alarm, everyone was still sleeping when she left the room to go outside to do some warm-ups.


“Cadet, You’re early. That’s impressive.”


“Salute, Captain. And yes, I don’t want to run again with my combat gear.” She replied shortly with a smile.


“At ease. Miyawaki. Too bad you still need to run today with your combat gear as part of today’s training.” The captain responded with a chuckle.
 

Sakura thinks that Eunbi is really beautiful whenever she smiles, it has the power to brighten up someone's day no matter how gloomy you are. She didn't pay attention to what the captain said, instead, she stared. For this past few days, she had been randomly thinking what the captain looks like with her hair down. If she manages to look this beautiful with her hair in a bun and kept in a beret then how much more if she's allowed to put some make on and to style her hair.

 

"Captain, do you have a long hair? I’m just really curious because I really think you are beautiful I swear-"


Calm down your heart, Kwon Eunbi. You can’t blush in front of the cadet.


“Are you kidding me, Cadet. Miyawaki? What made you think you can talk to me like we’re friends? Don’t do small talk.” The captain said with an impassively.

Sakura was taken aback with the captain's sudden rudeness. She thought she can ask since the captain has been friendly to her but she also knows she shouldn't, after all, she’s her superior.


“I-I'm sorry, Captain Kwon.” She apologized and moved a little bit to the right to put some space between them.



***



The squad was given a 5-minutes break after their morning exercise, Hyewon saw from the distance that the 3 Japanese cadets Nako, Sakura, and Hitomi have been sharing a can of soda which is exclusively for the officers.


“Captain Kwon, Where did they get that soda? Aren’t you going to confiscate it?”


The captain shushed Hyewon. “Your voice one, someone might hear you. I secretly placed it in her locker. I was mean to her earlier this morning when she's only trying to be friends I felt really bad." the captain sighed ruefully.


“What? What the hell is wrong with you, unnie? You’re crazy!” Hyewon exclaimed in disbelief.

 

Sakura surely is beautiful, Hyewon wouldn't deny it, but she's still a little perplexed on the cadets' effect on the captain. It's okay to be interested, it's okay for her to listen about her random stories about Sakura but this breaking-the-rule thing is not something she approved.

 

"This is so not you, unnie, she's changing you, now you're breaking the rules for her.  You're not even sure if that girl is interested In you as well." She added.

 

"I know, Wonie."
 

 


After the break, Eunbi asked them to assemble in a horizontal file line. She explained about the individual training that they will do and confirmed to the cadets if they understood well the explanation.


Sakura tried her best to hide behind Wonyoung who is much taller than her, her heart is beating fast from nervousness afraid that Eunbi might see her.



“위장이란? 왜 우리는 그것을 사용합니까?” (What is camouflage and why do we use it?)


“It's our defense tactic to disguise ourselves and blend in the environment,” Yena answered confidently.


“Good. Anyone who doesn’t know what 개별 전투 훈련 means?”(individual combat training)

 

Eunbi looked at everyone’s faces until her eyes stopped at Sakura.


“Cadet 319,” Eunbi called.


Sakura felt like her heart is going to burst anytime when she heard her tag number. She didn’t understand the question. She glanced at Nako and Hitomi but the two looks equally clueless as she was.



What? What did she say? I don’t understand! Is that even Korean?


“Are you l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter